TO SEE THE MOST CURRENT POSTS IN THIS THREAD, BACK UP AND CLICK THAT LITTL E BLACK ARROW UNDER THE "LAST POST" COLUMN IN THE LIST OF CLASSIC GAMING FORUM POSTS!

This may be of interest to some, and of NO interest to many others, but I wanted to keep a log on the trade-ins of 2008. We get lots of cool stuff and thinking back I've often wished I'd kept a sort of journal on the very cool, very rare, or very weird stuff that has been taken in at our store. So I'm going to try to document this in some detail for 2008.

I'm a few days late so I'm going to summarize a bit of the first few days right now, but going forward I'll do my best to check in daily. If I don't post it means either I wasn't working that day and didn't get a good report from whoever was running the store, or I forgot, or I've lost interest in doing this altogether, sorry.

Let's start by catching up a bit on the first few days of 2008...

Wednesday, January 2nd:
32X Spider-Man Web of Fire (boxed, complete) - this came in on Wednesday. Raj was working, wasn't sure what it was worth. In this case, it's worth about 100 times more than what Raj paid for it. Nice early win for the store.

SNES Earthbound (loose) - this is the third one we've had traded in in three months, which is highly unusual.

Thursday, January 3rd:
PSOne w/LCD - not too many trade-ins on this day but one stand-out was a very nice practically new PSOne system with the LCD. To top it off, the guy had a PSOne carry case. It may take me awhile to figure out a good way to package this stuff. This was a guy about my age with kids, they've moved on to PS3 and this system had become obsolete in their home.

Friday, January 4th:
GBA 150-in-1 (loose) - I've seen these before but this was the first one traded into the store on Friday. What's cool about it is that 145 of the games are NES or Famicom games and as you scroll through the menu list the game loads in the background so you can see it before selecting it to play. This came from one of the urban teens who was trading in a white DS as well, didn't think I would want the game at all (went into my collection).

TODAY:

We had a huge trade-in today, two college-era guys with five gigantic boxes of stuff. The guy who owned the stuff mentioned that he had a Wii now and could download most of this stuff instead, which seemed more like wishful thinking after looking over the final lot. Most of it was common but good condition stuff, but there were a few interesting items in there. Always nice to get Mario All-Stars, Link to the Past, Super Smash Bros, etc. but most notably...

N64 Worms Armageddon (boxed) - I've never had this traded into the store before. No manual, unfortunately, and I didn't have an orphan manual either (went into my collection).

GBC Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX (boxed, complete) - nice condition.

Atari 2600 King Kong (loose) - It's not super rare but any $20 Atari cartridge is worth mentioning, and I've never had this traded into the store before. Ironically I sold two Atari 2600 system packages today.

ALSO

PS3 40gb system (loose, complete) - first time the 40 gig model was traded in. Wow, it really DOESN'T play PS2 games. Still, better chance I'll sell this used than new at this time. Sold by another of those urban teen types.