Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Trade-Ins [DP Store]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am not happy to hear about this. I hope you were able to get good pictures/video of them with your security equipment. Too bad nobody was looking at the store webcam last night when it happened. I hope police are able to get these worthless people who did this.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Nothing was stolen. Check the DP Myspace Blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Prepare yourselves for a summer cornucopia of posts in this thread. School is out and adults are starting to take time off. It's already evident in the past few days' trade-ins, and the store is just a little more known than it was LAST year, when we had a ton of crazy good summer trades.

SNES Zelda Link to the Past (complete) - nice to see this one in minty shape boxed complete.

SNES Mario All-Stars (complete) - see above.

SNES Mega Man X (complete) - as above.

SNES Axelay (complete) - as above, OK I'll stop here. There were quite a few complete boxed SNES games in this trade-in. Sometimes I wonder "where were these people over the last three years" and then I remember that I'm in the most populated area of NJ and just 20 minutes from NYC. I'm glad they're still comin'.

PS2 Jurassic Park (complete) - Hello PS2 collectors. It's pretty hard to find this one in the wild, isn't it?

Nintendo NES Lot (mostly loose) - Two separate trade-in customers provided us with multiple copies of Super Mario Bros 1-3, the TMNT games, Castlevania, Super Dodgeball, Tyson, Ninja Gaiden, and more. Nice re-stock for the Angry Video Game Nerd weekend.

Genesis Shining in the Darkness (complete) - Big deal? No. But my guy Raj loves the artwork and puts this one aside. Plus it's a Genesis RPG, which is something we can't get enough of.

SNES Super Scope 6 (complete) - Didn't we just get one of these and I said we NEVER get these in working condition? Well, that last one sold already and this one is in better condition, box-wise. Might be coming home with me.

Sega CD System
    (loose) - only mentioned because we've been out of these for a few weeks. Glad to see one back in stock. It's the side-loading later model, by the way.

PS3 DBZ Burst Limit
    (complete) - first time traded in. Again, this may be coming home with me for a test drive, though I have no interest in owning it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Sure, ummm where is the link?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Just read it. Glad to hear nothing got taken. I think it may be time to put a camera looking up into the skylight.

Joe, I had a thought this morning. You've got the trade ins thread, which is really interesting to read. Have you ever thought about making an "Interesting sales" thread? You could post about the most interesting sale or request of the day. I know you have posted in the past about how popular items fly out the door. It might be interesting to see what uncommon/rare/oddball things people are buying.
    Last edited by Bandicat; 06-23-2008 at 10:05 PM.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Thanks for the well wishes, folks. We didn't get robbed, just broken into. I think you'll find the photos quite entertaining, if not alarming. In any event, upgrades will be made and there's a separate thread to discuss this going forward:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118468

Quote Originally Posted by Bandicat View Post
    Joe, I had a thought this morning. You've got the trade ins thread, which is really interesting to read. Have you ever thought about making an "Interesting sales" thread? You could post about the most interesting sale or request of the day. I know you have posted in the past about how popular items fly out the door. It might be interesting to see what uncommon/rare/oddball things people are buying.
    The "trade-ins" thread is a 2008 project. You know me... I'll try something different for 2009, perhaps you've hit on something here! I don't have the time to do more than one of these things in the one hour a day I spend online these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    You know me... I'll try something different for 2009, perhaps you've hit on something here!
    Idea! Trade in video! Simple idea, have a camera on a Tripod, have someone go in front of it, say the date and hold up the various items that were traded in, make it less the 60 seconds and you got a viral hit.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Coldguy View Post
    Idea! Trade in video! Simple idea, have a camera on a Tripod, have someone go in front of it, say the date and hold up the various items that were traded in, make it less the 60 seconds and you got a viral hit.
    From OUR (collecting) standpoint that would be awesome, but put yourself in my shoes. I don't want anyone to think they've got the "trade-in of the day" because that means automatically they should get the "payoff of the day". I play fair but I'm also a businessman.

I do like the video idea though. There may be something to build on there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ Alright how about game of the week where you do a mini review of a game (or 2) that is in the store for sale?

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post

PS2 Jurassic Park (complete) - Hello PS2 collectors. It's pretty hard to find this one in the wild, isn't it?
    Only if its JP: Operation Genesis.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Only if its JP: Operation Genesis.
    Is there any other Jurassic Park game on PS2? You've got me stumped, but yeah, that's the one I was talking about.

Today, just a few more PS2 goodies.

PS2 Fatal Frame
    (complete)
    PS2 Shadow Hearts (complete)
    PS2 Shadow of Destiny (complete) - yes, Gamestop has this one listed at $4.99 which is a great deal. It's really really old but a good game that we don't see nearly as often as $4.99 suggests.

XBox 360 DragonBall Z Burst Limit (complete) - we had a PS3 version traded in a day or two ago, this is the first 360 version traded in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Glad to hear nothing was stolen.
    Also, congrats on the awesome trades!
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Just a few things today as we begin to batten down the hatches for an "Angry" video game weekend.

PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics (complete) - mint and black label. Every time I see this game I want to start it all over again. Better finish Lost Odyssey first.

PS2 Magna Carta
    (complete) - we don't see this one too often but this is the complete version with the larger box and extras. On my list of games to play this one is like forty-eighth. That's not bad really, it IS on my radar.

XBox 360 Battlefield: Bad Company
    (complete) - are you KIDDING me? The game just came out yesterday! The guy says he "beat the game" and is moving onto the next thing. Wow. Just, wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wonder why someone like that just doesn't rent...

67 dollars or so (If your in NY state at least) for what amounts to a 1 day rental is pricey, even if you can get half of that back the next day for trade in value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To each their own I suppose.

"You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Joe, I'd love to hear about some of the "lamest" trades people have brought in, as well. Something along the lines of a person trying to bring in a pile of game mags their cat peed on, or someone swaggering in with a bag filled with 16-bit sports titles, and a huge smile, as they think about the insane amounts of cash they're supposedly going to get in exchange.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PixelSmasher View Post
    Hey Joe, I'd love to hear about some of the "lamest" trades people have brought in, as well. Something along the lines of a person trying to bring in a pile of game mags their cat peed on, or someone swaggering in with a bag filled with 16-bit sports titles, and a huge smile, as they think about the insane amounts of cash they're supposedly going to get in exchange.
    Hmm interesting concept. But possibly not a great business move to post stories that might discourage people from bringing in trade material, or might be seen to be mocking potential store users or intimating that they are ignorant.
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He already has that video of the kids trying to sell trashed games and getting 50 cents each or something.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel View Post
    Hmm interesting concept. But possibly not a great business move to post stories that might discourage people from bringing in trade material, or might be seen to be mocking potential store users or intimating that they are ignorant.
    Yeah, I can understand that. But the thing is, Joe already makes fun of a few people coming in and shares stories. Granted, they're the more extreme instances. *shrug* His call.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I not sure if this has been asked. If a trade you received is something someone here would want can we buy at store prices and have them shipped?
    neo geo system