Thread: Achievement Points: The Good, The Bad, and the Silly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Pete, I agree completely.

Oh and for the legit 1000 in FFXI, there isn't one. Sufloor who I believe has 1000 has a hacked 1000 in it, meaning he hasn't played the game he hacked the code to unlock the achievements. Any one else that has those has had Sufloor's help to get them.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

DOAX2 and Rumble Roses take forever, agreed. DOA even lets you freaking buy things to speed it up. I think it's 400~ points per pack. What they offer is a pack of the other girls suits, one at a time. So for each girl you would have to buy like 9 packs at 400 points each. For each girl. And then you would still have to play the game enough to get their own swim suits, or buy them again and try to gift them. And of course you would still need the collections, which you can ALSO buy a set of (one per girl per download of course) for like 500 points. So if you have more money than sense you can totally get those points guys!!

And rumble roses...don't even attempt it without a guide. you need to know what you need to get done or else you'll fuck up what your trying to accomplish and have to start it over. I think to get a champ belt you have to have something like 15 wins with the character, and 3 wins in a row, and those must be solo matches. And you have to fight everyone once during them. So at least 15 solo fights (and there WILL be tag matches and 3/4way royals on the way) just to get the belt for one character and net one acheivement. That's no SO bad, unless you played the first game, where all you had to do was beat the story mode, which was about as long stage-wise as your average fighting game. Anyway, you get the belt, get an acheivment. But,you need to do it as EVERYONE to get them all. And tag belts too. And that's not even the worst. Worst part is you have to buy out everything in the store under every character individually, and that COUNTS all the different create-a-wrestler slots individually as well. So you get to do it once per character in the game, and then like 30 more times just for shits.

Basically, Japanese fap games are made for the hardcore Japanese player who only bought his 360 for that one fap game and will damn well get his money out of it in playtime. Maybe someday I'll get the DOA ones done, I got semi close to finshing a couple collections in the original game, but damn. The swimsuits don't even look that great this time around...

EDF is another game for the Japanese hardcore player, but in a good way. There's 6 acheivements in that game. There's 5 for beating the game on the difficulty levels, and then one for getting all the weapons. At least with EDF it's more about skill at the game than time spend grinding the shops. You get good at the game or you don't get shit. The only timeconsuming grindfest in that is if you decided to replay lots of stages to amass armor to up your HP. Which ain't a bad idea. At least it's a fun game where you actually feel in control of your character, unlike DOA Tittyball or Rumble Titties.

----------------
    other thoughts: agreed on orange box's acheivments. those are good ones. I play the PC version, but Steam has acheivements for them too, and I can only assume they are the same. Good balance between "get them for beating story mode" type stuff and "replay the game only do this instead" kinda things. I finally did the gnome acheivment, good times.

lego star wars has some decent ones, most of them you get just by clearing out the game, and then there's a bunch of "kill x with y" stuff that's vaugely amusing. Plus there's one for killing Jar Jar 20 times.

saints row has pretty decent acheivements, although most of them are pretty obvious things. There's ones for story progress, finishing an entire activity, that sort of thing. And of course "drive xxxx miles" and "destroy 35 helicopters" and so on. UNfortunetly there are a handful of online ones that seem like they may take awhile to get, and there doesn't seem to be anyone playing the game online anymore. If anyone wants to work on those, let me know and I'd be glad to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Easiest achievements has to be Galaga. I had all of them in something like 20 minutes, just play through the levels and be sure to shoot the secret enemy.

Pac-Man CE's were also not terribly difficult with one or two exceptions, but were incredibly fun to get. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Added a new subsection to post #4, feel free to add some of your own submissions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guitar Hero 3's achievements are quite difficult and time consuming, only a few people have 1000 in it legit.