Page 114 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3293

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is the first one of his vids I've watched in a while, mostly because I hate all of the Super Star Wars games. That's right, there are way too many cheap shots in those games, I hate playing them for the same reason I hate playing games like Chakan.

I laughed about the beer droid pelting him with beers, and that was about it. I agree with the problem with this guy's use of profanity. It just isn't funny, except maybe to repressed teenagers.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Also, what was the deal with the animal crapping in the end? It made no sense. Was this supposed to be a Star Wars referral that was lost to me?
    I have no idea. I suppose that was to make up for the lack of profanity throughout the rest of the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

At first the video was kind of lame, but it turned out good. A lot of funny jokes there about the special editions. The beer droid was a great idea.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Also, what was the deal with the animal crapping in the end? It made no sense. Was this supposed to be a Star Wars referral that was lost to me?
    I reckon he must still be building towards something, what with #100 coming up.

Did anyone else keep hearing "fluent controls" ? I hope he was actually trying to say "fluid".

Also, didn't Darth Vader turn into a bug in Turkish Star Wars?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    I reckon he must still be building towards something, what with #100 coming up.

Did anyone else keep hearing "fluent controls" ? I hope he was actually trying to say "fluid".

Also, didn't Darth Vader turn into a bug in Turkish Star Wars?
    It's not nearly as grating as having some reviewers say "fustrating" instead of "frustrating."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dunno..i watch each and every video and some are hit and miss, i like the more informative ones like Atari 5200 or Adv of Link,as well as reviews of say StreetFighter 2010..i didnt care for the recent xmas episode, not for me. Neither was this one. I think for now he's lost some focus on his work and all the fan worship has gone to his head a bit (his cinemassacre site has lots of that..) Plus hes under pressure to please everybody and cuss more or do videos this way or that, so whatever style he does it in i enjoy as long as he does it good.

he shouldnt be out to please anyone and just do what he thinks is the best route for jokes in the script or whatever the episode calls for. If he doesnt have the time hardly or isnt feeling some of these, i'd say dont do them, but then again some have to get out the door and make way for other episodes..maybe this one has been on the chopping block for a while, who knows.Either way, i see him doing some sort of retrospective+either a bunch of short reviews on a particular topic or a real requested game for his 100th. I always look forward to what he does and i know we all have ups and downs quality wise..
    ps what IS that buffalo part about anyway? sounded stuck for a conclusion to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    yeah my av looks exactly like TEH GAME DUDERS crippled face

also i crashed early to sleep last night so i didn't see this episode till today
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another good, informative episode! Why did Darth Vader turn into a giant scorpion??

Also, wasn't there a Star Wars Arcade port on the 5200? The 2600 version looks impressive...nice 3D effect that actually changes perspective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Also, wasn't there a Star Wars Arcade port on the 5200? The 2600 version looks impressive...nice 3D effect that actually changes perspective.
    That, and there is a Colecovision port as well.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Another solid video. Not his best but still of the quality expected.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

I assumed the ending was just a "we have to cut this off or we could keep going on forever" kinda deal. It was unexpected and amusing enough.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    This is the first one of his vids I've watched in a while, mostly because I hate all of the Super Star Wars games. That's right, there are way too many cheap shots in those games, I hate playing them for the same reason I hate playing games like Chakan.
    I also hate the Super Star Wars games, some of the worst Star Wars games I've ever played. They're just way too difficult and the gameplay isn't fun enough to warrant me to keep playing. I was hoping he would bash them, but unfortunately he raved about them :S.

Those Atari games looked fairly bad though, especially the Return of the Jedi one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I also hate the Super Star Wars games, some of the worst Star Wars games I've ever played. They're just way too difficult and the gameplay isn't fun enough to warrant me to keep playing. I was hoping he would bash them, but unfortunately he raved about them :S.

Those Atari games looked fairly bad though, especially the Return of the Jedi one.
    What? The Super games were great... except for the bosses, which he's right about. They have way too much energy.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought the 2600 Star Wars Arcade port looked impressive. Empire Strikes Back was boring and repetitive. Jedi Arena...interesting concept, but poor execution.

I had read about an Ewok glider game by Parker Bros. that was never released, too:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/ewok/ewok.htm

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    What? The Super games were great... except for the bosses, which he's right about. They have way too much energy.
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

It's been a long time since I played the games, but I remember the big problem with the bosses was your gun. Die enough times and it goes down enough levels that you'd do more damage by chucking rocks at it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    It's been a long time since I played the games, but I remember the big problem with the bosses was your gun. Die enough times and it goes down enough levels that you'd do more damage by chucking rocks at it.
    Yeah, you were best served by grinding out the highest tier blaster before progressing. Kinda like what you could do in the interior of the first and second stage in Bionic Commando.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    He's been describing controls as "fluent" for many a review now, and while it's not the common usage, a quick dictionary reference reveals: easy; graceful: (eg. fluent motion; fluent curves). It's the use of "redundant" that I find more questionable, he's almost always tossing it out to describe something boring or monotonous, as in "this boss battle is the most redundant thing ever". Doesn't really apply if you're getting frustrated by a hugely long life bar or tedious strategy. No biggie, just a bit embarrassing to listen to.

As for the buffalo crapping in the window, I figured it was just an amusingly non-sequitur sort of conclusion referring to, if nothing else, the theme song. Buffaloes and diarrhea dumps and all that. Funny video, thought it was awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The ending of his Star Wars video is hilarious, always great to watch the Nerd videos !

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    I thought the 2600 Star Wars Arcade port looked impressive. Empire Strikes Back was boring and repetitive. Jedi Arena...interesting concept, but poor execution.

I had read about an Ewok glider game by Parker Bros. that was never released, too:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/ewok/ewok.htm
    Rob, Parker Brothers made good games back then. However, that was usually just with arcade ports. Frogger, Mr. Do, Popeye, Q*bert, etc. Though some original titles were good, like Moctezuma's Revenge. That can't be said for Star Wars. Empire, Jedi Arena, and Death Star were all lousy. Ironically, Ewok was the best game and they didn't release it. I know James doesn't like to show emu roms on his show, but I think he made a mistake by not showing game footage of Ewok. He could have gone off on how it was the best game and all.

The Famicom game is not a surprise it was so difficult, seems to have been a Famicom trend with licensed games. While they are hard, I really liked the Super Star Wars games. Graphics, music, and action were really good. But to this day, no SW games will have the affect that X-Wing and Dark Forces did for me on the PC. When I got those, I couldn't believe how realistic they were and it really rekindled the Star Wars bug for me. I became a "super fan," right up until Episode I was released.....
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK