Quote Originally Posted by duo_r View Post
Ok excuse me, CR2450...now should that be replaced sometime soon?
Cool scans, nice to see confirmation that yes, it definitely is a CR2450 as I had heard. I said it earlier in the thread I think, but the CR2450 isn't exactly used often by game system saves... it's interesting that they chose it.

As for your question, the 2450 is a larger capacity battery than the standard 2032, so most likely it won't die quite as soon as a 2032-backed cart would be, unless it's drawing a lot of power, of course, that would determine how long it lasts (that is, if they used a larger battery because it uses more power). Most of the CD Backup RAM Carts do seem to be still working from what I've heard though, and they're over 15 years old, so maybe those carts really do last longer thanks to the higher-capacity battery...

Anyway, of course they will die sometime, so sure it could be replaced, that would probably keep the cart going for a long time if they last as long as the batteries have so far. You'd just need the correct kind of battery and the skill (or someone with the skill) to replace cart batteries.