Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Gosh the PS3 is still getting a black eye....
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It will be more interesting to see the November numbers. The 399 ps3 system and new ad campaign will drive numbers up. How close the ps3 can close the gap on the 360 is the question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I just dont see the PS3 gaining ground. The Xbox 360 has one heck up a holiday lineup, alongside the Wii with Mario Galaxy in its corner. I think that the PS3 will sell more in November, but I think that the other systems will sell ALOT more.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I’m surprised to see the PS3 doing so poorly. I knew from the start that a console with that price point would sag in sales but not to this extent. On the flip side, I knew the Wii would do well but not THIS well. The problem with the PS3 is that it’s too advanced (yes, I just said TOO advanced). The fact that it relies heavily on HD coupled with the fact that many if not most gamers do not have a HD set is killing it.

A Blu Ray player is useless without a HD set. I know this is no amazing piece of information but figuring that the PS2 having a DVD player pushed it so well, Sony was banking on this happening again but they forgot to look at the HD set market saturation (which is tiny). They also forgot to notice that a majority of their market is gamers without a ton of $$ to spend. Think of haw many PS2s are scattered about hooked up to secondary older TV’s and in kids rooms. This market is completely null with the PS3 as few homes have HD sets and the majority that do have only one…NOT in the kid’s room/den/basement.

This truly has been an interesting round in gaming…

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Top 10 seems pretty evenly distibuted amongst the players. I'm guessing one of the Guitar Hero III's is for PS3, otherwise every console has 2 games, along with the DS. The PS2 will never die, it seems.

*edit* nevermind, just saw the other guitar hero is without the guitar. I'm abit surprised the PS3 has no showing in the top ten. As has been said previously, I'd expecct that to change next month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you guys know from which site the info was taken? Anyway, the future don't seem so bright for the PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm surprised to see Guitar Hero dominating the charts like that. I know Guitar Hero is popular, but they've been cranking them out really fast.

I'm also surprised that 360 took such a dive compared to the previous month. I know its September sales were only high because of Halo 3, but I thought Halo 3 would have longer coattails. It's at the top of the charts for October but its effect on 360 sales seems to have already disappeared. It seems Microsoft fired their only clip and have no more ammo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policenaut View Post
    Do you guys know from which site the info was taken?
    Here and here and here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    It will be more interesting to see the November numbers. The 399 ps3 system and new ad campaign will drive numbers up. How close the ps3 can close the gap on the 360 is the question.
    Actually, I don't think alot of people will go for the 40GB PS3. Because people that didn't own a PS2 will want backwards compatibility. And I still think most people will think the 80GB model is still way overpriced.

Now about the Wii.... I'm having a hard time believing they are selling so many systems, when there are practically no software titles on the charts. I'm sure Mario Galaxy will be a different story, but now that Nintendo has released all their big guns, what's next? My Wii hardly ever gets touched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    Now about the Wii.... I'm having a hard time believing they are selling so many systems, when there are practically no software titles on the charts.
    I think Wii Sports (and maybe Wii Play) sells a lot of Wiis. Beyond that, I imagine that Wii owners aren't all gravitating to the same games or something. There's a lot of niche games.

I'm sure Mario Galaxy will be a different story, but now that Nintendo has released all their big guns, what's next?
    Mario Galaxy will easily carry into December (along with, perhaps, to a lesser extent, RE Umbrella Chronicles and Mario & Sonic Olympics). Early next year, Smash Bros. and Wii Fit will be huge. Personally, I don't give a damn about either, but I think they will both be really popular. Wii Fit could be for the Wii what Brain Age was for the DS.

My Wii hardly ever gets touched.
    Mine gets lots of use... maybe you need to acquire more games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    I think Wii Sports (and maybe Wii Play) sells a lot of Wiis. Beyond that, I imagine that Wii owners aren't all gravitating to the same games or something. There's a lot of niche games.

Mario Galaxy will easily carry into December (along with, perhaps, to a lesser extent, RE Umbrella Chronicles and Mario & Sonic Olympics). Early next year, Smash Bros. and Wii Fit will be huge. Personally, I don't give a damn about either, but I think they will both be really popular. Wii Fit could be for the Wii what Brain Age was for the DS.

