Thread: $25 savings leads to $300 purchase! (Wii)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default $25 savings leads to $300 purchase! (Wii)

I’ve been putting off buying a Wii for some time now (trying to get all of the love out of my Game Cube). When Super Paper Mario came out I was SO tempted to get a Wii…hell, even my wife has been begging for mr to get one (she loves the damn thing more than I do). I put it off and from time to time I saw one here or there in stock in various stores.

When it had only been out for a few weeks, I landed up getting one for my buddy (found one in a K-Mart when I was out of town) but a for me, I still put it off…

Not too long ago, my buddy got Super Paper Mario and even though I played it and loved it…I just kept thinking Wii + extra controller + Paper Mario = $$$$...

Fast forward to today.

I went into a local pawn shop to look for some games. After thumbing through 100 different SNES, Genesis and N64 EA Sport titles I happened to come across a pile of Wii games. Just like it was my destiny, there sat Super Paper Mario and for $25! I thought to myself, “Gee, I bet the game is scratched all to hell or something.” I picked it up and it was perfect. As you can guess, I gladly shelled out the $25.

Driving home I kept looking down at the game wanting to play it, but then I just kept thinking about that $300 I’d have to shell out for the system and controller (Yes, the controller is necessary, my wife would MURDER me if I showed up without one for her!).

In the hour it took for me to get home, I succumbed to the pressure and decided what the hell, you only live once! I stopped by a local K-Mart and found they had zero consoles...not a huge surprise. As a matter of fact, the lady informed me that they wouldn’t be getting any until November for some reason (Not so sure about this, anyone else heard this?). I left empty handed and decided to go by a GameStop…

Same story…zero consoles.

I finally had to stop by Wal Mart to get a few things and decided that even though they had no Wii’s on Tuesday, the last time I was there (yes, I look often, I enjoy torturing myself…) I'd give it a try anyway.

I get a few things and when I went to the rear of the store…..I WAS SHOCKED…there sat 2 Wii’s! Needless to say I GLADLY bought one. Funny enough, the $25 I saved on SPM landed up costing me an extra $300 just a few hours later...and you know what, I couldn't be happier. What perfect timing.

I’m going to trick my wife when she gets home and surprise her with it. I'll show here the deal I got on the game and play up the fact that I “wish I could play the game I just bought.” When she makes a “I told you to get one when you had the chance!” comment….I pull it out form behind the couch.

Anyway, kinda lame story but I hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by smokehouse; 09-27-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!