Thread: Your Nicest Console Setup

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your Nicest Console Setup

Ok, this thread is just for kicks, but let me explain the premise.

Disregarding your software collection, what is the the console that you have "leveled up" the most? I don't really mean customized—although those comments are welcome too—but accessorized to your hearts content. Basically, your ultimate setup for practical, gaming use—not just boxed systems & accessories for collecting purposes.

An example might be something like, Region-Switch Modded, Black Sega Dreamcast, Broadband Adaptor, Keyboard, with 4 Black Pads, 4 VMUs, & 2 Arcade sticks. It could definitely get crazier than that, but just list what you consider to be the console you maxed out hardware-wise.

For me, I am not completely satisfied with my Famicom Setup, but it is the one I would choose out of all my consoles.

Original White/Red/Gold Bodied Family Computer
    -3D Stereo Sound Mod
    -Composite Output Mod
    -PPU Amp Upgrade
    -SuperSlot Stabilizer
    -Double Length Hardwired Controller Mod
    -Famicom Disk System

That said, here are some things I would like to add to really complete the setup...

-HoneyBee NES Adaptor
    -Swap slightly scuffed control pad casings with brand new replacements
    -Disable the lockout chip on the Disk System

Ultimate Dream Setup...

-All of the above but starting with a brand-new, never used Famicom & Disk System. Mine are in very good condition but not mint.

-RGB Modded Famicom (while I don't like the looks nearly as much as the classic Famicom, it would be insane to own one of these that go for $400+ on Yahoo Japan)

I am also working on my Super Famicom Setup & Hope to Achieve this...
    -Original Grey Super Famicom
    -SNES Game Adaptor
    -5 Original Nintendo SFC Gamepads
    -At least 2 (max 5) Controller Extension Cords or Modified Controller Cables
    -Grey Hudson Multitap
    -Super Game Boy
    -RGB Cable

Let's see what you guys got or are working on!
    Last edited by Family Computer; 10-04-2007 at 05:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

The two closest I have to "maxing out" (as I call it), would be my PS2 and 360 (Which I just bought actually).

PS2: SCPH-30001R (I got it Christmas 2001), Network Adapter, HDD, EyeToy, and SOCOM Headset. Am I missing any official accessories?

Xbox 360: Elite with HD DVD drive. I hope to be getting the Vision Camera bundle in a few weeks, then the Wireless adapter sometime later. I suppose the 360 won't be completely maxed out, as I won't be buying the racing wheel.

I had a chance at an "Ultimate Saturn" last year, unfortunately, my buddy who was gonna sell it to me found out it was fried just a day or so before. Region switch, 50/60 MHz switch, VCD card, and mod board. Perhaps I should ask him about putting together another one for me...
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm one of the few who believe the less the more as far as the console is concerned...but I've lucked out in life a few times.

At the moment, my Elite and Wii are both component cable, wireless internet, hooked up to my prized (literally) Sony Wega and 5.1 DreamDVD Surround Sound System.

The only thing I paid for, system's aside was the 360 Network adpater and the Wii's component cables, and I got those with employee discount ;

My only real truly 'pimped' system would be my Genesis, which Kamino S-Video modified for me. It was so worth it. It's hooked up to a Model 1 Sega CD drive (sexaaaay).

I was also going to break down and pay the $$$ to have my AES component modified, but with MVS games hitting the Wii, I'd rather have them virtually.

On the other hand, my 360 is about to get the Pink controller, so my GF can kick my ass in Puzzle Fighter...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well... I'm sure there's more I could do to it... But I recently soft-modded my xbox for emulation purposes only (now I can play all those classic SNES games I can't afford). I also bought a wireless logitech controller for it (which is ergonomically better than the original) It's hooked up via component video to my High Def TV, and then I have a fiber optic cable running to a pioneer receiver. I also have a DVD remote for it, but in all honesty the progressive scan DVD function of the XBOX sucks... Oh and I have an action replay for it too.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Sadly none of my stuff is "maxed out"

My saturn runs S video and I use an action replay cart for imports/memory etc I have an official 3D controller and a crappy aftermarket one

My PSP slim (star wars edition) is pretty sweet and current and will probably run some custom firmware if I can manage it. I only have a 1gig memory card as opposed to 2-4.

