Thread: Problem saving in NCAA Gamebreaker 2001 for PS2?

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Problem saving in NCAA Gamebreaker 2001 for PS2?

Leave it to me to start a thread about a 7 year old college football game on the PS2. I wasn't sure if this belonged in Modern Gaming or the Tech Forum, since it is related to a game and not my system or memory card.

Anyway, I own a couple copies of NCAA Gamebreaker 2001 on PS2, with a couple different memory cards. My system works fine and so do the memory cards. Even the game does, in exhibition mode and when navigating the menus, etc. However, I am not able to save a Dynasty mode, settings or anything else from the game onto either memory card. I've tried both copies of the game, one of which was purchased new and the other which is in very good condition and cost me a couple dollars.

It seems the game hangs up when I try to save anything on either card. One card is third party but the other is first party. I've left it sitting, trying to save, for several minutes just in case the game takes an unusually long time to save but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I guess my question is if anyone else knows of a bug in the game or even has a copy they can "test" to see if they can save a Dynasty, settings or anything else from the game onto a card. I can live with playing single games but I bought the game to play in dynasty mode.
    Last edited by bangtango; 02-15-2008 at 08:57 AM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

What version PS2 are you using? There could be a Slim issue with the game, or that the game is all scratched up in just the right place to prevent proper saving.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    What version PS2 are you using? There could be a Slim issue with the game, or that the game is all scratched up in just the right place to prevent proper saving.
    One copy is brand new, the first one I owned, and it still won't save. The other is in good to very good condition and I picked that up on the cheap just in case my "new" copy had a bug. Neither one will save anything. It starts to but just hangs there, like a loading screen that just stays there for several minutes. The only way I can get it unstuck is to remove the memory card. I can do anything and everything in the game but save. I'm not sure of the model number but I am using the fat PS2. I haven't turned up anything about this issue online either because it could be a problem on my end or because there is just a total lack of interest in a 2001 989 Sports game.