Thread: 7800 Beef Drop VE information (Credit: Atariage store and Beef drop author Kenfused)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default 7800 Beef Drop VE information (Credit: Atariage store and Beef drop author Kenfused)

I don't know how many of you went to Atariage store today. Atariage started the Holiday sale today along with releasing new games or re releasing homebrew games on the 2600, 7800, and Atari 400/800/XL/XE.

Beef Drop VE was released at the Atariage Store today. Here is the link: http://www.atariage.com/store/index....roducts_id=879 .

This version of Beef Drop does not have the Pockey sound chip and Beef Drop VE costs $10.00 less as a result. Beef Drop VE uses the the internal 7800 TIA audio circuitry. That is basically Atari 2600 audio. Beef Drop VE was produced in much larger quanties due to the fact it does not have the pokey sound. I got this info from the Atariage store.

The orginal version will be available again sometime next year, but it will be a small run. It is due to the pockey sound chip. I got the info about the next original Beef drop shipment from The admin. and Atariage store owner Albert and the Author of all versions of Beef Drop Kefused.

The orginal 7800 verson of Beef Drop is the best version of Burgertime on an Atari System. It has the sound and music of the Arcade game along with the best graphics of Burgertime on an Atari game console at this time.

Both versions have the same gameplay, Difficulty Settings and secret codes. The codes gives you acess to special game play modes Mirror, Vegatarian and more mode.

I hope this info helps.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 12-18-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Ah well, I already own the original. $10 less is a good deal, though. I'm wondering how it sounds with non-Pokey sound effects. I think I might actually prefer the Atari 2600 style audio, just from a geek gamer perspective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Ah well, I already own the original. $10 less is a good deal, though. I'm wondering how it sounds with non-Pokey sound effects. I think I might actually prefer the Atari 2600 style audio, just from a geek gamer perspective.
    Someone played a demo of the non pokey version. The person said it sounded great.