Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst System of All Time

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I'm kind of GLAD it killed the Jaguar and 3DO....you're right about the saturn though.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

10 minutes!? Luxury!

Spend 10 SECONDS on an RCA Studio II and it will not only feel like your head has been stabbed with an ice pick, but also other - more sensitive - areas of your body will feel similarly stabbed. Then cooked and eaten by crazed cannibal women!

It's true, you know.
    Send me your RCA Studio II so I can try it out.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lot of people are naming Virtual Boy the worst system. Well, it just happens to be my favorite Nintendo system. Of all the systems I own, N64 is my least favorite, but by no means am I saying that it is the worst system out there! Just that other systems (like Odyssey 2, VIC-20, 32X, TI-99 or TRS-80 for example) are better. Way better. :P

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Out of the systems I have owned, I never liked:
    The odessey 2 (Maybe I'm just too young for it...or I had the wrong games, but I thought it was horrible crap)

The Nintendo 64 (not only the graphics were terrible for EVERY game, but I haven't played any game that didn't have a better similair game on the playstation. No decent racing games, no decent fighting games, some platform games I REALLY don't care about. It really doesn't appeal to me in any way.)

The SNES (I only had 3 games for it, so I shouldn't really judge it, but I never felt the need to buy more games)

The Game.com (yuck).

The CD-i (Is this thing actually a console? terrible piece of machinery that never should have been invented).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Quote Originally Posted by IntvGene
    Quote Originally Posted by zektor
    Ok, I think one of the worst systems ever is the Intellivision. I don't know what it is, but (to me) everything about the system is just plain cheesy. I really think the only game I semi-enjoyed for it was Astrosmash and the Imagic games. And not being able to unplug the controllers really sucked.

I knew someone would say it. You've REALLY got to give the Intellivision another chance. Try any of these games and I guarantee that you will like it:

Thunder Castle
    AD&D
    Tower of Doom
    Sea Battle
    Diner
    Thin Ice
    Any Sports title

We're talking the WORST system EVER! How on earth could it be the worst? In my opinion, it is one of the BEST. Any system that lasts 12 years can't be the worst. And, as for the unpluggable controllers, they fixed that with the Intellivision II.

As for the system being cheesy.. it was the 80's. Um...woodgrain? Need I say more?

You're joking right? I know, you meant to write "Supervision" instead of Intellivision. Now I get it.
    Also add:

Bump n Jump
    Burgertime
    Utopia

Brian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IntvGene
    Quote Originally Posted by zektor
    Ok, I think one of the worst systems ever is the Intellivision. I don't know what it is, but (to me) everything about the system is just plain cheesy. I really think the only game I semi-enjoyed for it was Astrosmash and the Imagic games. And not being able to unplug the controllers really sucked.

I knew someone would say it. You've REALLY got to give the Intellivision another chance. Try any of these games and I guarantee that you will like it:

Thunder Castle
    AD&D
    Tower of Doom
    Sea Battle
    Diner
    Thin Ice
    Any Sports title

We're talking the WORST system EVER! How on earth could it be the worst? In my opinion, it is one of the BEST. Any system that lasts 12 years can't be the worst. And, as for the unpluggable controllers, they fixed that with the Intellivision II.

As for the system being cheesy.. it was the 80's. Um...woodgrain? Need I say more?

You're joking right? I know, you meant to write "Supervision" instead of Intellivision. Now I get it.

I bought the Intv 1 when it first came out, and I was just unhappy with it....even then. Maybe it's just me. I never upgraded to the second version with the "luxury" of being able to unplug the joysticks Ok, I can't say this is the absolute worst system of all time, but in my eyes it at least hits in the top five....whenever/if ever a top five is agreed upon. Not only have I played the games I owned when I bought the system, but have emulated the others and played just about all of them. I know there are die hard fans out there and the system has respect, but I just don't get it. It still seekms kinda cheesy to me No disrespect to the Intv people out there of course.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm sorry, I simply can not fathom hating the system that gave the world Shark! Shark!. Do you really think that the game.com, Supervision, Fairchild, CD-i, Jaguar, Studio II, Arcadia, Pico, Odyssey 2, etc. etc. etc. are better than the Intellivision? That's just nuts!

And for you people voting for the Genesis and the SNES...come back when you've played more than three systems. Particularly, play the above. Thanks.

My vote still goes to the game.com. I, quite literally, threw mine away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I've played just about every American system out there and I'd have to say the Studio II is the worst in terms of graphics, gameplay, game variety, control, color, etc. It's just plain bad all way around! I can't think of one positive thing to say about it other than I own an extermly rare programming card made for it.

If you want to get more modern I'd say the CD-i blew pretty hard. Sorta like a 3DO without any good games (ok Hotel Mario was good).

