Thread: What are your 2008 video game predictions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default What are your 2008 video game predictions?

Here are mine:

The video game Tax will pass in Wisconsin.

More crimes will be blamed on videogames by the media and by politicians without knowing all the facts.

EA will buy Take two.
    Nintendo will buy Bungie.

Atari will fold this year.

There will be great homebrew game releases this year.

There will be great virtual game console games coming out in North America this year like Star Tropics, Phantasy Star 4, Harvest Moon, Super Smash Bros., River Ransom City, Lords of Thunder, Shining Force 2 and Books of Y's 1& 2. Sega CD games, and Game boy games will be coming to the vc this year.

There will be great games released on the Wii, PS 3, 360, DS and the PSP.

There will be more dumb statements by games companies this year like Sony did last year with them offering money for each PS 3 in a store not sold.

There will be a big announcements by nintendo at e3. It will be the announcement of an Earthbound game being work for the DS. The 2nd one is a demo channel for North America.

Xbox live will continue to have good game being released.

EA will announce that they will not renew the exclusive Nascar videogame license.

Ea will continue to have their game sales to go down like from Nascar 2009.

There will be a crash bandicoot game in the Ps 3 this year.

There will be a great rpg being this year on the 360.

There will be more management people getting replaced in some game companies.
    There will a pr problem for a game publisher or game developer this year. It will not be caused by criminal activities by teens. It was be caused by bribing a game review site or magazine. It will be cause by that or by a bad advertising campaign for a game.

There will be online game accounts being stolen for rare items or for moving virtual items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to be realistic:

Assholes on Craigslist will continue to sell Nintendo Wiis with "5 SPORTS GAMES OMG"

There will be an onslaught of movie and TV license games released for the Wii and DS that will cheat children out of money and a chance to play quality games

Microsoft will release 3 or 4 additional 360 SKUs

Capcom will not release a sequel to Megaman Legends 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well more stuff that nobody is going to care about is going to be released.

Nintedno is going to keep being Nintendo selling roms on the Wii.

Blah blah violence in videogames again. Somebody is going to make another commercial pleading SONY to stop making violent videogames over there childrens death.

War is on the horrizin thanks to that Pakistan assination ( which we all know is a inside job. This will produce videogames where we have to tell Pakistan citizens from terrorist from the Middle East and -1000 points for hitting a Jude. Maybe a Resident Evil Bionic commando where your in the palace and you have to fight a Genie?? More Dark Skinned Anime babes???

there is going to be a rumor of a New system in the works. Most likely form Mafiasoft.

Nintendo is going to make a add-on that will allow Wii games to be played on the GCN.

Nintendo is going to announce pocket GCN.

Somebody is going to say there is not enough focus on black people in Videogames and then a whole load of stereotype "n the hood"games is going to be produced.

Maybe but less likely a real Kirby DreamLand 4 will be released hopefully on the GCN and will not stray from the main gameplay point.

More cheap xxx adult games in the usa is going to be produced. Like Lesar Suit larry, that strip dancer game on X-box.

Bomberman is going to start using cream bombs and there is going to be
    a music video on it.

Working the videogame will be produced around the re-ground breaking of the
    Twin Towers.

Some fat mother is going to cry wolf after her son peeked on her and then blaming it on videogame.

If not then a confused father is going to look at himself and blame a videogame for his unsurness.

Santanist along with other Religious cults is going to make a boom by openign there own company and producing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

People will finally realize the Wii was totally over hyped, and sales will tank. Especially when hardcore gamers realize how shitty the software selection is.

The PS3 will finally get a killer app.

360 RRoD's will be significantly less with the improved hardware. And I still see them switching the main drives to HD-DVD drives.

HDTV Sales will continue to rocket. (I just bought my second HDTV, myself)

The Blu-ray/HD-DVD format war will linger on. But HD-DVD will gain some traction when they lower prices below $200 before Blu-ray.

Broadband ISP's will hit 100MB/s speeds. Or at least cable and FOiS...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

The sales of the Wii will continue to be stady and consistant with strong sales from Mario Kart Racing and Smash Bros Melee. Nintendo will show that its marketing is superior to all the other companies hands down. I predict that the Wii will start to pull away from the other systems.

The 360 will continue to be haunted by the RROD and other heat related problems. Microsoft will have a steady year, and will be profitable for the first year. More FPS shooter and war games will continue to domintate its library, limiting its appeal. The 360 will be in a sold second place in sales. A revision to the 360 will appear at the end of the year.

