Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else think Assassin's Creed is going to be a huge dud?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anybody else think Assassin's Creed is going to be a huge dud?

Supposedly, Assassin's Creed went gold, and it will be released November 13th. For some reason, I have a feeling that this game should have been delayed till March. I don't know why, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the game is going to have alot of bugs, alot of issues, framerate problems, tearing, etc, etc. I think the game could be an awesome game, but I just have the feeling that it's being rushed out for holdiay release, and that it really isn't ready for prime time.

Hopefully I'm totally wrong, and this game is the cat's meow. I guess we will know in a few weeks.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    Supposedly, Assassin's Creed went gold, and it will be released November 13th. For some reason, I have a feeling that this game should have been delayed till March. I don't know why, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the game is going to have alot of bugs, alot of issues, framerate problems, tearing, etc, etc. I think the game could be an awesome game, but I just have the feeling that it's being rushed out for holdiay release, and that it really isn't ready for prime time.

Hopefully I'm totally wrong, and this game is the cat's meow. I guess we will know in a few weeks.
    While I half agree that early press buzz says that it has a very buggy beta ...

I think this might be an example of a company like UbiSoft taking an opportunity get a product out in the market and see what they can do with downloadable patches to fix problems that crop up.

This might not be the best way to handle things ... especially considering how many (if not all) reivew outlets do their "game scoring" prior to retail release ... but I think that if there are acutal unforseen bugs that consumers find to be troublesome, and Ubisoft can prove that they can fix them via free patches ... that it might be a step in a good direction for the industry to see.

Of course, it's always better to have a "near perfect" product when you go gold ... but I must admit that I am dying to get my hands on A.C. bugs or no.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I suspect it is going to be very buggy and that gameplay may not meet the initial hype. As recently as TGS, reviewers were complaining about some very major issues including level design and general play issues. I think this is probably an example of a game that should have been delayed a few more months being rushed to hit the pre-holiday ship date. I am hoping against hope that it surprises everyone, but given all the high-profile disappointments lately, I wouldn't count on it.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'd like to know what was up with that leaked comic.

What does a thief in a corporation have to do with an assassin from the past?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man I don't understand your guys Negativity, I think that really no one has seen enough of the game to be able to actually say how it's gonna turn out.

I have it preordered and It's one of my most anticipated games of the year, I think it's gonna be great but it probaly will have bugs though what games don't anymore.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Lothars View Post
    Man I don't understand your guys Negativity, I think that really no one has seen enough of the game to be able to actually say how it's gonna turn out.

I have it preordered and It's one of my most anticipated games of the year, I think it's gonna be great but it probaly will have bugs though what games don't anymore.
    I don't think the game will fail or anything.

I just want to know what's up with that damn comic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think your wrong on this dude (and about the model fuko)
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

regardless I am buyin the collectors edition for the 12 inch figure....
    The only thing I did not like from what I watched of this game was the combat, you know the type where the ircle of 5 enemies takes turns attacking you....yeah I hope all combat isnt like that and hopefuly it was just that one E3 demo fight.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lothars View Post

Then I guess I would ask you why you felt compelled to pre-order something you haven't even seen or really read much about other than what the "negative" reviewers are saying about it. Given what happened with Lair, I'm not buying anything in this generation until I read some reviews and get some impressions from people who have played the final version. $65-$75 (with tax for either the standard or limited edition) is a lot of money to spend on something that has not even been made available for final review yet. Ubisoft in particular has a track record of shipping mediocre games in pursuit of profits, so until I see a polished product that gets good reviews, I'm not going to anticipate anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally forgot about this game. I think it got way too much media attention early n development because there wasn't much else on the horizon at the time, and now people are expecting it to be GotY or something.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Won't quite live up to the hype, but will still be pretty good.

Once the initial excitement dies down, though, it won't move as many units.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3 View Post
    The only thing I did not like from what I watched of this game was the combat, you know the type where the ircle of 5 enemies takes turns attacking you....yeah I hope all combat isnt like that and hopefuly it was just that one E3 demo fight.
    The US one isn't getting the 12" figure, just hope you know that. We're getting a much smaller one 3" and the normal LE randomness. Europe is the only group getting the 12".
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to go with ubisofts track record which seems to be fine when it comes to well running software. Can it live up to the hype? only the people will decide. I am just happy to see an original game!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by gepeto; 10-26-2007 at 09:46 AM.
    neo geo system

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Hates_You View Post
    but I think that if there are acutal unforseen bugs that consumers find to be troublesome, and Ubisoft can prove that they can fix them via free patches ... that it might be a step in a good direction for the industry to see.
    I don't think less bug testing for an earlier Holiday release and patches released after the fact can ever be considered a "good thing". We've all seen this sloppy senario before with PC gaming, and in my opinion, I think it's one of the things seriously wrong with PC gaming (right behind a lack of universal system requirements). Now I'm not judging Assassin's creed yet, may as well wait for release to start bitching. :P Just saying.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I am interested in the game, but a lot of times this type of game will come out to the market all hyped up. Then I go and pay the full price and its pretty much the same thing I've been seeing for years as far as gameplay goes. I want to check this game out myself but I do have to say that I am skeptical as well. Once its out, I will read reviews for it first before buying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Here's my two cents on it:

Ubisoft knows that it will never live up to they hype that it currently has so why not release it before Christmas. When looking at some of the complaints, level design and play issues, these aren't the kinds of things that can be fixed in a couple of months. My thought is since they aren't going to put the time and effort into fixing the problems why not push it out while you can make a mint for Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

While it looked awesome when first shown many moons ago, AC doesn't really have me lusting for it now. I'll wait to see how it gets reviewed, but will probably wait for it to have a price drop before I buy. I also feel that it's going to bust, like Beyond Good and Evil. Just something about the game gives me that impression.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3 View Post

ditto, this game looks good, and will be a nice break from all the great FPS's comming early next month!!
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm sure if there were an unlockable character based on Jade Raymond, it would sell in droves. Double that if she's bikini clad.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    I'm sure if there were an unlockable character based on Jade Raymond, it would sell in droves. Double that if she's bikini clad.

Seconded.

Anyway, I have it pre-ordered and I think the game will be solid and at least it's something a little different considering the glut of FPS of late and I'm a sucker for free-form gameplay. So as long as they got that aspect right, I can pretty much deal with any combat related issues, or minor bugs that will get patched as UBI is usually pretty good with supporting their titles after release.