Thread: Theoretical Question... Stadium Events

Cherry (Level 1) williewonka2k1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Theoretical Question... Stadium Events

I guess I could pose the same question in terms of just about any other rare game. Say you found this game at a discount store for say .50 cents (which is usually the case for most people who actually do). Would you keep the game, or would you sell and reap the rewards. In all honesty, I get the aura around the title and what not, but Track and Field is more then an adequate substitute. Anyone have any personal experiences?

Edit: Another query: Among other rare titles (ie: NWC 1990, Competition Carts), how many do you think can be attributed to be in the possession of people who are negligent to its value?
    Last edited by williewonka2k1; 01-31-2008 at 07:47 PM.
    -"Are you talking out of turn?"
    "No, I believe we are all talking together."
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's easy (for me at least), sell, sell, sell! Unless you were going for a complete NES collection there's really no other reason to hold on to a game like this. As you probably meant to point out, Athletic World is the same game. There isn't even the temptation of the "maybe I should keep it cause it's cool" factor that would accompany a NWC cart.

Although I have to admit getting something like this on the cheap might make one change directions and go for a complete NES collection.
    http://www.maximumcrowe.net/maximumc...outhpark3.jpeg

I bet Tugger wants to hear a song off me new album!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would definately keep it. I always look at the finding of a rare game as a reason to begin collecting for that system. For example, I found Power Strike, Sonic, Castle of Illusion, and Slapshot recently for $5 each. I didn't have them, nor did I have much interest in the SMS at the time, but the possession of some of the rarest games for the system has spurred me to begin collecting for it. I've amassed something like half the collection in the last several months. It's been fun so far, not looking forward to Buster Douglas though...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by drewbrim View Post
    That's easy (for me at least), sell, sell, sell!
    If you were to go that course of action, initially, you'd wait.. for the drought.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

for me it would depend on the game, stadium events i would sell, NWC i would keep.

not too big ito track and firled games but if i really wanted it i would get a re-pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Considering it's just a variant, I'd sell it. I already own World Class Track Meet.

*ducks*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would definitely sell stadium events...the game itself is no fun.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I came across a NWC or similar, I'd rather sell it to someone who'd appreciate it more than I would. Yeah, the vast amount of cash would be nice but I wouldn't want something that didn't really interest me just sat there gathering dust.

A NGPC proto of Windjammers, R3 or 3rd Mission would be be a different story. Even after dumping the game I'd rather keep the original cart.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Believe it or not, I started a very similar thread a few years ago. My answer remains the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd brag about how I found it in almost every post, and I'd be a total asshat in my other posts. After getting banned, I'd try to get back in by posing as a "hot gamer chick," still bragging about the cart, saying it came from my brother.

(Just kidding - some asshat actually did that here a few years ago.)

Seriously, I'm not really sure. On one hand, I'd have one of the rarest NES games out there, and it'd be the rarest game I own. But I'd probably hardly ever touch it, except to occasionally look at it, and as a collector who intends to play all of their stuff, that doesn't sit well with me. Maybe I'd just keep it for a while and sell it off when I needed the money.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Me/at my age..

Depending on what I could get for the game would decide if I would sell it..If it was on it's high end in Value I'd let it go right away(after trying it/taking a ton of pics and telling about how I acquired it)Plus showing it to a few of my friends..

If it was on it's low end in value then I'd sit on it unless I just wanted quick cash...if it never went up then I might never sell it..It all would depend day by day,you never know just when your going to need money quick in an emergency.

I have several rare games right now that are on the low end in price..Some I've never checked into though...
    I'd rather not sell them now....If they go up significantly in value then I might consider selling them
    I usually look into selling a rare game when I want to buy something expensive/something I want.. and or don't want to have to use other funds to get.

Though I'm a collector:
    Right now I don't have the desire to own anything that is in that high value such as Stadium Events or NWC... I haven't always thought this way but I'd rather have things that I put in use...stuff on the shelf does "me" no good..

If I came across any of the Rare the NES games spoken of I'd rather sell them to someone who would appreciate them more then me...But I'd be looking to get a high end price as I HATE dumping stuff for cheap unless I have to.

With Super Rare games..No matter what you find you still have to find someone that'll buy it..
    It could be worth so so much but you may never sell it for that much..
    I was watching this show on TV where they dig out these rare rocks and gem stones etc..They are high in value but the people digging them out can't seem to sell any..(or at least fast enough to make the whole thing worthwhile)

Would you purchase a Stadium Events or NWC cart at it's current valued price?...not me..

Flea Markets and Garage Sales I've been to through the years...Laziness on my part I may have passed these games up..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    the zdan

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    With Super Rare games..No matter what you find you still have to find someone that'll buy it..
    It could be worth so so much but you may never sell it for that much..
    I was watching this show on TV where they dig out these rare rocks and gem stones etc..They are high in value but the people digging them out can't seem to sell any..(or at least fast enough to make the whole thing worthwhile)
    If no one is buying it at the "valued" price then that means the "valued" price isn't right. A game is only worth what people are willing to pay.

In response to the question, I would sell. I recently sold about 150 NES CIB along with 50+ CIB from other systems because all they did was sit on the shelf. Now I have a collection I actually play

Insert Coin (Level 0) cosmicpsycho's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'd sell it. with the money i would make, i could buy a ton of games that i'd actually want to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would sell it, if I found it somewhere for fifty cents. It'd give me an opportunity to get some money, and it'd give someone else an opportunity to own something that's important to them.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

I'd keep it for awhile, due to the fact I'm all over the place like a ADD kid.. well I do have ADD... but that's not the point. I might get interest in it sooner or later.. but it I don't after a year or more.. I probably never will, I'd then sell it with the next cycle where it becomes valuable again.

That or do something better and find someone who has been looking for the item for a long time for themselves and give them an awesome deal. Something we can both benefit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    Considering it's just a variant, I'd sell it. I already own World Class Track Meet.

*ducks*
    So sayeth the poor soul who screams whenever he discovers a new PSX variant.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread