Thread: Today's Trade-Ins [DP Store]

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by briskbc View Post
    That's what I did with GTA IV.
    I'm kind of a dope in that regard. I have a number of games I honestly feel very 'eh' about but I just never sell them.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Hands up, who's surprised that I've managed to keep this up into July? Well, my hand is up. Truth is, this has been a fun documentation project and will most certainly be part of a future writing project. I totally don't expect to continue this through next year, so enjoy it while it lasts

Today.

Big SYSTEM trade-in day, which makes for a pretty unexciting post. A PSP, a 360, several PS2's, just nothing that pops out on that front. Some games that came along with the stuff today:

PS1 Vagrant Story (almost complete) - AGAIN?! Yes, this fairly sought-after game was traded in yet again. Sadly, missing the bonus sampler disc (not even sure if most people would notice that) but otherwise complete.

PS1 Resident Evil 2
    and Resident Evil 3 (complete) - Cant' get enough of these.

PC LucasArts Lot (loose) - They're loose but what a strange trade-in, that contained many of the games we've all been emulating on SCUMM, including Escape from Monkey Isle and Curse of Monkey Isle. Grim Fandango was in that lot too.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Hey Joe, I feel like I should of PM'd you this, but since this has to do with Trade-In's I'll ask here anyway. What is the price of a used Wii at your store?

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was just wondering, how do the trade-ins/selling work for the store, is one supposed to give an offer to sell an item or is there a specific way of finding out what an item is worth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfApoc View Post
    I was just wondering, how do the trade-ins/selling work for the store, is one supposed to give an offer to sell an item or is there a specific way of finding out what an item is worth?
    For buying: You walk in the store, look at the price tag, take out your wallet, do some math, and then either take the game to the register or put it back on the shelf.

For selling: You take your items to the counter, Joe/whoever does some math, you get money/credit (not sure how this works) and then continue to the "For buying" section.

Simple, no?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I love the side conversations

A little bit of yesterday and today.

PS1 Final Fantasy VII (complete) - Black label version, and SURE you've seen it here a lot of times since the thread started but quite frankly, if I could tailor the business a little bit, it would be YE OLDE FINAL FANTASY SEVEN SHOPPE. "All Final Fantasy 7, All Day!". If it were in any way possible to make this happen - a store where all I had to sell was Final Fantasy VII, I'm quite sure I'd make a killing. Oh well, back to reality.

Sega 32X System (loose) - My guys don't seem to understand that these things have to be TESTED, so until tomorrow this seems to be an "as is" system. OK, we got it for $3 so maybe for the wires alone it's worth it, but if you're going to PM me, keep in mind that tomorrow's crew will hold the answers as to whether it works or not.

Genesis Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (complete) - Surprised to see this here? It's a cult classic. Look for it anywhere, you'll see what I mean.

Genesis Star Control (complete) - Awesome game. Not as awesome as it's sequel, but what a great Genesis game.

Sega CD Soul Star (complete) - Listed here because I haven't seen it in a long time, not because it's particularly good OR rare.

Sega CD Mary Shelley's Frankenstein/Brahm Stoker's Dracula
    (complete) - See above.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post

Sega CD Mary Shelley's Frankenstein/Brahm Stoker's Dracula
    (complete) - See above.
    (Movie voiceover guy voice)

IN A WORLD where full-motion-video was the CUTTING EDGE of gaming ...

..Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves, Kenneth Branagh AND Robert Deniro star in TWO CRAPPY SEGA CD GAMES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    (Movie voiceover guy voice)

IN A WORLD where full-motion-video was the CUTTING EDGE of gaming ...

..Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves, Kenneth Branagh AND Robert Deniro star in TWO CRAPPY SEGA CD GAMES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!
    Robert Deniro was in Dracula? I didn't know that. Well, it couldn't be any worse than the genesis version.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

PS1 Final Fantasy VII (complete) - Black label version, and SURE you've seen it here a lot of times since the thread started but quite frankly, if I could tailor the business a little bit, it would be YE OLDE FINAL FANTASY SEVEN SHOPPE. "All Final Fantasy 7, All Day!". If it were in any way possible to make this happen - a store where all I had to sell was Final Fantasy VII, I'm quite sure I'd make a killing. Oh well, back to reality.
    Thank you for posting this. I always pickup copies of FFVII when I find it for less than 20 and my wife makes fun of me so it was great to read this to her.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    Robert Deniro was in Dracula? I didn't know that. Well, it couldn't be any worse than the genesis version.
    He was in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just picked up 3 copies of soul star in a huge sega cd saturn lot I got and I was all excited cause Id never seen it before until I got home n looked it up and saw it wasnt anything special.
    Too Many Games 12
    Friday June 15 - Sunday June 17 Oaks, PA
    www.toomanygames.com

my feedback! http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56075

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by mindlesspunk77 View Post
    I just picked up 3 copies of soul star in a huge sega cd saturn lot I got and I was all excited cause Id never seen it before until I got home n looked it up and saw it wasnt anything special.
    In my opinion, any game I only see once every few months is "special", regardless of whether or not it's actually rare, because that means my customers probably haven't seen it either. All I've ever wanted my store to be is a place where you'd find stuff you wouldn't ordinarily see.

Kinda boring day for trade-ins...

PlayStation Final Fantasy VII (complete) - The greatest hits version. You know, we just got one of these two days ago and it's already gone. As I said then, if I could only open a FFVII shop...

