Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to buy games in Missouri?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Places to buy games in Missouri?

Where are some good places to buy classic video games (Saturn/PS1 are earlier) in the St. Louis/St. Charles/Wentzville area or the Columbia area? I already know of Game-X-Change (O'Fallon), Goodwill (O'Fallon), Slackers (O'Fallon, Chesterfield, St. Peters), and Game Trader (St. Peters).

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

Heh heh. I'd been tempted to make this topic myself, but I figured I'd be flamed to a cinder.

How far afield are you willing to go? The Houston Flea Market (in Texas county) had a large selection of NES and Atari games the last time I was there, but that was back in July.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm...I'm only willing to go 30-45 milies away. Where is Texas county at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

There's the Center for the Blind in Springfield, Game Xchange and Vintage Stock in Joplin, Eccentrics in Joplin, a few more Vintage Stocks in Springfield as well.

Yeah.. where's this flea market again? </fires up GPS>

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Being in the stl myself, I'll have to plug the Trade-n-games store. It's in Fenton, but they've got anything and everything. www.tradengames.com for more info. I'm sure he'll add more info here too. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    It's almost like a soap opera where you think that everyone cares about how Kevin's adventures on eBayland goes from day to day.

There's a place for semi-regular posts like your's Kevin, it's called a diary or a blog.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nukie View Post
    Being in the stl myself, I'll have to plug the Trade-n-games store. It's in Fenton, but they've got anything and everything. www.tradengames.com for more info. I'm sure he'll add more info here too. :P
    I second tradengames, great store, great prices.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. Trade-N-Games has alot better prices than most video game stores around here. I'll have to check them out sometime.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was also gonna mention Trade N Games....Slackers has like 8-10 stores around the area. There's a few other game x changes too still I think. There was a place called Dragon Force in south county too. Other than that I think you already named the best stores.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

Texas county is two counties south of Rolla on 63, and Houston (the county seat--and lemme tell you that Texas county is nearly as deserted as my own Gasconade) is another forty-five minutes south of Licking, depending on traffic. The market itself is located outside the city limits on the north side of town, but I can't for the life of me remember their hours.

From my understanding, the flea market changes vendors frequently, so there's no telling what may have turned up now. I managed to find a black cart Captain Comic and a copy of Challenge of the Dragon for $4 each there, and I'm glad that my constant exploration of all the out-of-the-way small towns (even those two or three hours away) bears fruit every now and again. If you ever need advice on more-or-less central MO, I can probably help.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

During the spring and summer, the peavely (sp?) flea market isn't too bad. The outside vendors usually have some decent stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    It's almost like a soap opera where you think that everyone cares about how Kevin's adventures on eBayland goes from day to day.

There's a place for semi-regular posts like your's Kevin, it's called a diary or a blog.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Geekzstrikeback's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know Vintage Stock has been opening stores in Kansas City and it's just a matter of time before they start opening stores in St. Louis. Vintage Stock used to be an amazing place to buy old games but now it feels more and more like it's run by a corporation. It's still a good place to buy old games but be ready to pry open you wallet and dig in.

Insert Coin (Level 0) DaddyMulk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bumped because I'm planning a trip to St. Louis in a couple of weeks, and because I know how quickly game stores tend to go under. I'm mainly looking to fill out my Genesis collection, but any store that carries a good amount of 16-bit stuff and older would be great.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Trade-N-Games in Fenton, and The Game Trader in St. Charles are both great places.

Slacker's is okay too, run by a chain but stores tend to vary on what they have and prices. The one in Columbia is the best, followed by the one in St. Charles.

But seriously, Trade-N-Games and The Game Trader. You will not be disappointed.

Cherry (Level 1) HurricaneAndrew's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the bump, man. This topic is very handy.
    I collect for: Odyssey2, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, ColecoVision, NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, Dreamcast, PSX, and TI-99/4A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Since this topic is talking about southern MO also I will point out that all the Game XChange stores are closed in Springfield and Branson. There seems to be flea markets popping up everywhere around here though.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Definately Game Trader. A lot of loose and CIB Genesis games at good prices. I usually comment about the awefull smoke smell that is horrible on my allergies...but when I went this past weekend it wasn't too bad at all.

Slackers also carries quite a few Genesis games as well but their prices will be a bit higher and it's a "take a box up to the counter and get a game in random condition in it's place" type of store. They are all over the area though and it's definatly worth a visit.

I've still been meaning to get to Trade-N-Games but I rarely go that far south.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys! It sounds like Trade-N-Games and The Game Trader are the ones to hit. Any comments on any of the following? (did a Yellow Pages search online based on where I'm staying, though, based on the Columbus store listings, I doubt some of these are even still around)

GameSwap (Varrelmann Ave.)
    Game X Change of St. Louis (S. Lindbergh; mentioned above, I believe)
    Play N Trade (Telegraph Rd.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Where are you going to be exactly? Those 2 stores are pretty far from one another.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree Game Trader and Trade n Games are two great places. There are also a ton of thrift stores/goodwills in St. Louis where I have had luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm actually going to be staying pretty close to the airport. I've been told that neither Game Trader nor Trade 'N Games are very close to where I'm going to be, but I'm still hoping to check them out if I have the time.

Hmm, based on Expedia, it looks like The Game Trader is within 10 miles of where I'm staying. Excellent!
    Last edited by DaddyMulk; 04-14-2010 at 08:51 PM.