Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Today.

3DO System (loose) - As meaningless as it might sound, these systems very rarely get traded in these days. Stock is going up. Same seller who also traded in a library of 3DO games yesterday, nothing spectacular though.

Dreamcast System (x2, both boxed) - One of which has been modded. Just nice to have 'em in the original box. Traded in with a bunch of games, the better of which include:

Dreamcast Shenmue II (complete) - Euro import.
    Dreamcast Headhunter (complete) - Euro import.
    Dreamcast Power Stone 2
    (complete) - A "top three" for this system, demand-wise.
    Doubtless you don't want that 3DO, so I better just take that off your hands

Powerstone 2 kicks total ass. It deserves to be a top 3.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should take a common and price it at $100 just to see if
    A: somebody tries to steal it
    B: somebody tries to buy it

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

that or do a small contest.

Take a game and price it over. Then hide it in the store.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    Other than the English vs. Japanese voice acting, is there any other difference between the DC version and Xbox version of Shenmue II?
    That was the only important difference between the two copies. I'm not certain about the extra content, but the xbox does have the better version as far as graphics go. It also contains some filters that allow you to change the games look on the fly, but are otherwise pointless and a camera that allows you to store your pictures to the hard drive.

If you're wondering if getting the pal version is worth it, without a doubt yes. I own both copies but got the DC version first and quite thankful for it. The english voice acting is far inferior to the japanese and really hurts the experience. If you haven't played either version get the Dreamcast one, if you have already played the xbox version get it on Dreamcast anyway and support you're love for all things shenmue. You know you want to go back and beat it again anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanon View Post
    You should take a common and price it at $100 just to see if
    A: somebody tries to steal it
    B: somebody tries to buy it
    I'm assuming you are referring to the section of Acts of Gord where the overpriced sports n64 games are stolen.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

See my "Fred Sanford" blog post which should pop up on the forum here soon. I didn't want to bog this thread down with today's rant. Instead, the matter at hand.

Wii No More Heroes (complete, about 10 minutes old) - purchased tonight new and then traded in shortly afterward, apparently there was some mix-up in this guy's family finances. I don't ask a lot of questions, I just know that I'll now get to try the game out.

SNES Super Punch-Out!! (loose) - you know, of all the popular SNES games - Chrono Trigger and Earthbound included - THIS is the game I get traded in the least. Perhaps because it's my favorite SNES game of all time. Anyway, it's been about 4 months since I've seen this traded in so I welcome it back, even if it's for a very short time.

Genesis Gunstar Heroes (boxed) - missing the manual. Another popular favorite that's rarely traded in and was quite the diamond in the rough of a rather crappy Genesis pile purchased today. More on this in a moment.

Nintendo DS Lite Lighted Sign - VERY cool, it's about a foot and a half wide, a foot tall. Has a picture of the DS with a hand and stylus, as well as that now familiar logo. It's not a neon sign, it's the kind where the light emanates from within the glass. Looks really nice, now I just gotta find a place to put it. Brought in by a retail game store guy whose store no longer had a spot for it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoxicone View Post
    I'm assuming you are referring to the section of Acts of Gord where the overpriced sports n64 games are stolen.
    Yup. That site was a hiliarious night of reading.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Well now.

Nintendo DS Tetris DS (complete) - I hope that someday this post is looked at with a weird "what the... THAT is a highlight?" look, because this game shouldn't be so hard to find. As of today, it is. Ask anyone here.

PS2 Rez (complete) - US version, good condition. Nice.

NES Contra
    (complete) - this, as well as a few other boxed NES games were not mentioned to me but I noticed them waiting to be priced yesterday, so thought I'd put it out there today before I forget. Contra is in high demand. Boxed ones go in our display case.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just curious - do you sell pirate multicarts?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

WEAK trade-in day (less than $200 spent in total). Kinda weird day too, because we did over $3k in sales (and I still have an hour and a half to go, but things usually slow down big right now). You'd think SOME of those people would be trading in other games, if not Wii games. Really, other than a 360 premium system, this is all there is to report!

