Thread: Ebay member geddoe, I hate him soooo much!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ebay member geddoe, I hate him soooo much!

We do a lot of ebay, not as much as some people, but we ARE powersellers and still both work. Because ebay is not our full time thing sometimes items arent shipped immediately. We never claim to ship next day or right after payment is recieved, and always complete transaction well within ebays allotted 30 days. If we are told it's time sensitive then we try extra to get it out asap. If it's for a birthday you usually even get extra stuff. So you buy from us you may have to wait a little bit longer but you get great stuff, packed great, at a great price.
    geddoe used buy it now to purchase Vay from us complete with map. Is he unhappy with it? I would offer a refund. I think the game is great, he's just unhappy that it wasnt there right away. So he leaves us negative feedback saying we were RUDE and UNHELPFUL, and that it took a long time?!
    ARGH! I'm just so mad! Neutral fine, but now our two years of selling, over 300 100% positive Powerselling days are gone. Thanks to geddoe, an impatient gamer with only 3 feedbacks and ebay member for a mere 3 months.

I guess now the question is do I ignore it, respond on my feedback, or post negative to him for abusing the system?
    And buyers, how would this negative affect your confidence to buy from us?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3010944905

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your sole negative would not deter me. I would go seek it out and read it though. Therefore I recommend responding to his feedback with a comment. Also, I'd leave him a neutral, basing it on rash neg feedback or somesuch thing. He should have at least given you some opportunity to avoid the neg.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh wait, I remember now, this is the same winner that sent us this email:
    i just got the game in the mail today. but there seems to be a problem. when i press the buttons, the game won't start. i'm a bit frustrated because i think the problem why my controller is having no effect on the game when i press the buttons is because i need a sega cd controller. and what i have is a sega genesis controller. i didn't know i needed one. especially because i bought a copy of shining force cd and it worked fine with my sega genesis controller. what my question is, would i need to buy a special sega cd controller to play vay? what should i do? if i am wrong about the controller being the problem, i'm not sure what the heck is wrong. all i know is, the game doesn't respond to the buttons when i press them.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Heh. You know, I bid on that auction. I just picked up a Sega CD and I'm trying to get the best games for the system, including both Working Designs game. Only the price went too high. I finally got a complete one for $21.50. (Still trying to get Popful Mail without spending more then $30 for it). So I do understand your frustration and the advice you have allready been given is quite sound.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Give him a negative for not trying to work the problem out with the seller before leaving a negative feedback.

AND ADD HIM to your blocked bidder list so he doesn't get pissed and harass your auctions for the next 5 years
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn choco what kinda seller are you.

you won't be getting any of my business anymore...

hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Leave him negative feedback and block him from bidding on your auctions in the future. He's not a customer you want to deal with again. He's stupid enough that he didn't even leave effective negative feedback. "took two weeks to get item"! WTF is that? Two weeks is pretty good in my book. He's no doubt some 11 year old kid that doesn't remember that only a few years ago it would have taken two months to get his precious CD. I had a buyer actually file fraud charges against me after 5 days. 5 DAYS! The one negative feedback out of hundreds would not deter me in the least as a buyer.

Remember, there's always one unreasonable asshole in a bunch. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened to you sooner. It happened to me when I was around 100.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would give him negative feedback for being a retard. 2 weeks is great shipping time.

I think 1 out of 400 and some postivies is very good feedback. I would bid on someone that even had as much as 10 out of 400 without hesitating... unless all 10 was in the past little while. Then I go find them, but 99.7% postive is great.
    ~Rich

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I think he is in error in this instance, I would be sure to be careful about informing buyers of shipping times that are over a week. I ship out next day, and expect the same unless told otherwise by a seller. I also expect priority mail (on games, not systems) unless told otherwise by a seller, especially if I pay > 3 for shipping. Well I wouldn't leave a negative over a 2 week ship time, I do think that's a bit on the long side.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevincure
    Well I think he is in error in this instance, I would be sure to be careful about informing buyers of shipping times that are over a week. I ship out next day, and expect the same unless told otherwise by a seller. I also expect priority mail (on games, not systems) unless told otherwise by a seller, especially if I pay > 3 for shipping. Well I wouldn't leave a negative over a 2 week ship time, I do think that's a bit on the long side.
    Not really. Anyone with a busy life and multiple items to ship, especially if they do it regularly, probably ships all of their items out weekly. That would mean, if you win an auction on monday, get your payment in mid week, they'd ship like on saturday. That's not unreasonable and is in fact pretty quick. If you pay with paper means (MO, check) it should be expected to take longer. This whole philosophy of "if I don't get my stuff in 4 days I'm filing charges" really is incredibly unreasonable.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

Well again with hearing certain things from others, be wary that he might charge back for paypal...assuming that’s how he paid. If not then screw him and Negative his ass. And also comment about the feedback he gave you. that usually clears up the BS. But seasonable Ebayers will look at your feedback and then look at that negative, realize that he has only 3 feedback and dismiss him as an asshole.
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have to say that any seller on ebay no matter how honorable, honest and responsible should EXPECT to get negative feedback at some point, especially if they havea lot of transactions. It blows chunks when it happens but there's just too many unstable people out there to expect that you won't. I agree with the other responses here. A person looks over a few negatives when you have a ton of praise, especially when the few negatives come from obvious morons. And you can usually tell whos a moron by reading the way that they post their feedback.