Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a complete US Turbo Grafx/ Duo list?

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    FWIW, I'm far from "rich". I was simply "a TurboGrafx guy" back in the day and picked up everything I could back then. Like the original poster, there seems to be so many gamers who want to get into this system NOW. It's tough going, I'm sure. Feel free to e-mail or call if there are specific titles you're looking for and I'll be happy to hold those for you as they come in. Just keep in mind that it may take some time and patience, but I "get it"... and will do what I can to assist an avid TG-16 person.

I have a boxed Magical Chase in my store now. Most people just gloss over it.
    Gloss as in look it over and like "meh?" Or gloss over it and drool?

Thanks for the offer, but I live nowhere near the store. I do want to visit there one day. NEC's little console was my first and favorite, but like some of my collector friends, we were too young to afford some of that stuff.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    Gloss as in look it over and like "meh?" Or gloss over it and drool?
    Mostly the former, very very little of the latter. I've learned that the "locals" really just want the popular stuff. Games like Magical Chase and systems like the TurboGrafx simply elude them. I'm not saying ALL of the locals, but more than 95% of 'em. I usually keep this stuff around until NAVA meetings where collectors who are in the know can get a gander!

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    FWIW, I'm far from "rich". I was simply "a TurboGrafx guy" back in the day and picked up everything I could back then. Like the original poster, there seems to be so many gamers who want to get into this system NOW. It's tough going, I'm sure. Feel free to e-mail or call if there are specific titles you're looking for and I'll be happy to hold those for you as they come in. Just keep in mind that it may take some time and patience, but I "get it"... and will do what I can to assist an avid TG-16 person.

I have a boxed Magical Chase in my store now. Most people just gloss over it.
    Complete?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Complete?
    Yes I assure Joe's games are complete -- He just post a picture with all his hu cards.

I have been trying my self to get a complete USA set for 15 years now!

I have "completed" the USA CD set (44 games) for both TGCD and Duo back in 2004 when I finally got Might an Magic III and Splash Lake. Will post low quality picture on request

It is a big help when having started getting games when they were new at retail -- many games were mark down quickly back in the 90's and I was better to afford them than Genesis or SNES games when I was young. Getting the rest of Hu card is a challenge as game like Bonk III is expensive and game like Neutopia II is tough to track down (I finally play thanks to VC but still want the hucard)

Best of luck in obtaining a complete USA collection! There are not a ton of game and best of all there is only 1 Madden game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LaserActive PCE modules cost a million billion dollars and are pretty hard-to-find... not a good idea. Not to mention the fact that you can't use USA HuCards on them.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by kazuo View Post
    LaserActive PCE modules cost a million billion dollars and are pretty hard-to-find... not a good idea. Not to mention the fact that you can't use USA HuCards on them.
    See I always wondered about that. Since I've got the attention of the Turbo community on here for the moment, I've got another question. I've been wanting to do a 5-player Dungeon Explorer game since the game came out. However, Duo pads are a bit scarce. I've been wondering if those "Aveune Pad 6" I see on ebay are compatible with the DUO.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis View Post
    It is a big help when having started getting games when they were new at retail -- many games were mark down quickly back in the 90's and I was better to afford them than Genesis or SNES games when I was young. Getting the rest of Hu card is a challenge as game like Bonk III is expensive and game like Neutopia II is tough to track down (I finally play thanks to VC but still want the hucard)
    Same here. I can remember going to my local Toys R Us and getting Hucard games that were severly marked down in price. Most were $19.95, and I passed on Magical Chase at this price back in the day. Now I really regret it, but I did get some great games on sale like Bonk's Revenge, and Neutopia II.

Yeah its strange that the TG-16 is so popular now because I still remember getting picked on in high school about it. People were like "Its not a true 16-bit system!" But it is good to see that the system is finally getting some respect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by sidnotcrazy View Post
    Yeah its strange that the TG-16 is so popular now because I still remember getting picked on in high school about it. People were like "Its not a true 16-bit system!" But it is good to see that the system is finally getting some respect.
    I was made fun of for supporting the Turbo Grafx 16 during my youth
    I had SNES and Genesis as well but I enjoyed the Turbo the most and favored their games best. To this day I still enjoy playing the Turbo games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a list of all the turbografx-16 turbochips on my site (leave the mouse over a name to see the game):

http://www.vgden.com/article.htm?list?_hu_us

You'll find here all the japanese HuCards and more:

http://www.vgden.com/article.htm?list

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Quote Originally Posted by kazuo View Post
    You do realize that there's a North American version of the module that plays North American TurboChip games, right?

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro View Post
    You do realize that there's a North American version of the module that plays North American TurboChip games, right?
    You do realize I said PCE, right?
    (And, to answer your question: yes, and they're not that much cheaper than the PCE module)

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun
    See I always wondered about that. Since I've got the attention of the Turbo community on here for the moment, I've got another question. I've been wanting to do a 5-player Dungeon Explorer game since the game came out. However, Duo pads are a bit scarce. I've been wondering if those "Aveune Pad 6" I see on ebay are compatible with the DUO.
    Avenue Pad 6 works fine with the DUO. You can actually mod regular TG16/PCE pads to work with the DUO, just grab a S-Video cable, chop it up and start soldering.