Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone play the 3DO anymore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Does anyone play the 3DO anymore?

I only ask because I actually have a 3DO website up that was jumping for a bit because of the release of the games last year from Oldergames.com. Since then, things got a bit warm and were fun and then; nothing. My site sits there and does nothing. 3DOZero even seems to have died down quite a bit. Seems the 3DO is back to being the ultimate bastard child of gaming.

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i still play it time to time, usually when i need my Star Control II fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

I actually want the OLDERGAMES games (does anyone have any or know where I can get some) and would love to see your site. What is the web address?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in the boat of still needing a system. I have a couple of games but am out of space and can't afford to keep piling items into my current living space. Once I graduate then it'll become a feasible option and finally begin enjoying quite a few games I've looked forward to.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    I actually want the OLDERGAMES games (does anyone have any or know where I can get some) and would love to see your site. What is the web address?
    Have fun finding the oldergames releases. It appears that the guys that did Beggar Prince took over oldergames. I am trying to get the information to see if they will be supporting the 3DO or not. Also, seems pointless to me to buy up a company to do nothing with it, so something nas to be up their sleeves.

The web address to 3DO Maniac is;

http://s3.freepowerboards.com/3domaniac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

Quote Originally Posted by T2KFreeker View Post
    Have fun finding the oldergames releases. It appears that the guys that did Beggar Prince took over oldergames. I am trying to get the information to see if they will be supporting the 3DO or not. Also, seems pointless to me to buy up a company to do nothing with it, so something nas to be up their sleeves.[/url]
    I think they just wanted the promotion the site already has, they didn't buy the company just the web address. Super Fighter Team also said they have no interest in disc based games although I would love to have Icebreaker 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    I think they just wanted the promotion the site already has, they didn't buy the company just the web address. Super Fighter Team also said they have no interest in disc based games although I would love to have Icebreaker 2
    Hmm, not really a smart move though as oldergames seemed to just about piss everyone off here at the end. Not the kind of promotion or recognition I would want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DustnF
    PSN
    Alfador

I just picked up an FZ-1 in box at a thrift store a couple weeks ago, now I need to start looking for games for it...any recommendations?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    I just picked up an FZ-1 in box at a thrift store a couple weeks ago, now I need to start looking for games for it...any recommendations?
    You need to read this thread!

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32396

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

I still play mine from time to time also...Love Need For Speed, and Road Rash. I think they are better than the PSone versions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I picked up a 3DO in 2006, but it was busted. Still haven't found a decently priced new one...at this point it seems like I may have to bite the bullet and pay the 50 bucks the one store is asking for.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I picked up a 3DO in 2006, but it was busted. Still haven't found a decently priced new one...at this point it seems like I may have to bite the bullet and pay the 50 bucks the one store is asking for.
    50 bucks for a 3DO is a good price as long as it isn't a Goldstar unit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

My first 3do was a goldstar in box w/ gex(w/ back insert) and loose copys of Madden and FIFA. all for $25 probably 3-4 years ago. My second was my friends(And his dead fathers) collection of games for $50 w/ FZ-10 about 12 complete good condition games including Lemmings, all 3 Shockwaves, Immercenary, Psychic Detective +More and some games that had the small boxes like Primal Rage, BC Racers, Braindead 13 and more. also in the lot was a bunch of genesis, sega cd, and saturn. also some controllers a sega cd system and a genesis, this was about 2 years ago. My newest 3DO was the FZ-1 TESTERS UNIT! I got it from a local shop with the game gun and 3d0 station invasion all for $100. It was a great deal I think. I got this one last summer. I LOVE 3DO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

My 3DO has been sitting in storage along with about ten other systems I currently don't have the room to hook up or time to play. I really do miss it though; I could definitely go for some Star Control II, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Return Fire, Road Rash, Slam N Jam, and Twisted. I really wish there was a good 3DO emulator that I could run on my GP2X or PSP. Hell, afaik there isn't a good 3DO emulator period. If I'm wrong and someone knows of one, by all means let me know.
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the 3do was never had a huge following, it doesn't surprise me that your site traffic has fallin. there is a few hardcore 3do fans, but their numbers are not that large. Hell a lot of the younger crowd doesn't even know what a 3do is.

btw, I too still need to find Star Control 2, it's one of the few games I've yet to play and still want to on the 3do.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I walk past my 3DO all hooked up every day but I have a hard time finding the time for it. I look at it and want to play it but then I look at the copy of Mass Effect I have and start getting the urge to play that, so I do it. I love 3DO and every time I look at it, I want to play it. Its a good system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I played Shanghai: Triple Threat with my kids last night

We love that game

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The 3DO is one of the few older systems i still have hooked up. Which is for two reasons. One: I have yet to set up an emulator for it on my living room emu-box, and Two: Because the Panasonic Version actually has a sort of classy look to it. When it sits in my home theater area, it sort of looks like it "belongs." It's not the conversation piece the Vectrex is, but I do get lots of "Whats that!??" questions.

As for the last time I played it? I think a year and a half ago. I had an ex-g/f that i've known since high school visiting, and we decided to play our favourite two games for the thing. The highly underrated Pataank, and Theme Park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mangar View Post
    The 3DO is one of the few older systems i still have hooked up. Which is for two reasons. One: I have yet to set up an emulator for it on my living room emu-box, and Two: Because the Panasonic Version actually has a sort of classy look to it. When it sits in my home theater area, it sort of looks like it "belongs." It's not the conversation piece the Vectrex is, but I do get lots of "Whats that!??" questions.

As for the last time I played it? I think a year and a half ago. I had an ex-g/f that i've known since high school visiting, and we decided to play our favourite two games for the thing. The highly underrated Pataank, and Theme Park.
    Pataank, man I actually love that game. I laugh when so many people talk crap about it because most of the people that do played it and don't understand what it really is. I love that game. It's been a hot minute because of moving stuff around, but my Japanese FZ-1 gets hooked up this weekend fpr a run at Escape From Monster Manor!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a 3DO, but I haven't really spent much time playing it. The only game I owned was Road Rash, and while it's a really good game, I wasn't willing to donate my limited console space to a system I only had one game for.

However, after I got a couple of 3DO games from my Secret Santa this year, and finally managed to find a copy of the atrocious 'Plumbers Don't Wear Ties', I've started to get more interested in hooking it up.

Today, I grabbed copies of AD&D: Slayer, Need for Speed and Twisted from the local game shop. I remember playing Twisted a lot when my family rented a 3DO from a game rental store years ago, and I'm actually looking forward to trying it out again. The same store that I bought the games from also has a FZ-1 complete in box for $60 (though I could probably negotiate that down), which I'd much rather have than my Goldstar unit. I actually might end up going back to get that.
    Last edited by Damaniel; 01-09-2008 at 04:45 PM.