Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by RyoGeo View Post
    Not that I'm all defending GH3, but um . . . Pat Benatar? Hell is for Children, You Better Run, Hit me With Your Best Shot? These are not iconic to you as someone that grew up in the 80's? Which 80's were you in? Have you seen Fast Times at Ridgemont High? There's a whole contingent of girls in the movie that are specifically called out as dressing like Pat Benatar. Maybe your 80's are the late 80's, but the chick sold millions of records.

If you don't like the list, hey, no worries. But Benatar being on the roster certainly makes sense to me.

Um' no, I'm an early AND late 80's child, if your gonna' quote Fast times at Ridgemont then maybe a little Moving in stereo with the Cars would be more proper. And No, Pat Benatar was never considered a "Rock Legend" And if she was going to be included in a GH game then maybe Love is a battlefield would have been a better choice.

Shawn

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I was cruising through the game on hard until I hit the roadblock that was "One" and my only real complaint is that you cannot unlock a non-battle version of "Devil Went Down To Georgia".
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Thokk

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    . . . Moving in stereo with the Cars would be more proper. And No, Pat Benatar was never considered a "Rock Legend" And if she was going to be included in a GH game then maybe Love is a battlefield would have been a better choice.

Shawn
    Moving is Stereo would have been HAWESOME. And yeah, Rock Legend may be a bit over the top. You surprise me with Love is a Battlefield though. Seems awful pop. More so, to me, than the others but hey, that's music.

BTW, there's a dude at the Gamestop I frequent near work that I watched as he battled Lou. Damn, that song is just nuts. It took him a number of tries, but he ended up finishing on Hard. There were a number of 'plinks' to be sure, but he did do it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

I'm also pretty disappointed with the songs in this installment. GH2 was better. And, I've also had the problem with the strumming. I wish I hadn't bought the game now and waited for Rock Band.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody here bought the red and white Target 2- SG guitar PS 2 bundle? I did and I think the whammy bar is too close to the strummer.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    Um' no, I'm an early AND late 80's child, if your gonna' quote Fast times at Ridgemont then maybe a little Moving in stereo with the Cars would be more proper. And No, Pat Benatar was never considered a "Rock Legend" And if she was going to be included in a GH game then maybe Love is a battlefield would have been a better choice.

Shawn
    As an 80's child myself, I think that while Pat Benetar didn't have the longevity into current rock music of say - Joan Jett (her closest contemporary stylistically), the SONG "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" IS a recognizable moment of 1980's guitar rock (IMO, and apparently Neversoft's too) worthy of inclusion.

It was Benetar's biggest hit, and if you chart it's success (#9 on Billboard in 1981) I'm sure it was on the charts as long as and/or sold as many if not more albums than some of the other selections in the game.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does Raining Blood use Postmortem as an intro or does it just go right into the song?

-GoTaS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Quote Originally Posted by Guru of Time and Space View Post
    Does Raining Blood use Postmortem as an intro or does it just go right into the song?

-GoTaS
    It's exactly as it is on the album, with the long held chord at the beginning, plus the high-pitched wails and the DUN-DUN-DUN of the drums before going into the opening riff. It's the original recording off of Reign In Blood.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by Kroogah View Post
    It's exactly as it is on the album, with the long held chord at the beginning, plus the high-pitched wails and the DUN-DUN-DUN of the drums before going into the opening riff. It's the original recording off of Reign In Blood.
    Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool myself, Angel of Death would have also been a goodin' if they had released the original with Tom Araya's "Death scream" Or maybe some Hell Awaits..heh.heh.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kroogah View Post
    Well, I was just asking because the original pressings of the album had the tracks messed up and Raining Blood would start at the very last fast thrash part of Postmortem ("do you wanna die?"). People just grew used to that over time I guess.

But, thanks for letting me know. I've been asking other messageboards and no one would respond.

-GoTaS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the 360 version and picked the PS2 bundle at Target up for a friend. I was a bit puzzled that contrary to what the box said, the PS2 version came with one white/red guitar and one red/black guitar. I also think the PS2 got better unlockables.

