Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I skipped to your first Super Famicom section and thought you owned all of those o.O
    Was going to make you some serious offers, heh.

I'm going for SFC myself, but all your CIB SFC games I already own, sorry.
    I'll let you know if I see your items during my searches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, this is a surprise! As you already know, you are the author of SNES/SFC emulator bsnes and the translator of Bahamut Lagoon, in which your username is the protagonist's name! I actually very occasionally browse your boards (lurk, not registered).

How are ya? And how's your SNES USA complete game collection sale (last time I checked it hadn't sold yet).

You're starting the Japanese set already?

Quote Originally Posted by byuu View Post
    Man, I skipped to your first Super Famicom section and thought you owned all of those o.O
    I wish, man. But yeah, that was my wish list section.

I'm going for SFC myself, but all your CIB SFC games I already own, sorry.
    That's cool.

I'll let you know if I see your items during my searches.
    Cool! But don't worry about those arcade games - as much as I'm genuinely interested in owning and playing them, they're hard to obtain logistically speaking (hence an impossible want) so for now, they're mainly just there for lulz.
    Last edited by layzee; 01-12-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

> you are the author of SNES/SFC emulator bsnes

I am?! o.O Awesome! :D
    Too bad I couldn't have written one of the more successful emulators, heheh.

> How are ya? And how's your SNES USA complete game collection sale (last time I checked it hadn't sold yet).

It hasn't sold yet. People keep offering $20000 and then not actually paying :/
    Really need the money, too ...

> You're starting the Japanese set already?

I have indeed! I went after the hibaihin (not for sale) games first. Have all but two of them now.

This is my pride at the moment, full gold SFC cart set: http://i.imgur.com/aR14x.jpg

That Kunio set me back almost $1800 alone ;_; But it's absolutely mint. I like to start off with the more expensive and rare, and then work my way backward.

There's a couple of games I absolutely cannot find anywhere that I would love to have. Just gotta keep watching ... and hoping ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have indeed! I went after the hibaihin (not for sale) games first. Have all but two of them now.

This is my pride at the moment, full gold SFC cart set: http://i.imgur.com/aR14x.jpg

That Kunio set me back almost $1800 alone ;_; But it's absolutely mint. I like to start off with the more expensive and rare, and then work my way backward.

There's a couple of games I absolutely cannot find anywhere that I would love to have. Just gotta keep watching ... and hoping ...
    Nice. Will you also be aiming for the known revision ROMs for the same game or are you satisfied with one of each game? Understandably, the former will be headache-inducing. Though I'm sure you'll uncover some new v1.1 (i.e. xA), v1.2 (i.e. xB), etc... ROMs along the way which will eventually find its way to No-Intro (the info at least, not necessarily the ROM itself). I myself got the revisions for my favourite games simply by chance (for example, the three or was it four Legend of Zelda ROMs, the two Romancing SaGa/RS3/Breath of Fire/Final Fantasy IV ROMs, etc).

In any case, as you can see in my thread, I'm a Japanese stuff collector so I'll be keeping an eye on your SFC progress.

If I remember correctly and as you might already know, a French guy called Adol in this and other forums (don't think he's active anymore on this forum though), has or had a full Super Famicom game set so it will be an interesting comparison. Hmm, maybe you can buy it off him...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

> Will you also be aiming for the known revision ROMs for the same game or are you satisfied with one of each game?

One of each will make me personally happy. And the rest we can try and pull off via donations.

I received 15 revision carts from FitzRoy for my US set, for instance.

> the three or was it four Legend of Zelda ROMs, the two Romancing SaGa/RS3/Breath of Fire/Final Fantasy IV ROMs, etc

Man, -four- Zelda revisions ... humorously, the SGB2 BIOS says it is revision 16. But yeah, I'm going to call that revision 1.0 anyway :P

And nice with FF4. My FF4 is the usual 1.1, I don't have the heart to buy that one fifty times to find a 1.0 copy.

> Hmm, maybe you can buy it off him...

He wanted $50,000+ which is fantasy land crazy.

For instance, he told me the top ten were worth $10,000 alone. I paid about $4,000 for the top ten games, all in mint shape, Kuruppon Oven was never even opened.

Now it's true that I'll probably never complete my set. Some games are already impossible to find. But a full JP SFC set isn't really worth more than about $25000. The US games have and always will go for -way- more money. Eg Hagane is about $800 for the US, and $100 for Japan. And 90% of the demand for the Japanese one are Americans buying it to save money.

I still haven't heard if he actually sold his set or not. The listing sold, but did the guy in Canada pay, and did he ship the games?

> In any case, as you can see in my thread, I'm a Japanese stuff collector so I'll be keeping an eye on your SFC progress.

If you ever want to sell or trade, please let me know =)

There's some seriously difficult stuff that I am having no end of trouble tracking down.
    Last edited by byuu; 01-15-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, -four- Zelda revisions ... humorously, the SGB2 BIOS says it is revision 16. But yeah, I'm going to call that revision 1.0 anyway :P
    I just checked and there's only three Legend of Zelda: Kamigami no Triforce SFC ROMs (Original and Rev A and B). I just realised that many of the Legend of Zelda games for all consoles have multiple revisions (the ones on Game Boy, the two on N64, etc...). For better or for worse for Zelda collectors I guess...

And nice with FF4. My FF4 is the usual 1.1, I don't have the heart to buy that one fifty times to find a 1.0 copy.
    According to Yakushi-Kabuto (No-Intro guy or former No-Intro guy) who is registered on your forum and who is only one of three people I know (including me and one other guy on this forum) that owns the FFIV v1.0 cart, it's more of a 1 in 100/150 chance. o_O I'm not sure if he bought that many copies but he must have got that statistic from a reliable source...

In any case, I'm glad he was the first to find out about its existence (he supplied the ROM and info in 2007 I think, and I got mine in 2011), otherwise I would have easily sold my one (I don't like keeping doubles). And of course, I'm glad I got it completely by accident without effort.

He wanted $50,000+ which is fantasy land crazy.
    I don't know whether it's justified or not but it may also depend on how the buyer values their time and effort in acquiring the complete set. Maybe the $50,000 includes the value of Adol's time, however he calculates it. For a millionaire who follows the time is money principle, then it may be better for him to simply buy it outright. For anyone who is not a millionaire, it's up to the individual I guess. Another possible factor is that it has been said that Adol buys multiple copies of the same game and keeps the one in the best condition, though I don't know if that applies to the Super Famicom set or not.

Whatever the case, let the market decide.

I still haven't heard if he actually sold his set or not. The listing sold, but did the guy in Canada pay, and did he ship the games?
    Are you referring to the $1 million dollar one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIGGEST-COLL...-/300736846867

Whether that's Adol or not (pretty sure it is), neither buyer nor seller feedback was left so who knows if the transaction actually went through.

If you ever want to sell or trade, please let me know =)

There's some seriously difficult stuff that I am having no end of trouble tracking down.
    Just to clarify and to avoid disappointment, I'm a Japanese stuff collector but not a hardcore collector (i.e. I only buy stuff I'm actually interested in and not necessarily the OMG RARE! stuff) so I doubt I would have anything to offer you, so feel free to unsubscribe from my thread. Having said that, hardcore is in the eye of the beholder.

Rather, I'm mainly watching your progress in case you uncover any new revisions for my favourite games (like the relatively recent JPN Breath of Fire v1.1/Rev A ROM that was released last year or 2011). I'm hardcore enough to buy revisions I suppose. If I remember correctly, you found new revisions in your previous USA SNES ROM set which should be in No-Intro.

Anyway, have fun and good luck.
    Last edited by layzee; 01-16-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received