Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else think Assassin's Creed is going to be a huge dud?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I don't know about it being a huge dud, but I was beginning to wonder why I was the only person who really doesn't care about this game, one way or another...

Nothing I've seen about this game has really impressed me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I'd like to know what was up with that leaked comic.

What does a thief in a corporation have to do with an assassin from the past?
    Spoilers (?)...
    The "Assassin" is a genetically enhanced killer who goes back in time. This was revealed a month or so ago by accident with an interview with one of the voice actors.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Spoilers (?)...
    The "Assassin" is a genetically enhanced killer who goes back in time. This was revealed a month or so ago by accident with an interview with one of the voice actors.
    ... WTF?

WTF?!

THAT IS FUCKING LAME! I was hoping the game would be as authentic as possible - no super soldiers, no technology, no nothing. Just the story of a middle-ages assassin.

Fuck that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... WTF?

WTF?!

THAT IS FUCKING LAME! I was hoping the game would be as authentic as possible - no super soldiers, no technology, no nothing. Just the story of a middle-ages assassin.

Fuck that.
    I just read it in the new issue of EGM (i.e. "grain of salt") yesterday. Definitely weird. The revelation came from when the interviewer asked what was the explanation behind the chemical compound/DNA effects you see on screen whenever the Assassin gets near a potential target. Bizarre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

It's Ubisoft Montreal, I'm not worried. Overhyped maybe, but it won't be a dud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    I don't know about it being a huge dud, but I was beginning to wonder why I was the only person who really doesn't care about this game, one way or another...

Nothing I've seen about this game has really impressed me.
    Trust me, you're not the only one.

<<<<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Highly doubt it will be a dud, looked a little glitchy in places from the stuff I've seen but nothing that will kill the game.

And the plot is odd but actually pretty cool in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by Nesmaster View Post
    It's Ubisoft Montreal, I'm not worried. Overhyped maybe, but it won't be a dud.
    Because everyone knows Canadians can't make bad games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    Because everyone knows Canadians can't make bad games.
    Huh, I just merely meant that they have a good track record for developing quality games. Sheesh.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesmaster View Post
    Huh, I just merely meant that they have a good track record for developing quality games. Sheesh.
    Yeah, Ubisoft Montreal is normally considered one of the best developers out there, period. No question about that, but I think any developer is capable of rushing a game before it's time. Look at GTA 4. That game could have easily been forced out in late October, and millions of people would have bought it regardless. Rockstar North is one of the best developers on the planet, and they "almost" rushed one out. Good thing they delayed it.

I just get the feeling that Ubisoft Montreal should have done the same thing with this game. Again, I'm hoping that I'm completely wrong about this, cause I love the 3rd person action adventure genre, but I must say I have my doubts. I'm also hoping against hope that the combat isn't all going to be a "Fight this guy cause he's highlighted, now fight this guy cause he's highlighted, now fight that guy cause he's highlighted. Fuck that. If they do that, they can kiss my ass. Like in real battle when you're fighting 7 guys, 6 of them are going to stand around and watch, and they are all going to take turns, and you only get to fight the one that looks like they have some Matrix like computer highlighting around them. I pray that what I saw at the e3 demo was a very, very, small and insignificant part of the combat. If the whole combat is based on that, then this will clearly be a dud in my book, no matter how good the rest of the game is. Once you have a broken (or maybe not broken, just dumb) combat play mechanic, then the rest of the game can't really save it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    Rockstar North is one of the best developers on the planet, and they "almost" rushed one out. Good thing they delayed it.

I just get the feeling that Ubisoft Montreal should have done the same thing with this game.
    Well they keep hyping the fact that this game has been in development for 4 years. You would think after 4 years you would be able to iron out just about every bug and glitch. However the videos from this past September didn't look like it.

I have such high hopes for this game. The futuristic aspect is dissapointing, but hopefully the bullshit is kept to a minimum.

I don't want to sound alarmist, but...if this game fails (or even does mediocre) at retail you can kiss the epic "big budget" 3rd party games goodbye. Publishers/developers just want to make money and if they can pump out 10 shitty Wii titles in the time it takes to create 1 Assassin's Creed...which way do you think they're going to go?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Stone_Protector_101's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i know the game will be great. my thing is will it be a challenge or some game my girls could beat. i just want hard games man something thats keep me thinking how the hell do i get past this. but to make it short i dont see a dud.
    Death From A Distance...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post

I don't want to sound alarmist, but...if this game fails (or even does mediocre) at retail you can kiss the epic "big budget" 3rd party games goodbye. Publishers/developers just want to make money and if they can pump out 10 shitty Wii titles in the time it takes to create 1 Assassin's Creed...which way do you think they're going to go?

