Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band Thread (DLC Priced, Cheaper than GHIII)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I can see that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found myself incredibly frustrated with the drums. As someone who can handle most rythym and groove games on the hardest level difficulty (Guitar Hero, DDR, Amplitude/Frequency, etc) I'd figure that I can at least handle the drums on medium, but I still got my ass handed to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there any way to play on Solo Tour with bass? Or can you only do drums, guitar, and mic in Solo Tour?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

my guitar blows chunks, the strum sucks and there is no way to activate star power without pressing back- but then out of nowhere it'll set off.

since ea's warranty exchange program is so good, I ordered a replacement.

my box said oct 8th on it from what i remember, or early october- maybe the earlier ones suck? hopefully the new guitar is better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Is there any way to play on Solo Tour with bass? Or can you only do drums, guitar, and mic in Solo Tour?
    Nope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger View Post
    my guitar blows chunks, the strum sucks and there is no way to activate star power without pressing back- but then out of nowhere it'll set off.

since ea's warranty exchange program is so good, I ordered a replacement.

my box said oct 8th on it from what i remember, or early october- maybe the earlier ones suck? hopefully the new guitar is better.
    My guitar is doing the exact same thing - the strum randomly won't work, and then star power activates on its own. This all started after about 5 hours of use.

And I'm still waiting on my Les Paul guitar replacement because that one was defective too. VERY annoying.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Ghsqb

I've had no issues with my hardware so far (touch wood) but Harmonix/EA/MTV sure aren't making it easy for Canadians to get into Rock Band.

Nevermind we were shut out at launch (Canada doesn't get it until Dec 17th) but even though I drove down to Massena, NY on launch day to buy it, I can't access any DLC content because I'm in Canada!

How brutal is that?

Incidentally, one thing I can't stand so far about the game is the "To gain more fans you must play at a higher difficulty level" BS.
    What a poorly conceived game mechanism.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i don't think the playing at a higher difficulty level to gain more fans is a bad idea at all. my roomate has always played guitar hero on medium and would always refuse to try to learn how to play on hard. this has been for years, and he'd usually get 99 or 100% on every song. now that it depends on our band earning more fans, he's finally started to learn how to play on hard. it's a good idea to get people to step up their game.

Pretzel (Level 4) Dragon Warrior Jasen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine in today, which was acutally 4 days ago but I was on vacation in Belgium.

All I can say is.... SWEET. The box was ginormous, i knew it would be, but wow!

The drums are pretty good. The spring in the kick drum is a bit tight though. Singing (which is not my natural forte) was fun, and the guitar hasnt been used yet! (GH has been played alot in my house so it wasnt that exciting as the rest!)

The game is great. I need to make it through it all and then try and get some DLC!
    Jasen's Customs, Like it on Facebook!

Tutorials on SuperGuns
    http://www.thesupergun.com

Rocking Out a Digital Press since 2007
    My Feedback here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played thru Medium and I'm about half way thru Hard. No problems yet with the strum bar but I almost wish it'd break so I can get the replacement out of the way now while it's still under warranty.

I really like the big buttons on the Strat but they start feeling real clunky while playing Hard/Expert songs. Might have to go back to using the Xplorer when playing the harder stuff.

My only gripe with the game is that it won't save my goddamn lefty preferences, so every time I start up a game, I gotta go into gameplay options and re-select Lefty. Pretty annoying but other than that, I'm having a good time with it.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Ghsqb

Quote Originally Posted by MoreEbolaForYou View Post
    i don't think the playing at a higher difficulty level to gain more fans is a bad idea at all. my roomate has always played guitar hero on medium and would always refuse to try to learn how to play on hard. this has been for years, and he'd usually get 99 or 100% on every song. now that it depends on our band earning more fans, he's finally started to learn how to play on hard. it's a good idea to get people to step up their game.
    I hear what you're saying, and I don't disagree with the idea of challenging people to get better at the game.

I just don't think it's the best idea to have someone that maybe starts out on easy, play 1/4 of the game on easy, 1/4 on medium, 1/4 on hard and 1/4 on expert.

