Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
I spoke to the retrogaming radio guys at CGE and they said they had some philosophical bias against itunes and podcasting. They lost one listener in me because of that. I can't be bothered to listen on my computer or deal with some special circumstance. If it's not on itunes, I don't podcast it. I hope they go itunes/podcast soon! I would love to check them out.
Just curious-three to possibly four clicks is "a special circumstance"? I follow the link I have in my bookmarks, click on the link to the latest show, click to download and if I want to hear it on the go I drag the file over to my Sansa player. But then maybe I'm just old fuddy duddy who does things "the old fashioned way" by downloading a talk show from an HTML link :P .

The whole podcast thing is about maintaining control, if I'm not mistaken. You can read some of the debate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W
Retrogaming Radio was better when 'Kidhype' Smith was producing the show. Since he passed away, the shows have started to suffer. This year, they've barely put out any new episodes.
It's subjective. There's more hands in it now with more Hardware Flashbacks by a dedicated submitter along with the new Chasing the Chuckwagon bit for those in the collecting scene. Personally I see it more as "different" than under Bryan's producing. I'm liking it but whether you like it or not, that's up to you.

As for lack of shows, well there's Shane's new addition to the family and that takes a lot of time from making shows. Same thing is happening with Chris, Shane's partner in crime at Dual Screen Radio. Plus there was the CGE hiatus so there were no real new interviews to have. Since it's pretty much a hobby thing and the shows are provided FOR FREE (extra emphasis there to remind folks), I think he deserves some slack. Especially since he's been doing providing the gaming community with shows and interviews for what, eight years?