Thread: Chrono Trigger price woes and eventual elation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Chrono Trigger price woes and eventual elation!

With all of the recent Chrono love going on I really wanted to play it as I skipped over it way back when. I've been following current eBay prices and have been cringing at picking up a copy due to the price.

I was digging through my PS1 stuff today as I'm going out of town for work and wanted to take Castlevania SotN-w-PS One and LCD screen with me and came across my copy of FF Chronicles sitting ont he bottom of the stack...

I had completely for gotten the Chrono Trigger came with that set!!!

It may not be the "real" SNES version but for free (or at least free now...), I won't complain.

Needless to say, in the next two weeks I'll be enjoying CT in my hotel room...

That's one bad thing about having a large VG collection...you actually forget you have stuff.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's actually not a bad port.... and I usually HATE ports. Yes, it has loading times added, but unlike the other Final Fantasy SNES->PS1 ports, the music sounds great. In my mind that makes it quite playable.

It's a good way to play Chrono on your PSP, too (either with Popstation or PS3 remote play)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really didn't care for the PS1 version, but I'd already played the SNES one to death. Seeing the prices on the bay almost makes me want to part with my (complete!) copy. If only I didn't love it so damn much

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    That's one bad thing about having a large VG collection...you actually forget you have stuff.
    Oh god, this. I was cleaning out the garage over the past week and organizing a bunch of my PC games that I've had to store in chests out there. Turns out I have like 2 or 3 dozen duplicate games that I totally didn't realize. I mean, I remember buying four of those copies of No One Lives Forever (PC/OEM/MAC/GotY), but where the hell did the fifth come from? What about that third copy of Unreal Tournament? The second copy of Allied Assault? When the hell did I buy a second copy of Return to Castle Wolfenstein (especially since I wasn't the biggest fan of it the first time I played through it)?

Turned up a bunch of stuff I'd totally forgotten about owning at all, too. Now if only I could find some friends to play Mobile Forces with....