Thread: The Official "My Rock Band Hardware Works Fine" Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine and the drums and mic are fine. The guitar I sold on ebay for $70 plus shipping since I hated the feel of the guitar at the demo's and I like my Guitar Hero guitars better.

I can't complain game, drums, and mic for $100 and loving it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll add in that all of my stuff is working fine. I've played through solo on the guitar on hard and halfway through expert so far. i've also done a ton of multi player, probably 20 hours worth and no problems so far. at first i really couldn't play the guitar very fast compared to a guitar hero guitar, but i've sort of since gotten used to it. i've gotten through the really fast strumming part on creep when you play it on expert only missing a note or two.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was thinking of getting one but I have no bandmates
    neo geo system

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto View Post
    I was thinking of getting one but I have no bandmates
    Well, there's always online ... that's one of the main draws of the game conceptually speaking.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Well, there's always online ... that's one of the main draws of the game conceptually speaking.
    How is the online play? Is there much issue with lag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    How is the online play? Is there much issue with lag?
    I haven't noticed any lag on Rock Band or Guitar Hero ...

... though they seemed to have this type of game engine nailed for online multiplayer lag-free back in the days of Frequency and Amplitude on PS2 on dial-up connections ... so I would hope that's never an issue with current gen setups.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

upon seeing how many people had the same problem I am now having, I decided to register to put in my .02

My down strum stopped working the first day. Little by little it just got worse and worse til it no longer I worked.

I am a technician and am familiar with electronics blah blah blah so I was able to take it apart and see how it functioned and TEMPORARILY repair it but, it started all over the next day.

There are two pieces of metal that come into contact with eachother when the guitar is strummed one way or the other and the problem seems to be the pieces not making contact or making contact at a delayed rate which totally messes up your timing.

I am going to call em up and see if they will repair it or whatever, because this was also the second one I had, I returned the first one to kmart because the disc was scratched initially.

anyone with ideas or curious about repairing it theirselves, I can help ya a little bit probly.

Let me know if anyone gets feedback from ea or whoever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by skullsmasher View Post
    upon seeing how many people had the same problem I am now having, I decided to register to put in my .02

My down strum stopped working the first day. Little by little it just got worse and worse til it no longer I worked.

I am a technician and am familiar with electronics blah blah blah so I was able to take it apart and see how it functioned and TEMPORARILY repair it but, it started all over the next day.

There are two pieces of metal that come into contact with eachother when the guitar is strummed one way or the other and the problem seems to be the pieces not making contact or making contact at a delayed rate which totally messes up your timing.

I am going to call em up and see if they will repair it or whatever, because this was also the second one I had, I returned the first one to kmart because the disc was scratched initially.

anyone with ideas or curious about repairing it theirselves, I can help ya a little bit probly.

Let me know if anyone gets feedback from ea or whoever.
    Thanks for the response ... but you're in the wrong thread! This thread is for functional Rock Band hardware.

J/K ... as long as this thread doesn't turn into a "broken/defective" Rock Band equipment thread (which I really don't want it to) your input is welcome.

When you're ready to get it replaced (it's still under warranty) just go to the Rock Band website and fill out the easy RA questionnaire and return form. I looked it over and they barely ask you anything beyond "does it not work?".