Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Games that did and did not launch with the Sega Genesis in September 1989

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    I have to say, this is one of the better threads I've seen in a while. Thanks for the stories and scans, parallaxscroll!
    You're welcome DigitalSpace.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the scans as well...I have all my gaming magazines from the late 1980's stored away in boxes, but I really got into the articles for both the PC-Engine and Mega Drive prior to the US launches, even with the typos, etc.

I have to say that Babbage's return policy was not very smart from a business perspective. Why would the company let anyone buy computer and gaming software and return them if they did not like them? I always discouraged customers from doing so, especially those that took advantage of it. Babbage's was not meant to operate like rental stores, but there were customers that really treated the stores as such.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer View Post
    Thanks for the scans as well...I have all my gaming magazines from the late 1980's stored away in boxes, but I really got into the articles for both the PC-Engine and Mega Drive prior to the US launches, even with the typos, etc.

Do you happen to have an early 1989 (perhaps Feb 1989) issue of VG&CE that has a review of SMS Phantasy Star ?

I know it's not the April 1989 issue with a jet fighter pilot on the cover (that one was cool). I think it was this one:

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately, all the older magazines that I have are boxes up and I'm not sure if I will have the time to find it. If I do have the time this weekend, I will try to locate it for you.

Also, Alex Kidd on the Genesis is actually 2 Megabits, while Altered Beast is 4 Megs. That one article scan stated Altered Beast was 2 Megs.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

EDIT: Oh my gosh, sorry to bump this old thread, I don't even know how it wound up open in a tab for me to even read, but I'd already replied thinking it had already been bumped, before noticing the last few posts were still of the very much old variety. My bad.

The absolute latest PS2 could have been released was March 31st, 1990. I know, because that's the day I got it. That whole weekend was a big deal for me, as on the Friday the 30th, I went over to my friends house for a belated birthday sleepover, and as part of that we went to see TMNT which had just opened that day. Then on Saturday the 31st we moved on over to my house, and my parents handed me the brand spanking new PS2 copy they were surprising me with (they knew I'd been waiting for that for months). Then Sunday, April 1st, was Wrestlemania 6, Hogan vs Warrior. For barely teenage me, that was a hell of a weekend.
    Last edited by BlastProcessing402; 12-30-2016 at 07:38 PM.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlastProcessing402 View Post
    EDIT: Oh my gosh, sorry to bump this old thread, I don't even know how it wound up open in a tab for me to even read, but I'd already replied thinking it had already been bumped, before noticing the last few posts were still of the very much old variety. My bad.

The absolute latest PS2 could have been released was March 31st, 1990. I know, because that's the day I got it. That whole weekend was a big deal for me, as on the Friday the 30th, I went over to my friends house for a belated birthday sleepover, and as part of that we went to see TMNT which had just opened that day. Then on Saturday the 31st we moved on over to my house, and my parents handed me the brand spanking new PS2 copy they were surprising me with (they knew I'd been waiting for that for months). Then Sunday, April 1st, was Wrestlemania 6, Hogan vs Warrior. For barely teenage me, that was a hell of a weekend.
    That's a pretty badass weekend (other than Warrior going ovee Hogan...)!