Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I visited the Play N' Trade down in Lafayette, Louisiana yesterday. It still has the name attached, even though the corporate branch went bankrupt. Apparently the owner of that location had it in his contract that he had the option to open up three locations, so he's opened up another store in Carencro, LA. At some point somebody at the company put his store's phone number down as the corporate headquarters, and the very few people still operating Play N' Trade stores keep calling him up like he has the ability to fix anything.

So, what's happened to the corporation? Do store owners have to license the name any more? I was only able to talk to the assistant manager at the Lafayette store, I don't really know anything about what's left of the company. When the owner of that location opened up a second store, it had a Play N' Trade sign on the building, so I would imagine he'd have to get that from somewhere, some corporate entity that's still sort-of in charge. Anybody know what's going on with them? Are there any other locations still open?
    Yeah, Jeff opened up the Carencro one recently, I have yet to get a chance to visit that one as I visited the Lafayette one often enough till I started buying a ton of imports, something they rarely get at either location. I do follow both of their Facebook pages, but they never really seem to post whatever goodies someone might trade in (unlike the Texas Game Over stores, I follow all of them, they are always posting goodies they have). One of these days I'll visit the Carencro location, one of these day. The only other 2 locations I knew of were New Iberia, and Prairieville, both looooong closed down. The New Iberia store had a lot of stuff, but the guy was an asshole about prices, so I only made 3-4 trips there. The one in Prairieville I made one trip to, the guys were so excited I spent so much, and came from so far, they GAVE me a free model 1 Genesis that I wanted to buy. A week after I paid a visit, they shut down.
    Last edited by Bloodreign; 02-11-2020 at 03:33 AM.