Overall, I think the game has gotten easier. I've had more success with the hard tracks than I ever did on GH2, and it seems like you need to be a little less accurate with the timing. I thought maybe I was just getting better, but I went back to GH2, and the same songs still kicked my ass, only worse, because I let my timing get a little lax from all the GH3.

I also picked up the Smashing Pumpkins faceplate, which I thought looked quite awesome despite the fact that the box misspelled the band's name.("pumkins?") Unfortunately, my opinion on this has changed drastically, as the image is wearing more and more and there are big patches in it which developed the day I got it. Hardly worth my fifteen bucks. I'm going to email redoctane and see what they can do for me, but I may just return it to Best Buy. I'm not particularly rough on my video game equipment, and I find it silly that the graphic would just start vanishing like that.

I'm probably going to pick up the wii version in the long run as well as my 360 one, then at least I'll get the robot, who is the coolest unlockable character I've seen, and I'll be able to play online with my friends back home. I also liked in the PS2 one that you could make the characters play the SG controllers. The unlockables in the 360 aren't bad, but I'd much rather have metalhead over the god of rock, or even the grim ripper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    My brother said he slid a pice of paper underneath the strum bar and now the game plays fine. Guess it wasn't a lag issue but something to do with the game detecting 2 strums instead of 1. Problem sounds too wide-spread too be an issue with worn out controllers though so it could be an issue with the game (like in GHII how the whammy bar wouldn't register):

http://www.guitarhero.com/forums/8/f...cs/1647?page=1
    Ugh, It's happening to me too! It caused me to lose a ranked battle of School's out, And i'm a great player, too! (I've beaten freebird on expert)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Well, looks like Lemmy beat the rest of us to the Expert Career crown. I knew he'd be first after he stomped me online (I beat him at Cult Of Personality, then he beat me at Cities On Flame, Raining Blood AND TTFATF)

I hunger for more matchups. Slate, you have been added. We'll see who has class and principals. (and a word that rhymes)

I'll be on all nite Saturday, most likely. We really oughta bring the online matchup forum back.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Looks like Downloadable Content songs have been leaked!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/guita...ked-318234.php

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    HalfCabLeroy

Just have the boss battle against Lou before I beat it on expert.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Is anyone else having a hell of time trying to get an online game? I am on the 360, and when I try and do a quick match, it says joining game... then failed to connect to game. if I search it says the session no longer exists when I select it from the list.

I have played 2 songs online so far. The first I won by getting 100% and the second song the opponent dropped in the middle of the song. He was winning, so I doubt he quit.

My initial impressions of the online part of this game are not very hight at the moment.

HA! My 500th post.
    Last edited by meancode; 11-04-2007 at 02:12 AM.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

I agree with what others here have said about the game getting easier. I am not sure if the window of opportunity to hit a note is any bigger, I can't tell that. But, it is easier to use Star Power. Hammer Ons/Pull Offs are a lot easier, and the note charts on lower difficulties seem a lot easier. In GH II Rocks the 80s, for example, Easy had Blue notes and Medium had Orange notes every once in a while. I don't find any of that here.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I downloaded the demo tonight, and I'm not impressed. The window for notes seems to be much larger now. When the notes are coming fast and close together, it doesn't matter whether I play sloppy or precise, I still hit all of them. Also, they downplayed the actual guitar line. This may be more realistic, but it leads to not being able to hear one's own playing. There were several times tonight when I was playing a string of notes or a rhythm, but the music didn't matter, since I couldn't hear my part over the vocals anyway.

The songlist seems pretty good, but after playing the demo I went back to GH2, and I think it is much better.
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played this for the first time today (on the PS2), and it's a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The track listing is pretty solid (Paint It Black, Black Magic Woman, and Kool Thing are the best)--maybe even the best one on a GH yet. The battles were pretty poopedy, and I had a few other quibbles, but for the most part I was pleased. I'll probably get it for the Wii in the relatively near future.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the 360 version at a friend's house on friday and I really like the selection of tracks, but his guitar is defective and turns on star power as soon as you get it.