Thread: Stadium Events cib on Ebay

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Stadium Events cib on Ebay

This is not mine and the person selling it is unknown to me. So this is not a cheesy promotion. I just ran across it this morning and figured some members may take some interest in where the final bid ends up.

Stadium Events

Mods, if this is inappropriate, please feel free to nuke this post!
    Last edited by misfits859; 12-01-2007 at 05:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The auction's been pulled.

I wonder how much he had to have been offered to end the listing early... ? Seems like it would have to have been more than the $3000 sealed copy went for, or else the seller's really weird and impatient.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was at $4000+ when I posted it this morning! It wasn't set to expire for about 7 days. I'm shocked it was pulled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That sealed copy was pretty tattered (although sealed), and this copy looks pretty nice, so I bet it would have gone a fair amount higher than the sealed one did. Plus, it's right before Christmas and everything.

Of course, the cart and manual in the sealed one is presumably even pristiner than this one, but still. Also, you have to take into consideration that at the time the sealed one sold, carts were going for $700 +/-, and these days they sometimes hit more than twice that. Too bad it got pulled; I would have loved to see what it went for after a fair, seven-day auction.
    Feedback thread here

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

would have loved to see it too. the sealed one is actually quite a bit nicer in person than the auction pictures presented mind you. It pretty much just has the one dented corner in the front and then the one flaw on the back. Even though it isn't mint I think its pretty unlikely that an unsealed box would be nicer.

The other thing about the 3k price back then is that I was lucky to get it for that. If buyatari had bid, and he was seriously considering it, I would have been outbid at just under 5k. But he was kind enough to lay off since I needed it for my sealed collection. So it could have been 4500-5000 just as easy. A friend of mine who was also interested (I found out much later) also didn't bid just because he knew I needed it and that he'd figured he would be pushing the price up on me (although at his intended bid he would have in fact also outbid me). And this is from someone that had the money; this is not a BS statement.

These days I do think a CIB one would get 5k and possibly quite a bit more as I know two people who would pay some really good money for one.

I wonder if there were any inserts to this game - ie parts beyond cart, book, box.
    Last edited by Bronty-2; 12-03-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, no inserts. He had nice pictures of the entire thing, but nothing beyond the manual, cart and box.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no, I mean, I wonder if my sealed copy has inserts.... i.e. what all originally came with the game beyond the three basic parts. Would love to find out but opening it is not going to happen.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2 View Post
    no, I mean, I wonder if my sealed copy has inserts.... i.e. what all originally came with the game beyond the three basic parts. Would love to find out but opening it is not going to happen.
    Take it on a plane with you and ask them to put it through the x-ray machine at the airport.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually, just use a mail room scale. All you would need to know is how many pages the manual was...and the throw a manual, cart in plastic, and box with styro on the scale first, than set the sealed box on it. Even the slightest difference would mean there's more in the box than just the required stuff.

Nintendo had/has a scale machine back in the SNES days that was so accurate it could tell what was missing inside a box just by the weight difference. I remember reading it in a gaming mag somewhere.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    Actually, just use a mail room scale. All you would need to know is how many pages the manual was...and the throw a manual, cart in plastic, and box with styro on the scale first, than set the sealed box on it. Even the slightest difference would mean there's more in the box than just the required stuff.

Nintendo had/has a scale machine back in the SNES days that was so accurate it could tell what was missing inside a box just by the weight difference. I remember reading it in a gaming mag somewhere.
    hmm maybe I can get erik (the auction winner) to weigh his to compare to mine. Good suggestion, thanks