Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Default Someone please convince me to finish Ninja Gaiden Black

I am on chapter 15 of Ninja Gaiden Black and I am just fed up with this game. The incessant ghost fish encounters were just the last straw for me. It took a lot just to not throw the disc across the room I got so frustrated with it. I know I am pretty close to the end, but someone please convince me that it's worth all the aggravation to finish this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Do It Or Ill Kill You!

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do you need any more motivation then that?

Do it or Kamino will come around looking for buttsecks.
    zomg I have a sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After reading the above 2 posts.. really... You need more "encouragement"?

Do it!!! (Best Beerfest German accent).
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Beating the game is like getting a million achievement points at once.

Seriously.... IMO there has never been a game ending as satisfying as finishing Ninja Gaiden, because of the serious difficulty. But you will get your ass handed to you, several (hundred) times, before beating him.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The trick to killing the floaty fish is to use the fully upgraded Vigoorian Flails. Just keep chaining the combos until all the fishies are dead. You'll end up with a several hundred hit combo.

I think you can also use the staff, but i'm not sure. When i played through Black i somehow missed it and was never able to get the damn thing back.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The ghost fish? Is that the underwater part? What difficulty are you playing on? I did normal and it took me a while. If it's the underwater part I used the bow and arrow from a distance. Needless to say it's a pretty awesome game... it also helped that I found a challenge area that I would exit right before I would kill the last little bug, so I could get a lot of the karma and upgraded all my weapons and filled my scrolls. I didn't thinkthe end dude was that bad, the hardest thing is you have to fight a few othr bosses right before him.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    The trick to killing the floaty fish is to use the fully upgraded Vigoorian Flails. Just keep chaining the combos until all the fishies are dead. You'll end up with a several hundred hit combo.

I think you can also use the staff, but i'm not sure. When i played through Black i somehow missed it and was never able to get the damn thing back.
    I am using the upgraded flails against the fish, but I think my problem is that I let the combo run until the end. After the combo ends, Ryu is vulnerable for a second and that's when the fish start biting. Is there a way to cancel out of the combo and start it again?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok... I did a quick refresher... The ghost fish in the labyrinth. Gotcha. This was a huge bitch for me too. I think I accomplished this by running away from a great deal of them... or if I need to kill a lot of them- I would take them a little bit at a time with the fully upgraded flail- or I used the (fully upgraded) moon staff quite a bit, as I was better with that than the flail. When I say "a little bit at a time" I would move slowly and wait until I saw one floating... and just get close enough so I would attract a few- wait until I got a small group disposed of and advance further. If there was a large open area that's when I'd run along the edges and keep moving. That stage took me a while only because I took it a little bit at a time. Anytime there was a door nearby I'd always run for it. Also you'll find that those fish will only follow you so far... so you can always backtrack a little if you get overwhelmed. Hope this was a little bit of a help... it was a few months since I played it- so sorry for being an initial idiot.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used the bolt magic against the fish...most of the time they would refill the ninpo meter so it would balance out.

keep moving and you should be fine.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a question about this game for PS3. I don't own the game for PS3, but used to own it for the Xbox. I can't play the game at regular difficulty, that much I know. How much more "do-able" is the game on the Ninja Dog difficulty.....and can it be accessed right from the get go?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the 1st chapter or two, the game will ask you (after you die a few times in a row) if you "Would Like to Abandon the Ways of the Ninja?" You answer "Yes" and it will lower to the Ninja Dog difficulty. If you wait too many chapters it won't ask you that question any more. If that's your case- just start over. I played it on Hard, so I can't say for sure if it's "do-able." But I was talking about this game with a friend a while back and he says he beat it on Ninja Dog and it was a lot better, but still challenging. And if you're referring to the PS3 version, I'm not sure if it gives you that option- as I only have the XBOX version. I also thought I remember hearing that it's not available on the original Nnja Gaiden for the XBOX- just the Black version. But you may need to do research for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

I actually found that the art of the fire wheel works pretty well against them, the only problem being that it usually doesn't last long enough to go through a whole encounter. I never thought of using the Lunar, I'll have to give that a shot.

After I beat this game (yes, I've been convinced to continue), I am never touching it again lol.

@jdc, I can't say how much easier ninja dog mode is because I'm playing it on normal. To get to it, just die 5 times in the first stage and the game will ask you if you want to play on the easier difficulty. Just be ready to wear the pink ribbon if you do.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woot!!! Pink ribbon!! Cool, I just wanted to be able to pick up a copy and have at least a small chance of playing it through, I don't care how girlie he looks . I'll make up for it by kicking ass in Virtua 5. Yes, Dog difficulty WAS only available on Black until the PS3 version. It's the same thing then, you die a bunch of times and you get the prompt. I thought that I had heard that they eased the dificulties of the PS3 version down a tad.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

And with the thought of Sothy killing me, I have finally finished this damned game. Now it's going back in the box and back on the shelf. Thanks for the, um, support!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by jdc View Post
    Woot!!! Pink ribbon!! Cool, I just wanted to be able to pick up a copy and have at least a small chance of playing it through, I don't care how girlie he looks . I'll make up for it by kicking ass in Virtua 5. Yes, Dog difficulty WAS only available on Black until the PS3 version. It's the same thing then, you die a bunch of times and you get the prompt. I thought that I had heard that they eased the dificulties of the PS3 version down a tad.
    I wouldn't say that have eased the difficulties, but they have balanced some of the enemies. IT is a more enjoyable game now.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor