Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing... SashimiGames.com (AKA My New Online Game Store)

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great store. The prices are pretty fair and I really like how I get to see exactly what I'm getting. I'll definitely be ordering from you in the future.

Okay, I take that back. The prices for the GB and GBC games are ludicrous. 49.99 for a pre-owned Final Fantasy adventure? WTF?
    Last edited by Wolfrider31; 12-07-2007 at 11:40 AM.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrider31 View Post
    The prices for the GB and GBC games are ludicrous. 49.99 for a pre-owned Final Fantasy adventure? WTF?
    I was specifically interested in the GBA games but I can't pay that much. Still, it's hard to find older GBA games that are complete and in good shape. Lots of the ones off e-bay are pirates or in poor shape. I'll buy them loose at Gamestop.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Do you sell tuna? I always wanted a thing called...TUNA SASHIMI

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I looked at the site a few days ago when you first posted it and was immediately turned off by your prices. It seems obvious to me that you used your own collection as stock because the game's aren't priced to sell. It's more like the attitude "I'll part with my Panzer Dragoon Saga if I could get $180 for it..." But then I collect expensive games, so maybe other genres are more affordable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The layout is real nice, colors match well, good selection of games (not a pit of bland sports titles), decent postings and information about the games and best of all: no adverts everywhere. However, as many have already stated, the prices are high; super collector high to be exact. It's understandable if you can back yourself with real quality service and I'm sure people will buy certain games over time. Maybe you should add a feedback section to gain trust of net surfers looking for collector condition games.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where's the madden football...just kidding, anyway nice looking site I'll have to keep it in mind down the road

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I've said everything I'm going to say on my pricing, but I'll leave it with this: what you would pay for a particular item does not make it the market value. Read that again. If I tried to please everybody, everything in my store would be $5, customers would be very happy, and my store would close. Some of the very games mentioned in the last few posts have sold in the recent past at the very prices listed. The games are selling well at the current prices.

I created this thread to talk more about design and functionality and such. I'm guessing that many of those complaining have never run a business, and I guess I have to keep that in mind. I don't see the other B&M store owners in their own threads here at DP getting flak over pricing, but that is probably only since you can't see their prices online. I am cheaper than every B&M retro store I've ever been to, I'll accept that maybe I haven't found the magical bargain retro store out there that is the exception.

I was specifically interested in the GBA games but I can't pay that much. Still, it's hard to find older GBA games that are complete and in good shape. Lots of the ones off e-bay are pirates or in poor shape. I'll buy them loose at Gamestop.
    Well, I think you just said it best. My GBA section is actually doing quite well since it's no fun trying to sort out real games from the bootleg crap on Ebay and good luck finding them in Gamestop since they THREW OUT all of their boxes. Some people like to collect complete games.

Where's the madden football...just kidding, anyway nice looking site I'll have to keep it in mind down the road
    Hah! I was kind of waiting for that joke. I have purposefully left out all the old sports crap and commons so people don't have to wade through them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe you should add a feedback section to gain trust of net surfers looking for collector condition games.
    This is a good idea and one I have thought about, I'll be sending out a short mailer to all of my customers after the holiday season is over to see about getting rated on some of the higher profile retailer rating sites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by secretvampire View Post
    This is a good idea and one I have thought about, I'll be sending out a short mailer to all of my customers after the holiday season is over to see about getting rated on some of the higher profile retailer rating sites.
    You might just want to have a "testimonials" page where you can post positive emails you've gotten from customers.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You might just want to have a "testimonials" page where you can post positive emails you've gotten from customers.
    Yeah, I'll probably do both, but that is a good idea. I already have a few regular customers who should be happy to write something for me, I already correspond with them on a consistant basis anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shit, you have some good prices. I am going to unload a rather large amount of money on your site depending on how my damn paypal dispute turns out (paypal froze a lot of my funds). Your prices are good for the most part, which is rare for stores of your type.
    Last edited by Muscelli; 12-09-2007 at 08:36 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think an alphabetical or genre breakdown under each system would make browsing much easier.
    Now Playing: PSOne - Tactics Orge

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shit, you have some good prices. I am going to unload a rather large amount of money on your site depending on how my damn paypal dispute turns out (paypal froze a lot of my funds). Your prices are good for the most part, which is rare for stores of your type.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. If there is anything in particular you are looking for that goes out of stock in the meantime, let me know via PM or email and I will do my best to help you out.