PS2 Time Crisis 3 (complete) - in box and in great shape. As in, I don't have to resurface it.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanon View Post
    Just curious - do you sell pirate multicarts?
    Pirate Multicart ... OOOH I'd love to have all of these on ONE CART!

Whoops, just remembered I promised not to hijack this thread ... the pirates made me do it!!
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 03-07-2008 at 06:53 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is that Tengen game as crappy as it's brand implies?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Light trade-in day - better than yesterday but nothing terrific to report. Actually, since it's the first time this has ever happened, here's my highlight:

XBox 360 Lost Odyssey (complete) - fairly recent game, first time traded in. I immediately put this in my "take home" pile because I wanted to try it out. So later I head downstairs to grab a few things, come back up and it's gone. "What happened to Lost Odyssey"? I ask Maryah. Turns out the kid who traded it in changed his mind some half hour after trading it in and perhaps more unusual, he had never actually left the store. I would have done the same thing. We just didn't have anything he wanted to trade for.

We take DVD's in as well, though I'm pretty selective about what I take. A forum member stopped in late tonight and traded in some 20-30 movies, most of which I took because they were really unusual. Among these were the Suspiria 3-disc set, the 70's animated X-rated movie Fritz the Cat, the Inspector Gadget boxed set, and some movie that Ben Heckendorn (yes, THE Ben Heckendorn) directed whose name escapes me at the moment. If not the most popular DVD collection I've taken in, it was certainly the most unusual.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Today:

Final Fantasy VII (complete, non-GH version) - I'd buy these all day long if I could. I'd put it in the top ten "do you have?" items.

SMS Buster Douglas Boxing (loose) - Ack, where's the box an manual?! Oh well, this is the first time the game has appeared in this store in any condition.

"Time Machine" gizmo - OK, so this device allows you to play Famicom games on your GBA or DS and also has an output port that lets you display on an external monitor (television). Weird. Weird is good, by the way.

TurboGrafx-16 Dragon's Curse (loose) - Ack again! See Buster Douglas, above.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Final Fantasy VII (complete, non-GH version) - I'd buy these all day long if I could. I'd put it in the top ten "do you have?" items.
    I wonder how much longer until the price on this game goes into a tailspin.

"Time Machine" gizmo - OK, so this device allows you to play Famicom games on your GBA or DS and also has an output port that lets you display on an external monitor (television). Weird. Weird is good, by the way.
    That sounds extremely awkward.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

The time machine is pretty cool, only problem is it requires additional batteries to use it (doesn't leech off the gba battery) and it needs to have a gba game in it to work, works great for no-pirate carts, most pirate carts are a bit loose and don't fit well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today:

Did Frankie sell that to you? I sold it to Frankie, be funny if it were true...

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Coldguy View Post
    Did Frankie sell that to you? I sold it to Frankie, be funny if it were true...
    NO WAY MAN!

I DID happen to be there after it got traded in and chatted with Raj about the finer points of the item. (The one that got traded in came with a NES to Famicom adapter in the box!)

I like mine a lot and probably won't ever trade or sell it as long as I own a GBASP and/or a DS Lite (works with that too).

It's proudly in my famiclone collection...possibly one of the strangest ones I own.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 03-10-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    NO WAY MAN!
    Alright I was just wondering, that was the token that I got after losing a wii over to another couple a mere 55 miles away, so I thought it was a win to find some obscure stuff there (including some DK bongos).

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Late night last night in what will hopefully be the last Super Smash Bros MELEE tournament for a long long while. 32 players and 3 hours later I wasn't in the mood for posting!

Actually there wasn't much to mention.

PS2 Colosseum Road to Freedom (complete) - I've never seen this one before, and it has never been traded in here. Looked pretty cool and I thought it was interesting that this game which looks like a Dynasty Warriors-style brawler is categorized as an "Action RPG" on the back of the box. I took it home to try it out on my next day off. Amazon sellers are NUTS with this one, though.