Nintendo Wii System
    (loose) - Everything but the box, good condition, a few decent virtual console games. Good timing as we sold our last used Wii yesterday.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quick note from yesterday.

SNES Complete Game Lot - First trade-in of the day included a dozen or so boxed, complete games. A few titles stood out, like Contra III and Lemmings. There were some other interesting ones in there, Ultraman and Street Fighter II. A few of the boxes had some kind of moisture damage. I challenged Maryah to open an instruction manual from NCAA Basketball. She ended up cracking it in half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quick note from yesterday.

SNES Complete Game Lot - I challenged Maryah to open an instruction manual from NCAA Basketball. She ended up cracking it in half.
    Oops, I guess the "you break it you buy it" policy comes into effect here.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Had one interesting trade on this stuffy Sunday.

NES Complete Game Lot - A stellar lot of NES games in mint condition, one sealed. This lot includes Bonk's Adventure, Mega Man 4, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Adventure Island 3, Tetris 2 (sealed), Kirby's Adventure, Caveman Games, Vegas Dream, The Little Mermaid, Life Force, Flintstones (Dino/Hoppy), and Q*Bert.

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had one interesting trade on this stuffy Sunday.

NES Complete Game Lot - A stellar lot of NES games in mint condition, one sealed. This lot includes Bonk's Adventure, Mega Man 4, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Adventure Island 3, Tetris 2 (sealed), Kirby's Adventure, Caveman Games, Vegas Dream, The Little Mermaid, Life Force, Flintstones (Dino/Hoppy), and Q*Bert.
    Cave man games is an awesome game. I never really hear about it much though.
    Last edited by guitargary75; 07-13-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

a little over a year ago i picked up caveman games at a flea market for like $5still have yet to get around and play it but it is one of those rare ones i guess you dont see too often like sqoon (which i got thanks joe)

mike

..."The One And Only"

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Today was one of those "wow" days. A random Monday, lots of really cool stuff. Let's recap:

NES Complete Game Lot - It's weird. We don't get boxed NES games in all that often, and now we've had them two days in a row (hoping for three, four, forty-four...), and two different sellers. Today's lot was pretty nice. The best of the lot was Tengen Tetris and Mega Man 2, but the lot also included Paperboy, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Where's Waldo, Remote Control, A Boy and His Blob, Adventure Island, Barbie, The Little Mermaid, Adventures of Lolo, Videomation, Dr. Mario, and Yoshi.

N64 Diddy Kong Racing (complete) - Just nice because it IS complete.

N64 Banjo Kazooie (complete) - As above.

NES Contra
    (loose)
    NES Castlevania (loose)
    NES Shadowgate (loose) - A few "staples" back in stock.

N64 System (complete) - Complete and collector-quality, in box, same with the next few boxed systems listed below.

NES Action Set System (complete)
    Atari 2600 System (complete)
    Genesis II System (complete)

PS1 Resident Evil: Survivor (complete) - Everyone in my area loves Resident Evil games. I'd be almost as happy opening a Resident Evil Shoppe as I would a Final Fantasy VII Shoppe.

PS2 Silent Hill 2 (missing book) - Grr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitargary75 View Post
    Caveman games is an awesome game. I never really hear about it much though.
    I recently acquired it cart only for $2.50. It's only an R3 but it is a game I don't see too often. I discovered it a few years ago through some friends who had owned and played it back in the day. It's an excellent multiplayer game when you're playing with people who know the controls.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 07-16-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

OK, there's a lot to get through today so let's get right to it.

Dreamcast Shenmue II (complete) - Certainly in "collector" condition, with the outer box that houses the two Euro-style jewel cases intact, looks as though it's barely been touched.

PS2 Firefighter FD18 (complete) - First time this game has been traded into the store. It's kind of a rarity but not as crazy rare as I first thought.

XBox Ultra Bust-A-Move (complete) - I haven't seen this one in a long time.

XBox King of Fighters Maniax (complete) - This is that 3D version of KoF, and another one I haven't seen in awhile. A welcome addition to our rabid fighting game fan customer base.

SNES Super Mario RPG (loose) - Nice.

PS1 Time Crisis (complete) - Complete with GunCon in oversized box.

PS1 Point Blank (complete) - See above.

GameCube Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition (complete) - This is in an oversized silver box with the DVD case showing through the front window. Besides the game, the set also includes a music soundtrack, lenticular art cell, original concept art book, dog tab, and t-shirt.

Saturn Import Lot (various) - Mostly complete though there are one or two that need a RAM cart and don't have one. Metal Slug comes complete with the cart, and the lot also included Real Bout Fatal Fury, Nitoshinden, Toshindesubaru, and a few other interesting titles.

PS1 Lot
    (complete) - A hodgepodge of about 30 PS1 titles and best of all, nothing super-common. I'm getting sick of looking at Tony Hawk and Tomb Raider games. Instead, we've got Adventures of Lomax, Guilty Gear, Herc's Adventures, Tobal 2 (import), Psychic Force and lots of other goodies.

GameCube Lot (complete) - A smaller pile of GameCube games but similar quality and non-common-ness as the PS2 lot above. Both Pikmin's and all of the Resident Evil games highlighted this stack.

SNES Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (loose) - Nice.

SNES Metal Warriors (loose) - You might not recognize the title or think it's worth anything but it's a good game and it's worth something.