Thread: Quick review Play-Asia Import "White" PS2 System!

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Quick review Play-Asia Import "White" PS2 System!

Okay, I bought a ceramic white PS2 Import system from Play-Asia.

I must say, the service and shipping were great. It arrived in PA (where I reside) within 3-4 business days with minimal shipping charges and it was packed in an outer box-impressive, as I thought they would actually try to bubble pad the thing (I have seen this done before by other importers on PS2 systems).

I will say this, I could tell that they did "test" the system before sending it out (which is fine, you can't expect them not to). The parts were all sealed, as was the controller, but the box was not.

I would definately shop at Play-Asia again, but I do always buy new, so sometimes its more economical to shop at an importer that is US based.

One word of caution about the "ceramic white" PS2: It does happen to show any form of dust, etc. due to its pure white color. I knew this before I bought it, but I had to have one!

Anyway, if anyone could start recommending games for this thing I would appreciate it! Please note: I have been to Japan and can successfully "exist" there, but I do not speak Japanese, so don't recommend any RPG's etc. Stick to shooters, fighters, arcade stuff, and the like!

Thanks again!

Insert Coin (Level 0) animesuperj's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also got a ceramic white PS2 from PA and I LOVE it. Whenever I take it out people ask where I got it.

As for games, I play mostly play Pop'n Music and Beatmania IIDX. I do have a lot of shooters as well. If your not into rhythm games, look into getting some of the best hits shooters. Twinkle Star Sprites: La Petite Princesse is REALLY good, especially if you've played the old one. 1945 I && II is sweet, and cheap. I just scroll through the bemani & music and action & shooter sections to see what games went on Best Hits, since I don't really care about BH's imported. That's my 2 cents, hope it helps!

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by animesuperj View Post
    I also got a ceramic white PS2 from PA and I LOVE it. Whenever I take it out people ask where I got it.

As for games, I play mostly play Pop'n Music and Beatmania IIDX. I do have a lot of shooters as well. If your not into rhythm games, look into getting some of the best hits shooters. Twinkle Star Sprites: La Petite Princesse is REALLY good, especially if you've played the old one. 1945 I && II is sweet, and cheap. I just scroll through the bemani & music and action & shooter sections to see what games went on Best Hits, since I don't really care about BH's imported. That's my 2 cents, hope it helps!
    Thanks! I definately love old school shooters! That's why I started importing in the first place. I will check out those games you mentioned. I actually have Twinkle Star Sprites for the Neo CD! Is the PS2 version any different?

Let me know!

Thanks again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by animesuperj View Post
    1945 I & II is sweet, and cheap. I just scroll through the bemani & music and action & shooter sections to see what games went on Best Hits, since I don't really care about BH's imported. That's my 2 cents, hope it helps!
    With your Strikers 1945 1 & 2 pack did your copy come with the bonus super-play DVD or not?
    On topic, I'd say Play-Asia is a very reliable place to get most of new import ware. Otherwise, Yesasia.com is a very good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by neogamer View Post
    I actually have Twinkle Star Sprites for the Neo CD! Is the PS2 version any different?

Let me know!
    It's a completely reworked game for PS2, and in 3D no less. I prefer the original myself (and on Saturn no less) but it has the same nature of the previous games. Nowadays it's pretty cheap too if I recall.
    Last edited by fahlim003; 09-20-2007 at 01:29 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the white PS2 is pretty sweet. I got one during the 20% off sale that was going on last spring. I believe I have about 30 or so imports. I got lucky when I won an Ebay lot of Japanese imports.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Insert Coin (Level 0) animesuperj's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ITT: Twinkle Star Sprites on PS2 is $35 from PA. Something around there. Much better than the release price I paid for it.

fahlim003: I got the Strickers 1945 I && II + Gunbird Premium Package. When I got it, I think you could only get strickers by itself or in the package. I just went with the package deal because it gave me another shooter to play.

Continuing comments about Play-Asia, I just want to add that I've probably spent over $1000 on stuff from them, and have not had a single bad experience with anything. The ONLY bad thing was I ordered the Pop'n Music 14: Fever Konamisyle edition pack, which was suppose to come with a poster. I got the game, and two months later still had no recieved my poster. I e-mailed them on it, and two weeks later got the poster in the mail.
    So yeah, PA is my favorite importing site. I'll have to check out yesasia.com, I forgot about them.