Mine gets lots of use... maybe you need to acquire more games.

Funny because I have seen quite a few threads with people saying they are not playing their Wii as much. And these are DP members who I would think being collectors whould have more games than the average user.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

I'm using my Wii to watch anime online via the Internet Channel more than I use it to play games. My family and I use the Everybody Votes channel, just because it's fun and my kids keep making and revising their collection of Miis. How much software do we have? Sports. Play. Twighlight Princess. That's it. Of course, there's Wii software out there that we want, but we're just not up to paying the prices for the new software for current gen systems. When the software starts hitting between $15 and $25 we'll probably get more, though we're really not looking very hard. Is it possible that the Wii's pack-in is too good? That it's satisfying and fun enough that more people aren't bothering to get other software because of it?

Thanks for posting the figures, btw.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here and here and here.
    Thanks,Thanks and Thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like my Wii and play it the most out of all my consoles. I share the same opinion that the games are too expensive but gamefly helps out with that. I just don't really get the hate for the software on the Wii at all. With all the 1st party games that have come out recently and 3rd party games like Resident Evil:UC, Zack and Wiki, Table Tennis, and Victorious Boxers, among others, what's not to like?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm also surprised that 360 took such a dive compared to the previous month. I know its September sales were only high because of Halo 3, but I thought Halo 3 would have longer coattails. It's at the top of the charts for October but its effect on 360 sales seems to have already disappeared. It seems Microsoft fired their only clip and have no more ammo.
    Just about everyone who was going to buy Halo 3 did so at launch. It dropped so much because it made the bulk of its sales in the first three days, and I don't think we'll see any game save GTA 4 match those kinds of numbers for the next year or so.

As for MS not having any more ammo, do they really need it? The 360 outsold both the Wii and PS3 COMBINED in software last month. MS has to be pretty happy with those numbers. First party games like Halo 3, PGR 4, and Mass Effect will continue to sell well into the holidays, and the lower priced 360s should sell well if there's a Wii shortage as has been reported. The lower end PS3 should fare well too.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't understand something. The Wii is totally hot shit now right? It looks to me like the Wii has already passed the 'Cube sales or getting near that point. So why isn't it getting games like RE5 or any other 3rd party title that's appearing on both the 360 and PS3? I only have 3 games for my Wii, and they're all made by Nintendo.
    Are 3rd parties just not taking it seriously or what? I mean really why is the best selling console, the one that MORE PEOPLE OWN, not getting the BIG games? It just seems elementary to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    I don't understand something. The Wii is totally hot shit now right? It looks to me like the Wii has already passed the 'Cube sales or getting near that point. So why isn't it getting games like RE5 or any other 3rd party title that's appearing on both the 360 and PS3? I only have 3 games for my Wii, and they're all made by Nintendo.
    Are 3rd parties just not taking it seriously or what? I mean really why is the best selling console, the one that MORE PEOPLE OWN, not getting the BIG games? It just seems elementary to me.
    RE5 started development a really long time ago. You'll see (and we have seen, recently) with the newer announcements that the Wii is getting more. As of June the Wii had more exclusive games in development than the other consoles. I don't think that's changed, and if anything the Wii has widened its lead a little -- but new game announcements in general (like, across the whole industry) have been pretty slow lately. I think we'll be seeing more big game announcements for the Wii (relative to other consoles) in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hep038 View Post
    Funny because I have seen quite a few threads with people saying they are not playing their Wii as much. And these are DP members who I would think being collectors whould have more games than the average user.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I am 35, have been playing video games since 1979, was on Tv Pixxx at the age of 6, own 35+ systems and 1,000's of games and magazines, had my own classic gaming fanzine (Zap!) in the early 90's, have been featured in EGM and Electronic Games, and hold a world record (Monster Lair). With that gaming resume, let me just say that I can't stop playing my Wii, and I've had it since 11-19-06. There are several must-have games out, and even more very good games. The controller IS the future. I personally would never even touch a Sony or Microsoft machine. I don't play games on systems unless they have been making games for 30 years, like Nintendo (and Sega before it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Glad to see Orange box up there. Great compilation of games for that price point.

Honestly... surprised a ps2 game wasnt #1

Honestly...Not suprised a ps3 game isnt on the list.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r