Tempest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And for you people voting for the Genesis and the SNES...come back when you've played more than three systems. Particularly, play the above. Thanks.
    I'd rather not. Why would I want to play a bunch of shitty systems? Oh, and as stated before, I own twelve systems, not three. Thanks.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well then, if you're not willing to try, I don't think you have any place voicing your opinions in a "worst system of all time" discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's like saying I can't discuss what I think is the best game of all time if I haven't played every game ever produced.

If money was no concern for me, I'd probably own, or would have at least played, every system in existence by now. However, seeing as how I'm a college student with limited income, I'm stuck with what I have and what I know. And, quite frankly, I'd rather spend what little money I do have on good games, for good systems I already own.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman
    That's like saying I can't discuss what I think is the best game of all time if I haven't played every game ever produced.

If money was no concern for me, I'd probably own, or would have at least played, every system in existence by now. However, seeing as how I'm a college student with limited income, I'm stuck with what I have and what I know. And, quite frankly, I'd rather spend what little money I do have on good games, for good systems I already own.
    Maybe you need to experience bad systems...that´s all

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Commenting only on the systems I've played or owned...

#1 Intellivision - I just hate this system. I despise the Intellivision art work and graphic style. The games seem slow to me, slower than the 2600. There are a couple of good titles like Beauty & The Beast (not based on Disney btw) but most of them I need to turn off the system after a few minutes.

#2 Odyssey 2 - if this thing came out after the 2600 then it blows chunks. If it came before then I have a lot more respect for it.

#3 Aquarius - well this is a computer I suppose, but man does it suck. Another fine Mattel product.

#4 Nintendo 64 - I didn't like its version of Zelda and never bought Mario 64. It's graphics are generally weak first generation 3d acceleration which do not stand up. SNES games and 2600 games (because of their charm) will stand up better for graphics over time. I've only tried about 10 games for this system but I didn't get into any of them. I'm a Nintendo fanboy and this is their only system I dislike.

ARCZero

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rzone

Of all the systems (about 7) i owned. I would say that my least favorite was the R-Zone. Im pretty sure it gave me cancer.
    Happy Gaming,
    The Rubbar Ducklin

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Rzone

Quote Originally Posted by RubbarDucklin
    Of all the systems (about 7) i owned. I would say that my least favorite was the R-Zone. Im pretty sure it gave me cancer.
    Happy Gaming,
    The Rubbar Ducklin
    Cancer???, ooooh shit

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Let me just add that the CD-i bites that special kind of ass.

If you play any Zelda game for the CD-i just remember that nintendo had little to nothing to do with this.

My friend has one with eight games and the most fun title is "Berenstein Bears" which looks like it was graphically produced with Microsoft Paint. By someone with epilepsy. Blegh.
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if it was a rumor or not, but I think I remember hearing that the Virtual Boy was pulled due to it's seizure and headack causing screen. Is that true? Oh, and I would have to say that Gameboy gets my vote. (don't kill me) Sure it had a some good titles, but Nintendo should have gotten off their collective ass and upgraded it sooner. I had to stand that little black and white impossible to see screen for 10 frigin' years!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler
    Tiger R-zone

I cna't tell you how angry i got when i played this system.I mean come on.Who's supposed to see games in daylight when the graphics are red and are plain and dull.That's my 2 cents.
    You have a good point but did you know that there are several R-Zone players? One of them looks like a tabletop and displays a backlit black and white game. Still looks like holy hell but at least you can see what's going on.

I have to vote for the RCA Studio II here. A number of problems with this thing. All controls are via a tiny keypad built into the unit (you can't remove them). The graphics are black and white. The graphics look like ASCII characters. The frame rate is awful - even the "pong" style games chug along like a slide show. It's just... nasty.

Tiger R Zone..Super Screen..
    The one in the center..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalCheese
    I don't know if it was a rumor or not, but I think I remember hearing that the Virtual Boy was pulled due to it's seizure and headack causing screen. Is that true? Oh, and I would have to say that Gameboy gets my vote. (don't kill me) Sure it had a some good titles, but Nintendo should have gotten off their collective ass and upgraded it sooner. I had to stand that little black and white impossible to see screen for 10 frigin' years!
    The VB wasn't pulled (It didn't cause seizures, but people did complain of headaches just because that sort of thing can happen), it just sold like absolute poo. I remember the system price dropping to 29.95 within a year of it's release, and I still couldn't justify buying one. When I started working at Nintendo I asked about the VB, and was told that thousands of the buggers were tossed in the auger, and that the dumpster was full of them heh.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Amstrad GX4000 anyone?
    or Commodore CDTV?
    Hey the CDTV had a few good titles like Pinball Dreams, plus you could play All Amiga games on it.