Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Default new star wars lego on the wii question

i'm thinking of buying my first Wii game (got the stupid thing in july and havn't seen a good game that warrants buying yet)

and I've never played either of the star wars lego games, but they seem interesting enough to warrant the purchase.

I hate the gimmicky controls alot of the wii versions of games have but I don't have a 360 or ps3, and I was just wondering if you can use a classic or gamecube controller to play it ?

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't believe it is compatible with either controllers; Wii Remote only.

And you don't want ANY game that is on the Wii right now? Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Trauma Center: New Blood, and Warioware: Smooth Moves aren't games you're wanting to play?

And, out of all of those I listed, only three games use the motion controls extensively: Warioware, and the two Trauma Centers.

If you haven't tried these games yet, you need to at least give them a try. If you have, and still didn't like them, then I'm sorry

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

to kill most of that list, I don't like doom clones, never finished mario 64 (didn't hate it but meh), wariorware doesn't seem like i'd get the bang for the buck (short game) and resident evil games kinda bore me (played through 3 that was enough) so yeah nothing really specail i've seen, although i'd like to try the fire emblem game, since the star wars has the goofy control I might get that instead.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably going to pick up Puzzle Quest or Geometry Wars Galaxies for Wii today. The Wii version of Lego Star Wars doesn't even have online multi-player even though Wii games are starting to get the online stuff. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions have online, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metroid Prime 3 is a FPS, but that's pretty much all it shares in common with Doom.

And I'm not meaning to be a dick, but why did you bother buying a Wii if none of the games interest you and you don't like the controls?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    And I'm not meaning to be a dick, but why did you bother buying a Wii if none of the games interest you and you don't like the controls?
    Just to play Virtual Console games maybe? I know I spend a lot of time playing Gunstar Heroes and Sin & Punishment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blitzwing256, I had started a thread about the top 25 Wii games. I keep the list up-to-date, so check it out. Maybe you'll see some games you're interested in:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109135

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga is on the list. It received an 8.0 out of 10 overall.

I've also listed the worst games, so you'll know what to stay away from.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 12-05-2007 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    never finished mario 64 (didn't hate it but meh)
    So did I, but I still love Super Mario Galaxy. It's a different beast...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p_b View Post
    So did I, but I still love Super Mario Galaxy. It's a different beast...
    Yeah, same here. Galaxy is fantastic.

You need to at least the rent games I mentioned. You might have a change of heart.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

metroid prime isnt really a doom clone... give it a try !

as for resident evil, number 3 is pretty much one of hte crappier ones, re 4 is great. do you like light gun games? the RE: umbrella chronicles and that sega game (name escapes me) are very fun. also link's crossbow training. i wouldnt recommend lego star wars if you hate gimmicky controls, its all it pretty much is. the game itself is fun and fantastic, and does have that old school feel of sheer joy around it, but you need a pad to enjoy it fully i feel. you can just get the gamecube versions of the other games, since this is just a compilation... use the gc pad for those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the godfather game isn't too bad i mean no gimmicky controls and decent play. its just and old time Gta. plus theres well their are alot you just need to quit being so narrow minded and play COMPLETELY through a few of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

to kill most of that list, I don't like doom clones, never finished mario 64 (didn't hate it but meh), wariorware doesn't seem like i'd get the bang for the buck (short game) and resident evil games kinda bore me (played through 3 that was enough) so yeah nothing really specail i've seen, although i'd like to try the fire emblem game, since the star wars has the goofy control I might get that instead.
    How about Zelda? Guitar Hero 3? And if you hate Zelda, in addition to hating Resident Evil 4, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, well, then quit video games, I dunno what to tell ya.

PS Forget part 3, Resident Evil 4 blows it away. One of the top games ever made. At $30, it's a steal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

I bought the first prime game and forced myself to play it beyond the initial disgust over the control, I finished the first part where you kill the big bug thing then have to escape, it was just a lesson of frustrating controls (learning how the grappling beam worked with a time limit was just fun really) I just don't like fps style gameplay.

played re4 briefly, wasn't terrible but again not my style of gameplay I guess.

zelda didn't grab me , from what i did play of it it was all mini games loosely strung together via riding your horse between them, i'm sorry but making you play a 3d version of stampede 5 minutes after starting the game is NOT a way to draw you into a new game, the only fun part i had with twilight princess was naming my horse bitch ;-)

i'm guessing maybe i'm picky, I don't like quick lilttle mingames, I want an interesting imersive game, last game I loved was suiikoden tactics and ff tactics, i'm hoping that fire emblem is a worthy game

a

and I bought the wii because it was nintendo and nintendo rarely let me down back in the nes-snes days, it let me down with the n64 but the cube had some ok games so I figured it would be worth a purchase down the road (hence why i'm looking for something that isn't a string of minigames loosely called a game)

but anyways my whole post was just asking a simple question that nobody has CONFIRMED an answer to, is there anyone who has actually PLAYED the wii verison and can confirm if you have to flick the controller around to play or if you can play via a normal stykle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Poofta answered that a few posts up:

i wouldnt recommend lego star wars if you hate gimmicky controls, its all it pretty much is. the game itself is fun and fantastic, and does have that old school feel of sheer joy around it, but you need a pad to enjoy it fully i feel. you can just get the gamecube versions of the other games, since this is just a compilation... use the gc pad for those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but anyways my whole post was just asking a simple question that nobody has CONFIRMED an answer to, is there anyone who has actually PLAYED the wii verison and can confirm if you have to flick the controller around to play or if you can play via a normal stykle?
    Like I said in my first post, I don't think that it supports other controllers other than the Wii Remote. I read that on the gamefaqs message board for that game, and someone else was asking. Everyone that replied said that it didn't support other controllers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From IGN.com's review:

"Traveller's Tales got the game's Wii controls right, a feat not all developers - especially of multiplatform licensed games - can claim. You can either use the Wiimote like a traditional controller, pressing the B button to swing your lightsaber, or you can swing the Wii remote to strike.

You don't have to turn it on or off - it's there if you like it, and you can ignore it if you don't. The game also makes refreshingly great use of the Wii remote's speaker to deliver a spot-on lightsaber hum.

Gameplay: overall the game is easy to control and fun to play"

http://wii.ign.com/articles/834/834369p1.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just get the Gamecube Versions if you want to play on a controller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    From IGN.com's review:

"Traveller's Tales got the game's Wii controls right, a feat not all developers - especially of multiplatform licensed games - can claim. You can either use the Wiimote like a traditional controller, pressing the B button to swing your lightsaber, or you can swing the Wii remote to strike.

You don't have to turn it on or off - it's there if you like it, and you can ignore it if you don't. The game also makes refreshingly great use of the Wii remote's speaker to deliver a spot-on lightsaber hum.

Gameplay: overall the game is easy to control and fun to play"

http://wii.ign.com/articles/834/834369p1.html
    ahh excelelnt that was the answer I was looking for, so I can play it with the wiimote but I don't have to swing it around like a monkey on crack awesome, i'll pick it up tomorow

and i'll give that zack and wiki? game a try if we have it at work, it sounds interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Zack and Wiki is a lot of fun. It has that classic point and click adventure feel to it. The graphics, while cartoony, add to the quirky experience in a very good way, in my opinion. But, the graphics don't portray the challenge of the puzzles, as some of them are very tough.