It's enough that the achievements are all weighted to the high level stuff.
    They have to realize that not everyone is able, or WANTS, to play at expert level.

Especially a game you pay close to $200 for, you should be able to play at whatever damn level you want to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I really enjoy playing this game. Whether it be on the mic, drums, or the guitar, I have a fun time. I intend on beating the game on as many different difficulties possible with the instruments. I can definitely do all of the difficulties on the guitar. I dunno if I can get passed medium on the mic and drums, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I broke my out Sunday night and got in a little practice on the drums before my friends came over Monday. We played pretty much all of Monday and a good portion of Tuesday. Needless to say, I like it. A lot. I suck at singing, so that portion of the game is pretty much wasted on me, but the drums more than make up for it. The guitar is fun, though I'm not crazy about the Strat. Also, I don't like the tightened hammer-ons. It seems like I can't rely on them at all, and lots of times notes that SHOULD be hammer-on enabled aren't. I'm not sure whey they changed this so much from the system they had in Guitar Hero 2, since it worked very well. Solos are pretty annoying because of this, which sucks. Either way, though, I love this game and don't regret spending the $180 on it for one second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Yes, that's a huge gripe of mine. It is difficult determining hammer-ons compared to Guitar Hero.

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just beat game on drums(hard difficulty),
    working my way on expert ^^
    higher difficulty levels are climactic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I think I'm in a boat by myself when I say I'm not liking Rock Band. Seems more like a big gimmick deal, LOOK GH has a guitar, BUT WE HAVE DRUMS!!!!!

It feels like a ps1, well looks like one. I know people are going to disagree with me but I can't stand it. The Hammer-ons are hard to figure out and the solo part, were you get point bonus points, is stupid. Its about as pointless as the boss battles in GH III.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by stonic View Post
    Just came across this article on one musician's experience playing it:

http://www.slate.com/id/2177432/
    Awesome, awesome article. Thanks for sharing that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've finally started to build up my coordination enough to play more songs on Hard. I can do at least a dozen at over 90% now, but some of them (any Metallica, for example) are hard enough on Medium. I can even play one song (Say It Ain't So) on Expert, but I don't think I could do any others yet.

Lately I've been trying out playing guitar and singing at the same time. Except for the problem of finding a place to put the microphone (I don't have a mic stand), I'm able to do at least a few songs on Hard/Hard. My main problem is trying to keep my eye on the guitar parts, which is hard if I don't know all the lyrics and I need to keep looking up at them.

My instruments have held up well so far. I'm not actually using the Strat since I don't like the feel of the buttons or the strum bar, but the drums and mic work great and haven't had any problems. I just use the wired Guitar Hero II guitar in place of the Rock Band one and that works fine too.

Overall, I'm glad I picked it up, and I've spent a lot of time playing it (especially when people are over and my band has more than 2 members )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Hey they finally, after 8 days, have an offical statement:

PS3 Guitar Compatibility:

Some of you have contacted us about the PS3 edition of Rock Band--from issues with guitar compatibility to frustration that stand-alone guitars and drums for Rock Band have not yet hit stores. Please know that these issues have our full attention. We are listening and we read everything that is posted on our forums. We are committed to providing the best play experience possible and working hard to ensure that we solve these problems as soon as possible. We promise to keep you updated and, in the meantime, we thank you for your patience.

Rock Band Guitars:

As sometimes happens when new products first go into manufacturing, we discovered an imperfection with the strum bar in an early production run of guitars that were shipped at launch. We want to inform you that we have since identified and fixed the issue in all subsequent production runs of the guitars. If you are experiencing a problem with your guitar or any of your other Rock Band instruments, simply visit the customer support website and we will send a replacement immediately. Harmonix is dedicated to creating 100% customer satisfaction and to those of you who've encountered any hardware issues, we are sorry for the hassle.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to disable the star power breakdowns when playing drums? I hate those areas, they always take me right out of the song and more often than not break my streak.