Thread: More questions about things in my collection. Please help. 02/27

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default More questions about things in my collection. Please help. 02/27

Hi, I got these two thing in my collection but I haven't been able to find much information on these two things.

MORE STUFF

the first three are some old Lor of the Rings things for Macintosh I guess???
    the second is Super Pac-Man for Pc or PC JR I think. I searched 'Super Pac-Man" and just got some SNES and Genesis ports. The Last is "Street Fighting Man" or as I like to call it, the gayest video game cover of all time. I'm guessing that that's for PC as well.

The first thing is a Castlevania game. It says Commodore 64/128 on the bottom left but on the back it shows pictures for Commodore, Amiga, and IBM. I'm not too knowlegeable about stuff pre Nintendo and I'm assuming that this is essentially equivilant to a modern day PC port to a console game.

The second thing is a "reset disc" for the original Xbox. This was used by the Microsoft reps that would come into stores to erase any memory saved on the Xbox display cosole. I don't know if they would give each store one of these or if the rep would only have one and then use it for all of the store they would go to but they left one in the store I worked at at the time and I took it. I haven't heard too much about this and couldn't find it on the rarity guide on this site.
    Last edited by emceelokey; 02-28-2008 at 12:24 AM.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Is that thing still sealed?!

Yes, Konami converted many of their games to the C64 in the late 80s and early 90s including Nemesis, Contra, Metal Gear, Castlevania, Double Dribble, Jackal, The Simpsons Arcade and a few more. Some they developed in the US, some they licensed to UK software houses and then just released the British programmed versions in the US themselves (Turtles Arcade, Nemesis, Green Beret/Rush 'n Attack, Contra/Gryzor etc).

You wanna make some money, stick the Castlevania on eBay... it should go for over $100 easily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The other is a refresh disk for the xbox. They are kinda common. I bought mine for $23 off of epay. Most people want an arm and a leg for them, but they don't sell that great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

C64 Castlevania is really rare, I protect that one, not sure about the xbox disc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You serious about the Castlevania?! And yes it is sealed. I actually found it in a Goodwill for $2 and I just bought it because it was a Castlevania game. I just figured it was an old pc game. The first thing I did was check ebay and couldn't find any auctions on it and then I googled it and still couldn't find anything on it. I'm just so used to seeing a lot of ports of pc games (by pc I mean not on Nintendo) at closeout stores like Ross or Marshalls that I don't even think twice about PC games anymore. I remember when I was like 8 years old and seeing a Ninja Turtle game in a dump bin in a Marshalls and being excited but it was in a weird box that wasn't Nintendo and was quickly dissapointed and therefor my hatred for PC ports began.

Interesting though. It has a hang tab so it's just sitting on my wall getting dusty. I dusted it off last night when I took that picture as well as a few of my toys that are hanging on my wall as well. I'll hang on to that for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump for more inquires

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump. help with more info please