Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Pier Solar, the new Genesis RPG can now be pre-ordered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have read on several forums that there is an Easter Egg in Pier Solar if you play it through a 32X, but I can't find any information on what the Easter Egg is.

Has anyone else heard of this? I have heard a lot of talk but no details. Anyone have any idea on what it is?
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have... It was my idea to put it in the game .

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    I have read on several forums that there is an Easter Egg in Pier Solar if you play it through a 32X, but I can't find any information on what the Easter Egg is.

Has anyone else heard of this? I have heard a lot of talk but no details. Anyone have any idea on what it is?
    I’ve heard of that, and a ton of other Easter eggs that no one seems to want to share like supposedly there is a map/picture on the inside of some/all the boxes where the poster and stickers are.

As it looks now it will be a long time till I can see them for myself (Still waiting on my copy ) I wish there was more info/pics on each Easter egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I have... It was my idea to put it in the game .
    REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!… Please
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The point about them is to have players find the easter eggs by themselves. It will just spoil the fun if everything is served on a platter.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Woot!

I have the game in my hands, and... I'm locked out of the house in the dark so I can't open it yet. XD

Just happy it's safely in my possession.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    The point about them is to have players find the easter eggs by themselves. It will just spoil the fun if everything is served on a platter.
    I understand that and I love discovering Easter Eggs, but my 32x is packed away and it's a pain to hook up to either my X'Eye or CDX. It's an awesome idea and nice to see that the Easter Egg was implemented. However its just not feasible for me to currently keep my 32x hooked up. If it was rewarding enough I would dig it out but otherwise I'll just skip it for the time being and hopefully hook it up for a second play through.

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Woot!

I have the game in my hands, and... I'm locked out of the house in the dark so I can't open it yet. XD

Just happy it's safely in my possession.
    Surely you have a Nomad stashed somewhere on you!
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

I still haven't received mine and I'm definitely concerned. Moreso now since I emailed enquiries@piersolar.com (the email address my shipping confirmation came from) yesterday morning and have not gotten a response yet. My ID # was 1572, so I'm hoping that it's taking so long because it was one of the last to be shipped out, but it'd be nice to hear back from somebody in the know.
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a response I got from one of the team members when I asked for an update on my game, this should apply to anyone still waiting on their copy: "its possible that the game waited at customs for over a month, it happened to a lot of people actually. This is due to XMAS overload, they cannot process all the parcels normally. Its just a matter of patience. To send a replacement we need to determine if the parcel is lost, which is 45 days without tracking updates in "normal/non xmas" condition.
    " Hope that info helps anyone still waiting and wondering.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    I’ve heard of that, and a ton of other Easter eggs that no one seems to want to share like supposedly there is a map/picture on the inside of some/all the boxes where the poster and stickers are.
    The picture in question is hard to photograph without destroying the entire box. Pop the CD into your computer and browse all the files that are there. If I can find my capture card I'm just going to dump a bunch of screenshots somewhere for the people that can't wait/didn't get a chance to purchase.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    The picture in question is hard to photograph without destroying the entire box. Pop the CD into your computer and browse all the files that are there. If I can find my capture card I'm just going to dump a bunch of screenshots somewhere for the people that can't wait/didn't get a chance to purchase.
    So your saying that the picture in the box is on the CD? From the way I heard it described it was something special to the boxes only (it also sounded like it might not be in all the boxes) , but I'm only making assumptions from the cryptic talk of the Dev. team.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    So your saying that the picture in the box is on the CD? From the way I heard it described it was something special to the boxes only (it also sounded like it might not be in all the boxes) , but I'm only making assumptions from the cryptic talk of the Dev. team.
    It's a picture on the inside of the box where the poster/stickers are stored. I don't know if it's exclusive to any one version but you can't see it without carefully bending the box open. Snapping a clear photo would require literally ripping the thing out because it's part of the box.

It's just a cute little picture and nothing important.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I received my copy, finally. Man, I really thought that I got screwed on this one. Not intentionally, but that's just usually how my luck works. It turns out it was actually being held by the post office since the 8th of January. I was out of town for a few weeks and they didn't attempt to redeliver it or leave another slip in my mailbox until last Saturday.

Honestly, I was expecting a more generic product, but I'm pretty damn impressed with this thing! I know that people who've received their copies have been gushing over it, but it's really all deserved from what I can tell.

Thanks again for helping me Zebbe, I really appreciated it. It was a relief to finally get word from someone.

I look forward to supporting Watermelon's future projects.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am glad you guys got your copy, enjoy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

<<<sniff>>> I really do love these happy endings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I received my copy, finally. Man, I really thought that I got screwed on this one. Not intentionally, but that's just usually how my luck works. It turns out it was actually being held by the post office since the 8th of January. I was out of town for a few weeks and they didn't attempt to redeliver it or leave another slip in my mailbox until last Saturday.

Honestly, I was expecting a more generic product, but I'm pretty damn impressed with this thing! I know that people who've received their copies have been gushing over it, but it's really all deserved from what I can tell.

Thanks again for helping me Zebbe, I really appreciated it. It was a relief to finally get word from someone.

I look forward to supporting Watermelon's future projects.
    I'm glad you got the game and that I could help you. I hope you enjoy the game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    And that is if the post office remembers to scan them.

I hope everyone gets theirs soon. I do know neojapan got it...I wonder if Melf did?
    I got mine last Thursday! Unfortunately, it was the same day my brother arrived to visit, so I didn't get to play much this past weekend.

Apparently, the copy that arrived was the one that go sent to New Zealand. The shipping label itself say "New Zealand" instead of Puerto Rico, so whoever made the label is to blame, and as far as I know, the PO doesn't make up and attach ink jet-printed shipping labels.

At least it's here though. The quality of the box and everything is ASTOUNDING. I don't think there's ever been a homebrew game of this quality. Seriously, only the Sega CD Working Designs games compare in terms of product quality. Kudos to WaterMelon for some truly brilliant packaging.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    Surely you have a Nomad stashed somewhere on you!
    I do carry around quite a large messenger bag. But the oldest handheld I slug around Is an SP.

Spent 30min last night just opening the game. The packaging really is amazing. I slit open the blister from the bottom so that I didn't damage the Watermelon sticker, and could store the game in plastic for safekeeping. Loved the gold leafing throughout the manual, as another poster mentioned this really is Working Designs level quality.

Played the game for about an hour but I think I'll take my own advice and start a gameplay
    thread.
    Last edited by Daria; 02-02-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still no show in Miami,, never saw confirmation email either.

JS

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jsiucho View Post
    Still no show in Miami,, never saw confirmation email either.
    If it's any consolation, I didn't get the confirmation email either (I was starting to think that I was the only one who didn't). I was pretty worried, but I did received my copy in the end.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I've had my prestige edition for a while. Yesterday I had a little bit of time so I decided to pull it out and open it up. Out of curiosity, I looked on eBay and saw what these are going for. I seriously hesitated and considered going with one of the reprints instead, but in the end did open it up and look through it. I can't really add anything others haven't said. The cart and disc both worked fine at least for the opening screens, most of the credits, and a few minutes of play. I've got a couple other games I still want to finish before starting this one, though. Oh, and I'd forgotten I was lucky #013!