Thread: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Announced and Free DLC for GH3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Announced and Free DLC for GH3

Heard on one of the financial channels this morning that Activision has officially announced the next installment of Guitar Hero. This one will feature Aerosmith with a few other bands thrown in as openers. Apparently, all of the members of Aerosmith did motion capture to make their on-screen counterparts more lifelike (hopefully better than the robot drummer of GH3).

They have also announced that from Feb 16-18, Dream On will be available as free DLC for GH3. Not a bad choice!

I'm pretty excited about this one. I've always enjoyed seeing Aerosmith perform and love most of their catalog. Seems like there are plenty of songs to pull into the game, but I wonder how many they will actually include. Fortunately most of their songs are very guitar heavy and I think they will be a lot of fun to play.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Free DLC is always a great thing and being an aerosmith song, man GH is really keeping their word on the DLC they promised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

ah aerosmith can't get enough of gaming after revolution x

that game was pretty good too.
    Last edited by walrusmonger; 02-15-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugh. I don't mind one or two Aerosmith songs, but I don't think I can stand and entire game filled with them. Think I'll sit this one out.

Is this officially supposed to be GH IV, or is it kind of like an expansion? Like how Rock The 80's was?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Is this officially supposed to be GH IV, or is it kind of like an expansion? Like how Rock The 80's was?
    This is an expansion, not the official GH4. This Aerosmith news was leaked months ago...doesn't anybody remember?
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    This is an expansion, not the official GH4. This Aerosmith news was leaked months ago...doesn't anybody remember?
    It was leaked by Joe Perry back in october or november, but they officially announced it today along with the free dlc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GnawRadar

I too will sit this game out. I like Aerosmith but I don't think I like them enough to get an entire game of their music. Besides Revolution X they had a song in end credits of Dead or Alive 4, but I have no idea what song.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I like Guitar Hero a lot, but I'm staying way the hell away from this one. What a horrible idea.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It'll be interesting to see how it sells. Apparently, Aerosmith is one of the top bands requested when they have talked to GH fans as well as people that don't have or play GH. The Aerosmith guys have apparently gone out of their way to work with them on this, something some of the other bands don't seem to be doing (Zep, ACDC, etc).

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I don't see it selling very well.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I'm still curious exactly WHY or HOW Green Day has managed to stay out of both Guitar Hero and Rock Band until now.

If this "expansion" is truly priced as one ($20 range) I'll surely pick it up ... if it's a $40-$60 affair like "Rocks the 80's" I'll probably pass, as I'm not too much of an Aerosmith fan.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's going to be full price from what I've seen.

And, I said this on another forum, but it bears repeating here: if there is a hell, it'll involve me playing GH: Aerosmith for all of eternity. Bleh.

There's also a rumored U2 GH game in the works, as well as GH4. I think this series is about to jump the shark, if they haven't already done so with the terrible Rocks the 80's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Other than the PS2 exclusivity, lack of bonus tracks and the exploitation-ally full-featured price - I didn't think Rocks the 80's was terrible.

Judging the game just on the track listing I thought it was above average.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 02-15-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Kickass!!
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Other than the PS2 exclusivity, lack of bonus tracks and the exploitation-ally full-featured price - I didn't think Rocks the 80's was terrible.

Judging the game just on the track listing I thought it was above average.
    Yeah, but a lot of them were cover versions with HORRIBLE vocals, and the fact that they charged full price for what was basically a expansion pack really didn't set well with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    Yeah, but a lot of them were cover versions with HORRIBLE vocals, and the fact that they charged full price for what was basically a expansion pack really didn't set well with me.
    And the fact that the game was absolutely no fun. Just because a song is fun to listen to doesn't mean it will be fun to play. At a glance the track list looked promising, but when my buddy and I sat down to play we got incredibly bored. There were maybe 7 fun songs out of the whole lot.

Everything also looked (and sounded) very half-assed, which really hurt because it constantly reminded us that we paid full price for this crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

turning japanese made it worth it.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    And the fact that the game was absolutely no fun. Just because a song is fun to listen to doesn't mean it will be fun to play. At a glance the track list looked promising, but when my buddy and I sat down to play we got incredibly bored. There were maybe 7 fun songs out of the whole lot.

Everything also looked (and sounded) very half-assed, which really hurt because it constantly reminded us that we paid full price for this crap.
    Well, whether or not a song in Guitar Hero or Rock Band is "good" is really relative.

I personally enjoyed the entire track listings, and didn't mind the cover versions. I thought that they were on-par with most of the covers in Guitar Hero I and II ... which both had some AWFUL versions of great songs (mostly issues with the vocals) and over-all all seem to be less than perfect ... yet, both of those games were fun despite that.

To me, yeah, in comparison it was probably the worst Guitar Hero release overall (mostly due to the lack of bonus content and the over-priced MSRP) but again, whether or not you liked the songs is a matter of personal taste, and I wouldn't consider the release "horrible" or below-average by any means.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Well, whether or not a song in Guitar Hero or Rock Band is "good" is really relative.

I personally enjoyed the entire track listings, and didn't mind the cover versions. I thought that they were on-par with most of the covers in Guitar Hero I and II ... which both had some AWFUL versions of great songs (mostly issues with the vocals) and over-all all seem to be less than perfect ... yet, both of those games were fun despite that.

To me, yeah, in comparison it was probably the worst Guitar Hero release overall (mostly due to the lack of bonus content and the over-priced MSRP) but again, whether or not you liked the songs is a matter of personal taste, and I wouldn't consider the release "horrible" or below-average by any means.
    What I'm saying is that the songs weren't fun to play. I actually liked most of the songs, enough at least that I would stop the dial if they were on the radio. But a vast majority of them were dull as hell to play. It's been months since I've played it so I can't give any specific examples, I just remember being bored and thinking, "Well maybe the NEXT song will be fun". You're right though, this is all personal preference.