The PS3 will continue to struggle with light software support and lack of major exclusives. The PS3 will have yet another price drop to lure customers. The system will continue to have lagging sales in third place. Playstation Home will debut, but with limited appeal.

The PS2 will hang in there comercially all year, and drop to $100 attracting new buyers. The PS2 will continue to outsell the PS3.

The PSP will contine to sell solid, but will be in a distant second place. The DS will continue to be the console seller of the year. Sales worldwide will dominate.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    Here are mine:

The video game Tax will pass in Wisconsin.
    WTF are you smoking?
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There will be more dumb statements by games companies this year like Sony did last year with them offering money for each PS 3 in a store not sold

Think of how much money we could have made off of Jack Tretton after he made that dumb ass statement ealier in the year. I wish I was the one conducting that interview. I would have said: "Let's re-alot the remainder of this interview time to take a trip to any electronics store in ear shot. Also, I hope you have your check book Jack--you're going to need it."
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I accidently press the reply button instead of the edit button.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 01-01-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    WTF are you smoking?
    Nothing!

Wisconsin is a tax happy state that happens to have a history of problems balancing the budget under Jim Doyle. I know that for a fact. Our state government is willing to do anything to get extra tax money out tax payers including raising registration fees.

I hope you didn't forget the reason why Wisconsin increased the cigarette tax to $1.77 a pack. Our State lawmakers claimed the tax increase was having kids not to start smoking and to have smokers quit smoking as a result.

The truth is kids will get the cigarettes from their parents or will be smoking pot or other illegal drugs instead. Good amount smokers still wouldn't quit with the tax being a $1.77 a pack. The tax isn't high enough to encourage a lot of people to quit or cut down on their habit. They will spend less on other things instead.

The lawmakers are doing this for getting more tax dollars from tax payers for balancing the budget for all needs they have in the state budget.

A video game tax will do the same thing as a cigarette tax does. It generates more revenue for something that a state politician thinks is needed the state budget. I don't favor the tax either, but I have a bad feeling that it will pass.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 01-02-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For 2008 My pridictions Are

The Wii While it will still have the lead by the end of the year Sales will Slide a bit, but will have the best first party games this year. The DS will still sell like gangbusters everywhere.

The 360 will not have a Sales Surge this year in the US, but it will have sold the Most Units in 08. Microsoft will also have its Fortunes in Japan turn arround with Lost Odyssey and continuing rumors of MGS4 and a FF13 Spin-off coming to the 360.

The PS3 even though it will be a distant third here it will Hold its own and will do better in Japan. The PSP will continue to grow in momentum with better sales and more good games for that platform.

PC's and Mac's will reach the top of its Performance in Processing and in Graphics and a Continuing drop in Game Sales will continue the PC Decline in a Gaming sense. We still don't care about Mobile Phone(or iPod or Zune) Games.

EA and Activision will both buy another Big Developer/Publisher.

Jeff Gerstmann will show up at another game Publication/Website.

Madden 09 will Show up on 360,PS3,Wii,PS2,DS,PSP,XBOX,GC,PC,MAC,GBA,Mobile Phones and once again on PS1.

There will be a general boycott of GameStop/EB Games and I won't take part in it.

A game will be on an Amiga in 2008.

The UT3 Comunity will explode into a sea of user Content.

The Wii Shortage will end very soon.

2600 and Intelivision games will be released on the Wii VC this Year.

ATARI WILL NOT FOLD THIS YEAR AFTER THE RELEASE OF GREAT RPGS AND XBLA GAMES.

WOW Will still be uber popular.

Finally the SciFi MMO equivilent of WOW will be released, and that game will NOT be Developed by Blizzard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    The lawmakers are doing this for getting more tax dollars from tax payers for balancing the budget for all needs they have in the state budget.

A video game tax will do the same thing as a cigarette tax does. It generates my revenue for something that a state politician thinks is needed the state budget. I don't favor the tax either, but I have a bad feeling that it will pass.
    Yes, but a video game tax would hurt the "average joe". Cigarette smokers on the other hand, have been deemed as almost inhuman by our society and therefore fair game for more punishment (taxes in this case). That being said, smokers represent a very small percentage of Wisconsinites (i.e. less angry voters) versus the large number of people who buy games for themeselves or their kids. The video game tax will never get past the initial stages in the WI assembly. I'm sure of it.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

My only prediction: I will buy Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 once it hits stores.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Insert Coin (Level 0) Jagermeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sosuke Dhampir

MGS4 will be on the 360 and sooner than some rumors are saying......I hope..
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain