Thread: Auction price jacking?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default Auction price jacking?

does any one else find them selves bidding on an item only to jack the price up for other people?

i visit some other auction sites that you can normally get good deals but i notice alot of people will buy it off there and turn it arround and sell it on e-bay, frankly i get kinda tired of it, nothing i buy is going to wind up on ebay.

i'll run it up to what its worth then i watch it go out of control from there, i know i am mean but the type of people that go arround saying "i could get X ammount for it on ebay" really get on my nerves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    does any one else find them selves bidding on an item only to jack the price up for other people?

i visit some other auction sites that you can normally get good deals but i notice alot of people will buy it off there and turn it arround and sell it on e-bay, frankly i get kinda tired of it, nothing i buy is going to wind up on ebay.

i'll run it up to what its worth then i watch it go out of control from there, i know i am mean but the type of people that go arround saying "i could get X ammount for it on ebay" really get on my nerves.
    Am I missing something? Aren't you helping ensure that they get x
    amount on Ebay by doing that?
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Thread moved to the Everything Ebay forum.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

While it's true that what people are willing to pay for things on Ebay is their own concern, you're still sort of a 'inflicting yourselves on people you don't know' kind of douche, especially considering your odd 'confession.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's not cool at all. One, you're just helping those vultures make more money on eBay. Two, you're making it hard for all the rest of us to find decent deals. And to top it all off, like it was said earlier, it's just kind of douchey.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i dont do this on ebay. these are on other auction sites what are from orginazations not individuals.

it doesent hurt me to see goodwills get more money because all they do is provide jobs.

the times i have done this i have found the item on e-bay a week later and doesent nearly go for the saem ammount they got it on the auction site before them

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

i dont do this on ebay. these are on other auction sites what are from orginazations not individuals.

it doesent hurt me to see goodwills get more money because all they do is provide jobs.

the times i have done this i have found the item on e-bay a week later and doesent nearly go for the saem ammount they got it on the auction site before them
    I can understand your feelings on this, but if you are watching this stuff and then looking for it on eBay, I think the main thing is that you have too much time on your hands. I mean, if you don't want it or want to re-sell it for yourself, is it really worth the bother?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i visit some other auction sites that you can normally get good deals but i notice alot of people will buy it off there and turn it arround and sell it on e-bay, frankly i get kinda tired of it
    yeah man i feel ya. one time i saw a cart-only tengen toobin' on bidville for $.49 and said to myself NO FUCKIN' WAY, NOT ON MY WATCH so i bid $5. fight the power

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Bidding on stuff just to jack up the price is pretty douche-tastic.
    Alot of the draw to online auctions is the possibility of finding good deals. Bidding on your own items is bad enough, but jacking up auctions that have nothing to do with you is much more stupid. Everyone likes finding good deals, and I confess, when I hear about people finding good deals on ebay I do get kinda jealous; especially if I had purchased the same game for more in the past. Jacking up bids on video game auctions only negatively affects other game collectors like everyone here, Im sure most of the people who use this site use ebay also.

Bottom line is that when you do something like this it only helps eBay inc make more money.
    So many people all over the world use ebay now, if someone has something truly rare or worthwhile it will sell for a decent amount. Even if it doesnt, the seller must understand that hes putting his item up for auction, not setting a firm price.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Also, this argument makes no sense. You have no right to tell a man how to make a living.
    To get upset at this seems awfully silly.
    Its pretty much how all merchants do buisness, buying something then selling it for profit. Doesn't matter what it is or where it came from (as long as its not illegal).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh ya, definately, i hate when your trying to bid on smthng and peopple do that, it hampen alot..
    "As you traitors roast in your own juices, I will be safely ensconced three miles below the earth's surface, listening to my wax-cylinder player and enjoying a delicious phosphate!"