Thread: XRGB-2+ owners, come on in! I need help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default XRGB-2+ owners, come on in! I need help!

Okay guys, so I finally got my XRGB-2+, and I'm incredibly happy with it. But, I do have a couple seriously irritating issues.

1) How do I turn the damn thing off? If I push the power button on the unit, I hear a loud click (it turns off), then it immediately turns itself back on. Same thing if I use the power button on the remote. Holding down the button doesn't make any difference. I've been having to unplug it everytime I want to turn it off. Super annoying.

2) I'm running my DVD player to the D-TERM port via the supplied Component to D-TERM adapter. It looks fine enough, but if I run my Xbox 360 the same way, it looks like ASS. I'm assuming this is due to the component to D-TERM conversion? I have a VGA cable for my 360 so I may just use that to keep my eyes from bleeding out. (the setup is using a 36" VGA monitor)

3) Why is the volume level so low? I noticed you can turn the volume level up on the XRGB itself, which I did, but the actual level coming out the speakers varies wildly depending on the source. For example, my Saturn is louder than the 360, which is louder than the DVD player which is louder than my TiVo, etc etc

Any help and other tips are appreciated. Particularly how to turn the damn thing off.

Thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazuo View Post
    Okay guys, so I finally got my XRGB-2+, and I'm incredibly happy with it. But, I do have a couple seriously irritating issues.

1) How do I turn the damn thing off? If I push the power button on the unit, I hear a loud click (it turns off), then it immediately turns itself back on. Same thing if I use the power button on the remote. Holding down the button doesn't make any difference. I've been having to unplug it everytime I want to turn it off. Super annoying.
    Go into the options menu and set POWERON to OFF.

2) I'm running my DVD player to the D-TERM port via the supplied Component to D-TERM adapter. It looks fine enough, but if I run my Xbox 360 the same way, it looks like ASS. I'm assuming this is due to the component to D-TERM conversion? I have a VGA cable for my 360 so I may just use that to keep my eyes from bleeding out. (the setup is using a 36" VGA monitor)
    Now that is curious. Component should look just fine with some tweaking. You shouldn't be using the XRGB with the 360 anyway, as there's no support for progressive scan on the 2+.

3) Why is the volume level so low? I noticed you can turn the volume level up on the XRGB itself, which I did, but the actual level coming out the speakers varies wildly depending on the source. For example, my Saturn is louder than the 360, which is louder than the DVD player which is louder than my TiVo, etc etc

Any help and other tips are appreciated. Particularly how to turn the damn thing off.

Thanks!
    Not sure what's going on there either. I'd suggest not running audio through the XRGB unless you have to.