The problem with this theory, is that 3rd party games aren't cracking the top 10, or even top 20 in sales when it comes to the Nintendo Wii. Only Nintendo published games are cracking the top 10 and top 20. Sure, there will be an occasional exception, but 3rd parties are definitely doing much better salescharts wise on the 360. So if they pump out 10 shitty Wii titles in that same time frame, and they don't sell worth a damn, then that isn't going to help them either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The reason I feel the same way is just the reception that this game has been getting from people who actually got the chance to play the game say it was not coming along all that great. Hey in the end maybe it was a positive if the game does turn out to be a stinker that it was not realeased only on the PS3.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rockstar North is one of the best developers on the planet, and they "almost" rushed one out. Good thing they delayed it.
    *cough*Manhunt*cough*

When I used to work at the Gamestation in Edinburgh I'd always take the piss out of anyone who worked for Rockstar North. But hey, their games are full of totally random Scottish references that most people don't get, so I'm in favour of that.

I thought GTA IV was delayed because the PS3 is a bitch to program for and the 360 version's pretty much done?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Supposedly, Assassin's Creed went gold, and it will be released November 13th. For some reason, I have a feeling that this game should have been delayed till March. I don't know why, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the game is going to have alot of bugs, alot of issues, framerate problems, tearing, etc, etc. I think the game could be an awesome game, but I just have the feeling that it's being rushed out for holdiay release, and that it really isn't ready for prime time.

Hopefully I'm totally wrong, and this game is the cat's meow. I guess we will know in a few weeks.
    I won't think anything about Assassin's Creed until I see the game. I've read nothing about it so far, nor do I want to. I like UbiSoft so I'll give it a chance, as they've earned that from me.

Speculating that *you* think it should be delayed until March is just ludicrous. You haven't seen the game, you have no idea what's missing that you would find annoying, and even if you had, you have no clue how long it takes to get something like that fixed.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    itsmeFAMOUS

Talking

im hyped about this game, but i get excited about all games...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i get what youre saying and i think i agree. the game has always felt a little 'clunky' to me, and this close to release we havent heard a single previewer praise it to high heavens.

no 12" figure makes me sad
    futuristic augmentation in a crusader setting makes me sad
    but all of that is silly if the game plays great, i too just dont think it will, it doesnt look it. i have it reserved, ill pick it up and wont open it till i hear opinions, if its shite ill return it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    I won't think anything about Assassin's Creed until I see the game. I've read nothing about it so far, nor do I want to. I like UbiSoft so I'll give it a chance, as they've earned that from me.

Speculating that *you* think it should be delayed until March is just ludicrous. You haven't seen the game, you have no idea what's missing that you would find annoying, and even if you had, you have no clue how long it takes to get something like that fixed.

Wow.

Need some help getting down off that high horse buddy? I mean.... calm the fuck down bro. All I was saying with this post, is that for whatever reason, I'm getting some very bad vibes from AC. Now, don't get it twisted. I'm not hating on this game. I really hope it's one of the years best. No question about it. I love action/adventure type games from a 3rd person perspective. Easily one of my favorite modern day genre's. So, if this game turns out to be a killer game, then that will be absolutely outstanding, cause in a sea of first person shooters, I can really use a good action/adventure game. My No.1 most wanted game of the year is Uncharted: Drake's Revenge, another 3rd person Action/Adventure. You might wonder why I don't have bad vibes about Uncharted. I honestly don't know.

I can say that I listen to alot of various podcasts, and some of the podcasts have guys that have actually had hands on time with AC, and they don't exactly come out and say definitively that Creed has major issues, but you can hear it in their voice that they are very unsure about the game. Their first impressions remind me alot of Lair, and that's not a good thing at all.

But seriously..... why get your panties in a bunch over it? What has Ubisoft done for you personally? You're acting like your on the development team and my post was a personal insult against you. No need to trip. I could end up totally wrong, and I'm hoping very much that I am totally wrong, so I have another awesome game to play this Holiday.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

All I was saying with this post, is that for whatever reason, I'm getting some very bad vibes from AC.
    Trust me, my panties are perfectly in order. I'm just firmly disagreeing with your opinions, especially when you suggest how long it should be delayed due to your 'bad vibes'.

(Note how I can say that without writing three paragraphs?)
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end