Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do the new 360s still self destruct?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Do the new 360s still self destruct?

Does the Xbox 360 Arcade Edition or whatever it is suffer from spontaneous combustion or did they remedy that with the nano-whatsitz thing? I want a 360, but I'll be damned if I pay real money for this "red ring" bullshit Microshaft has been peddling so far.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

From every scrap of information I've been able to gather, ALL Arcade Edition and all of the Pro Editions packed with the Forza/Ultimate Alliance game have the re-designed board.

The problem is that MS is hush hush on this, so all gathered info is from actual users, which adds human error to the equation. On the other hand, no conflicting evidence as of yet. I'll be watching this thread as eagerly as you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

dont know about the pros and arcades, but the halo edition was the first appearance of the 65nano cpu. im not sure if even the elites have that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been wanting to ask the same thing but I was debating whether or not it was too soon. I would really like to get another 360 but I'm waiting until I hear the problem is fixed. The last one I had was dead out of the box. I sold the replacement (eb warranty) immediately. The final broken system was my 5th in 10 months.

Sorry, I know I've mentioned all that before in another thread but I'll be damned if it doesn't still amaze and anger me.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not anymore since they disabled the check engine light.
    Seriously.

They said check the power supply or the box if it says 175w at the back it's the falcon.

If it is 230w it is the original.

Remember the greatest lie ever told was (they said). 2nd greatest is (the instructions are pretty straight forward
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Your best bet is to check the manufacturing date. If it was made after october 1st 2007 you should be very safe. (There is a little flap on the top of the box that you can look through)

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope my XB360 (Pro) doesn't self destruct. I just bought mine a few days after Christmas.

Strawberry (Level 2) Nitrosport's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had my original 360 for a year now and aside from a few lockups and weird cd tray issues, it's still working.......knock on wood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's an alternative question to ask: Who has had a 360 for 6+ months that is still running fine? I bought an elite in April and it's fine, but a friend of mine who also bought an elite in April has caught the RRoD. Who has the oldest functional 360? Any launch consoles still going?
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I also think if you got an pro console w/HDMI, you got the falcon mobo.

Strawberry (Level 2) Nitrosport's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaJoey23 View Post
    Here's an alternative question to ask: Who has had a 360 for 6+ months that is still running fine? I bought an elite in April and it's fine, but a friend of mine who also bought an elite in April has caught the RRoD. Who has the oldest functional 360? Any launch consoles still going?
    The only launch consoles that are still running have probably been used scarcely. I know tons of people that have been through a multitude of consoles already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaJoey23 View Post
    As someone who stood by with doubts when people started reporting RRoD errors en masse, particularly because I owned several Playstation 2 consoles that all worked fine (sold and rebought the console a few times) when people were bitching left and right about disc read errors, I can assure you that the problem does exist and is not the result of poor maintenance or anything other than manufacturing issues. Mine just died in the middle of the Sega Rally Revo demo. It's actually the first console I've ever had that just plain shit the bed. Fortunately the 3-year RRoD service policy was in place when mine died.

I'm not saying I thought people were lying when they initially started reporting faulty worksmanship on the 360/ps2/etc., it had just never happened to me until the 360, which I had owned for about a year when it happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just dreading the day when mine dies. Do they at least give you back one with an updated mobo?
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had 4 360's(been buying them, then selling them because all games that were interesting me at the time got beaten by me), and not one ever gave me any problems.
    there are so many awesome games, I won't sell it this time (RockBand dlc is so awesome).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    the zdan

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrosport View Post
    The only launch consoles that are still running have probably been used scarcely. I know tons of people that have been through a multitude of consoles already.
    My wife bought me mine christmas of 2006 and I have red ringed only once when I accidentally unseated the AV cord.

It is heavily used too, I play a lot of rock band and gh :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Streetball 21 View Post
    I hope my XB360 (Pro) doesn't self destruct. I just bought mine a few days after Christmas.
    Yeah tell me about it bro. I've been holding off on buying an X360 simply because I lack the patience most gamers still have. I simply won't purchase something only to have it go kaput 2 weeks later and have to ship it in. I know peeps who have gone through (6) systems already, I can't understand their "patience" factor on this in all honesty. Once I know that the Falcon systems are out and about and my purchase is going to be around 5 + years from now, then I can finally go online and start killin' some doodz in COD4 and stuff. Until then... like Chuck Norris... I wait.

With swords & guns, I kick ass. The future beware!

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My friend bought his little brother a 360 almost 2 years ago. The thing is still running like a champ. It takes everything a 10 year old can throw at it; and with games like RAW 2007 and Madden, that's quite a bit.
    My girlfriend bought an Arcade for me for Christmas, and I've played it every day so far for a couple of hours each day....so far so good....

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RASTAN View Post
    Yeah tell me about it bro. I've been holding off on buying an X360 simply because I lack the patience most gamers still have. I simply won't purchase something only to have it go kaput 2 weeks later and have to ship it in. I know peeps who have gone through (6) systems already, I can't understand their "patience" factor on this in all honesty. Once I know that the Falcon systems are out and about and my purchase is going to be around 5 + years from now, then I can finally go online and start killin' some doodz in COD4 and stuff. Until then... like Chuck Norris... I wait.
    It was a hard decision, but I was in a position to get it so ended up doing it. I just hope I dont get the dreaded red light. We'll just have to wait and see!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mine is 14 months old, but gets used fairly little as my gamerscore shows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am personally debating on whether or not to try the 360 again. I had some pretty bad experience with my past 360 en devours, with the red ring occurring for me multiple times on multiple units. Anybody who knows me also knows that I BABY my electronics, and I definitely did no wrong to the console...although it seemed to love to do wrong to me. The thing that kills me is that the games for the most part were fantastic....and I do miss them. But, I am not so sure I am willing to take an expensive chance again just yet. I'll wait some more I suppose until I feel confident enough that the problem(s) have been resolved.