Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lending Out Games

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lending Out Games

I'm pretty sure most of us have lent out games and never received them back or they were returned damaged. Most of us on here are collectors so we do not lend out games anymore. However, before I started collecting games and taking care of them I became of victim of not having a few games returned to me. Has this happened to anyone? I'm curious to hear what games other people have lost. I have lost:

NBA Live '98-PS1
    Turok: Dinosaur Hunter-N64
    NBA Hangtime-N64
    Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest-SNES

Anyone else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I stopped lending games when my friend would not return my copy of Ready to Rumble Round 2 for the Dreamcast, and my other friend's PS2 got one of my PS2 games all dirty.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The last time I lent a game (Final Fantasy Legends), it came back with a crushed box and bent instruction booklet. After accidentally breaking a few of the guy's Transformers, I vowed to never lend out my games again.

I said it before and I'll say it again: You're more than welcome to come over and play any game you want for as long as you want, but you're NOT taking it with you.

Strawberry (Level 2) FrakAttack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Worst loss ever was my Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger and tapes for the 2600. Loaned them to my step-brother's daughter in '87 and never saw them again. Dragonstomper, NOOOOO!!!
    "Ambitious, but rubbish."

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Streetball 21 View Post
    Anyone else?
    Anything I lost was so long ago, I don't even remember. It's more often you get something back and it's trashed. I don't really lend out games these days.

This pretty much sums it up:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flack View Post
    I have about three people that are on my "good" list. My dad, and one of my friends. That's it. If you're not on the list, the answer's "no".
    Quoted from this thread:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26258

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Batman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never got back Resident Evil 3 for ps or Dino Crisis

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My casualities are MVP 2004 for PS2 and a dualshock controller. I don't even remember where I left those two.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    The last time I lent a game (Final Fantasy Legends), it came back with a crushed box and bent instruction booklet.

See now that was stupid. If you're going to lend someone a gameboy game, including the fragile box is asking for trouble.

I used to have no problem lending out games within reason. But after I had a friend borrow The Gamecube version of Ocarina of time and conviently lose it for a couple months I've become more cautious. He did find the game, in a stack of DvDs we'd already searched. His roomates are still convinved he lent it out to one of his friends without asking me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Streetball 21 View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of us have lent out games and never received them back or they were returned damaged. Most of us on here are collectors so we do not lend out games anymore. However, before I started collecting games and taking care of them I became of victim of not having a few games returned to me. Has this happened to anyone? I'm curious to hear what games other people have lost. I have lost:

NBA Live '98-PS1
    Turok: Dinosaur Hunter-N64
    NBA Hangtime-N64
    Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest-SNES

Anyone else?
    i lend out games all the time sometimes even fairly rare ones i usually borrow a game of theirs at the same time so i have a little security on it (and a new game to play through).
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I one big one I can think of is I loaned out Dracula X for the SNES and never got my instructions back.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

I don't lend out many games.. and those I have all have returned in the exact same condition. I have been fortuneate with the group of friends I have. Then again, most of them are also serious gamers and have had the same happen to them. So I'm pretty safe. I've even gone as far as loaning my Sega CDX and Loadstar to one. Both returned and without damage.. well for the CDX.. no more damage than it already had...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have any friends, so it's never been a problem for me. I've only had that happen with some movies and the one that pissed me off most was- Yojimbo: Criterion Collection. Which I pointed out already, is not a game- so I'm not sure why I'm posting here.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

It's odd, because during the NES time period, I would always be swapping games with people, friends, cousins, whatever. In reacquiring NES games the last couple years, I have been just getting games I had over the years. Yet I can't remember which games I had that I had bought originally or not. Often I'd swap say RBI Baseball to a friend for Double Dragon, and play that for awhile, then trade that with someone else. Never had a problem.

With the Genesis, for some reason, people were a pain. I hated lending my games out. Either I'd have to nag the person to get it back, or it would come back grossed up. That is how I got rid of my original Genesis. I lent it to this kid in '95, and he never would give it back. I think he lost it or broke it or something. Eventually I had him give me $15, a gameboy, and several Gameboy games. I traded almost all the GB stuff to another friend for something else.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lost Contra for the NES, but I think that's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My sister let her friend borrow Dr. Mario back in the 90's which was never seen again. I only lend games to people I know very well. So far, I've gotten everything back in more or less the same condition they got it in.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just like DVD movies, if I loan games out, I can count on not getting them back. Sadly I usually dont get them back unless I go and get them. Currently I need to go get "the Office" set (british version) and a few other movies back. As far as games, I have not lost anything since PSone was popular. Games I just don't loan out anymore and I should do the same with DVDs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 4. I was so upset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I lost my Donkey Kong Country (SNES) by loaning it to someone in high school. Last time I think I ever let someone borrow a game actually. I should buy it again. I was at 99% complete I remember. I also lost my Mario All-Stars but I think it was an Ex that took that one.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For my friends, I'll help you move, I'll help you remodel, I'll loan you money, I'll give you a kidney, but no one gets my games unless they like them and appreciate them as much as I do.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I once lent a friend of mine a Super Mario World guide book, which he kept for nearly two months, despite me asking him to give it back. I finally had to go over to his house, and get his mom to get it for me. And once I had it, I found he had pretty much trashed it (the cover was all torn up) The next day he yelled at me about getting him in trouble and never talked to me again. Good riddance to that douchenozzle.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29