Thread: Questions about certain Wii games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Questions about certain Wii games

GT Pro Series is only $25 at Wal-Mart and I thought about getting this. It hasn't gotten great reviews but it does have the steering wheel included with it. How is the gameplay/controls with this thing? Also, does this game have a decent enough time trial?

Wing Island looks pretty decent but I don't know much about it other than that it's a flying game made by Hudson. Super Swing Golf looks pretty decent too but I'm wondering if it's a deep game or if it's similar to Wii Sports Golf. SSX Blur also looks good with the Wiimote controls and all.

I'm basically just looking for a cheap Wii game as I only have VC games and Super Paper Mario. All help is appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Swing golf is a blast. Its like mario golf in terms of amounts of things to do and unlock

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought Monster 4x4 which is also an Ubisoft release with a wheel. The game is fucking terrible!

The graphics are N64/Early Psone quality and the camera will make you Barf!
    The controls actually are not so bad. I just cannot play this game. I bought t for the wheel at full price. What a jackass I was.

If you are looking to get a racing game, I would have to say that Excite Truck is easily the best out now. I personally love racing titles by Monster Games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My local Wal-Mart has GT Pro for only $25, which is why I'm looking to possibly pick it up. I don't have the money for a $50 Wii game at this point.

On Super Swing Golf, I was hoping it was comparable to Mario Golf as I love that game. Are the controls pretty spot-on as compared to any other ordinary golf game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    If you are looking to get a racing game, I would have to say that Excite Truck is easily the best out now. I personally love racing titles by Monster Games.
    I usually hate racing games but I picked up Excite Truck for $20 at a flea market, and am having a blast with it. If the only objective was to come in first every race I would probably be bored to tears by it, but earning enough stars to achieve the highest rankings and unlock more trucks keeps me coming back again and again. If you can get this one at a price you like, I highly recommend it.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really enjoyed SSX Blur. The one caveat is that the default controls have you steer by tilting the nunchuck, which I found absolutely unplayable. You can go to the settings and switch it to steer via the analog stick and it's WAY better. Once I did that I really got into it. Another tip: the uber tricks aren't performed by "pointing" at the screen. It simply reads the motion of the wiimote while being held parallel to the floor. Don't try to draw the shape on the screen or it won't register, just do the motion. Once I figured that out (it's not explained well) I could do the uber tricks 90% of the time. Very fun and addicting game. It doesn't offer a whole lot more than other SSX games, but it's well done. It looks nice, controls well, and has a very addicting quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

You can get super swing golf for free on the PC as Albatross 18 and you can play it online too.

Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

On the cheap side, I enjoyed Kororinpa Marble Mania quite a bit. Don't know how easy it is to find these days, but it was just $40 at release, so should be cheaper now if you can find it.
    The-Bavis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To me, GT Pro Series came off as something that looked and played like it was originally planned to be a PS2 budget title. The inclusion of the steering wheel likely saved the game from hitting the bargain bins sooner than it did. On the plus side, at least it's not Auto Modellista.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I worked in a used CD/DVD/Game store for awhile, and we got a copy of GT Pro in pretty quickly after it came out. I took it home, and played it off and on for about a week, but really didn't find anything just beckoning me to play it. The cel-shaded look was OKAY, and it was a passable racer, but even as someone who buys virtually anything just because it's on closeout, I don't know if I'd spend twenty-five on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by The-Bavis View Post
    On the cheap side, I enjoyed Kororinpa Marble Mania quite a bit. Don't know how easy it is to find these days, but it was just $40 at release, so should be cheaper now if you can find it.
    I can second Kororinpa! It is a nice take on the Marble Madness formula and is use the Wii controller very nice BUT I cannot recommend Wing Island -- I was hoping for a Pilotwings experience but instead got frustration with the gameplay These games came out on the same day back in March so I always remember them together
    Kororinpa is +1, Wing Island is -2

Also will throw in recommemdation for Excite Truck. VERY fun and well done game!