My 360 is running through component and has xbox live gold along with two wireless controllers but thats it, sadly its not hooked up to an HDTV yet (but possibly soon!) mine is a premium so its no longer the best and doesn't have HDMI also not wireless I'm using ethernet cable

My wii is running composite until I get a tv with more component hookups available it is using wireless internet though. My router is shit though, gives me trouble in halo at least thats what halo says, I just don't wanna buy a new one cause aside from halo all seems fine

My ps2 slim has two dualshock 2s a memory card and runs through composite.

MY dslite (soon to be sold) is just a ds lite!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess my Genesis system is pretty maxed out. It outputs RGB, I expanded the cartridge slot so it'll take Japanese carts, added a language switch so I can play locked Japanese games. I also have a 32X and a Sega CD connected to it, and I installed a multibios in the Sega CD so I can play Japanese titles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    I'm one of the few who believe the less the more as far as the console is concerned…
    I am on of the few also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    I was also going to break down and pay the $$$ to have my AES component modified…
    It took me 2 months to find a "bone stock" USA AES.

I prefer my console "bone stock".

BUT, I think some of the thing going on with modernizing classic console is cool. Things like putting S-Video on Atari, RGB on the Turbo Grafx, and stereo audio jacks on the AES, these are neat things to have offered. I understand that I do miss out on these awesome looking and sounding enhancement. I tip my hat to the folks who are do these type of modification and have envy to those who are get to play these enhanced games

Apple (Level 5) Sweater Fish Deluxe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mwahahahahaahhhahahhhahahhhh...

And if a plain old Dreamcast hooked up to a 27" NEC Multisync VGA monitor counts, then double-mwahahhahhahahhahahhhhhahaah.

...word is bondage...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My Sega Saturn collection I think is pretty nice. While I haven't done any modifications to it, I might later if I don't sell it.

US Sega Saturn
    2 US controllers
    1 US Stunner Gun

JP Sega Saturn
    1 JP controller
    2 JP wireless controllers
    2 JP Virtua Sticks
    2 JP Virtua Guns
    1 JP 1MB RAM Cart

1 PAL Memory Cart

It would look a lot better in photos so maybe I'll take some later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sweater Fish Deluxe View Post
    Mwahahahahaahhhahahhhahahhhh...
    Ok, so I recognize N64 and N64 DD . . . what is the rest?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    Ok, so I recognize N64 and N64 DD . . . what is the rest?
    there's a tristar (plays n64, snes, sfc, fc, and nes (with converter) games) hanging out of the z64 (backup unit), and the cd64(another backup unit) is on bottom. I've seen that device sticking out of the cd64, but I have no clue what it is...

I'm pretty happy with my turbo duo, it's a US version with a kisado converter, arcade duo card, a tototek flash card, duo tap, a normal duo controller and a duo-rx contoller (6-button). I may need to get another set of controllers to actually complete the setup.
    Last edited by PsychedelicShaman; 10-04-2007 at 02:00 PM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I've got a nice little mod-chipped Playstation 1 with a clear green plastic shell setting next to my PS3 in my entertainment center.

The only thing that ever really goes in it (and stays in it) is a CDR with "It Might Be NES" and a (what I believe to be) complete set of US NES Roms.

Sure, I've got an NES 2 top-loader and a nice collection of actual NES games ... but not EVERY game ... and when convenience is key - that emulator is a real crowd-pleaser at parties and get-togethers, and just a BIT more functional than most AV-out famiclones that I've got.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If you're going for accessories I guess my Saturn would have the most additional crap. It's USA/JPN modded and I have the Pachinko Controller, VirtualOn TwinStick, Densha de Go Train Controller (all boxed complete), Arcade Racer and of course the analog NiGHTS pad. Most tend to gravitate toward the USA/JPN modded JVC X'Eye though or the Dreamcast in a translucent green shell. The yellow GameCube seems to be an afterthought these days.

If anyone wants some USA/JPN modded Genesis 2 goodness, check my sale thread.