I think an alphabetical or genre breakdown under each system would make browsing much easier.
    That's a thought. For alphabetical, you mean break down some subcategories by sections, like A-G, H-P, Q-Z, etc? That's not too hard. The genre would be a little more work since the shopping cart doesn't track it as one of the default values, but I could probably add that functionality if I needed to.

I know the browsing isn't ideal, I need to at least tweak the paging interface at the bottom.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

I took a look and overall your prices are decent on the average stuff and just about right on some of the rare stuff. i'm a cheap ass bastard but I can respect the decent pictures and work. for high end stuff i like it especailly since you take credit cards and not paypal like most of the online stores do. You'll most likely be getting an order from me shortly for some tg16 stuff.

I would recomend perhaps adding a bargain bin section of good conditoned common stuff, you can always add a few bucks to a sale if someone happens to want to grab some common stuff (and gets rid of some crap stock as well)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great selection! I'm impressed by the quality of everything from the site to the condition of the product.

Regarding pricing, I think the common stuff is cheap enough for everyone, though some of the higher priced items are for the die-hard or the newb collector.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

I've added this to my bookmarks. I'm gonna have to do some after holiday shopping there.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would recomend perhaps adding a bargain bin section of good conditoned common stuff, you can always add a few bucks to a sale if someone happens to want to grab some common stuff (and gets rid of some crap stock as well)
    That is a good idea, I would keep it segregated from my other nice stock. Probably no pictures and just condition ratings, otherwise it wouldn't be worth my time. It takes a lot of effort to add a particular item for the first time. I'll also have to put this on the to-do list for later as I've still got some 2000+ (and growing) non-common items I need to add first and it's going to take me months.

Great selection! I'm impressed by the quality of everything from the site to the condition of the product.

I've added this to my bookmarks. I'm gonna have to do some after holiday shopping there.
    Thanks, guys. I'll be putting a lot more new stuff up after the holidays are over along with doing more restocking of stuff that sells leading up to Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is there a way to view more than 12 games at a time? just curious, most websites offer you choices to view more at a time..like 12, 50, 100, all. or something...just curious. and personally hate clicking from page to page to page

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Congratulations on launching the store. Many of us dream to, few do. Might I suggest you add a FAQ somewhere on the site? Just so new visitors who come to the site OUTSIDE DP may see "what you're all about."

Set up a mock Q&A where you address various issues on your site.

Q: Nice site! But I feel some prices are high

A: ________

Q: What is the shipping range/policy? Will my games be in boxes or bubble mailers?

A: ______

etc.

It may give new visitors more comfort in dealing with you. BTW, you don't take paypal? Good luck with the store

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is there a way to view more than 12 games at a time? just curious, most websites offer you choices to view more at a time..like 12, 50, 100, all. or something...just curious. and personally hate clicking from page to page to page
    Not out-of-the-box with the shopping cart, but I should be able to add it easily. And yeah, come to think of it, I'm not crazy about always having to navigate all of the pages at 12 a pop either....good call!

Congratulations on launching the store. Many of us dream to, few do. Might I suggest you add a FAQ somewhere on the site? Just so new visitors who come to the site OUTSIDE DP may see "what you're all about."

Set up a mock Q&A where you address various issues on your site.
    Yeah, it's a good idea. A lot of the information you just touched on is on the top of the Terms and Conditions page, but it would probably be helpful to break it out a bit and also make it more prominent.

It may give new visitors more comfort in dealing with you. BTW, you don't take paypal? Good luck with the store
    I have not yet set up PayPal integration. I'm still debating it actually, I have such a love/hate relationship with PP from my Ebay dealings, I kind of like only going the credit card route. Don't have to deal with as many jokers that way, but I might still set it up. I actually do PayPal transactions if somebody specifically mails me about it, I set up a manual transaction outside of the shopping cart.