Page 146 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3293

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Do you figure it's easy to do filming at the Vasquez rocks?
    Being that a number of the productions just have them looming in the background (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lming_location), yes, I do.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a new Angry Video Game Nerd episode out. This one is about Tiger Electronic handhelds.

http://cinemassacre.com/2013/09/06/a...er-electronic/

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

That was pretty funny. I like it when he does more academic, historical-type videos. I didn't own any of the Tiger games he mentioned, but I know I had some handheld games of that sort as a kid.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually liked this.

I can't believe that R-zone thing. to go from game.com, which actually seemed like a legit portal system back to the LCD games is just weird.

though come on,..... everybody have tiger electronic games as a kid and we all loved them.
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was a kid I got a Castlevania Tiger game, and my grandma was disgusted you collect hearts in the game from what the back packaging said, so she took me back to the store to return it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a lot of nostalgia for those Tiger games. I had a few nondescript ones (baseball and pinball), and the Konami TMNT one. But I always want one.

This is going up there with my favorite AVGN episodes, right alongside Swordquest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

Hopefully he'll put this video to Youtube like all his other ones. Whatever he has running on his site won't let me save the video.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2099 View Post
    Hopefully he'll put this video to Youtube like all his other ones. Whatever he has running on his site won't let me save the video.
    I just buy the DVDs. Saves me time and supports an entertainer I enjoy. Then I rip them with Handbrake and boom.

But yeah, I don't think he'll stop putting the videos on Youtube after a while.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I can't even watch the video, none of the videos on his site are loading for me right now. I have no problems with other Youtube or Blip videos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I can't even watch the video, none of the videos on his site are loading for me right now. I have no problems with other Youtube or Blip videos.
    This video seems to be using something called JW Player, which is flash-based. It also seems to be proprietary; their website will sell it to you for $49.95.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

This video seems to be using something called JW Player, which is flash-based. It also seems to be proprietary; their website will sell it to you for $49.95.
    I can still watch JW Player videos from other sites, just not from his site. Do his videos still work for anyone else?

This is the link I see when I right click the box where the video should be. It's just a blank white box that says "Loading Video".
    http://player.screenwavemedia.com/pl...-52273484b87b2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

That's really weird. It works just fine for me. I clicked that link and the video came right up. How very strange.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Great episode by James, really funny. The Game Com and the R Zone are probably two of the shittiest games systems ever invented. I couldn't believe it when I first saw them back then.

I had many Tiger, Konami, Bandai, etc. LCD games, and most sucked for sure. I played them simply because they were portable, and though I still have a few, like James says, I cannot go back and play them. He did fail to mention that many of the smaller ones ran on watch batteries, which were a huge pain and expense back then to get as a kid.

PS: Eventually the videos go to YouTube.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0) fairyland's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dunno...he has a sweet collection of those tabletop arcade LEDs and they are just as limited. I currently own about 30 Tigers and 100 handhelds. I really love how they look and Tiger defines a certain period in gaming history much like how Coleco ruled before that with their various handhelds and then Nintendo with their Game and Watches. These things usually looks way better than they play but they are pretty fun to collect. I've always been razzed about collecting the Tigers, but I still buy them whenever I find them at garage sales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I remember those things were hella expensive when they first came out, actually.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

The Castlevania Simons quest game was the first video game I ever owned. I played it on the bus home from school all the time and i could beat it.

Cherry (Level 1) leatherrebel5150's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I can still watch JW Player videos from other sites, just not from his site. Do his videos still work for anyone else?

This is the link I see when I right click the box where the video should be. It's just a blank white box that says "Loading Video".
    http://player.screenwavemedia.com/pl...-52273484b87b2
    Update your flash. I had the same problem this solved it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All of his videos, including this one, are on Youtube.

This one wasn't as imaginative as many of his other reviews, and I think it suggests that he is getting tired of the AVGN persona. This review was very informative, though. I never had heard of the R-Zone before.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

Quote Originally Posted by badinsults View Post
    All of his videos, including this one, are on Youtube.

This one wasn't as imaginative as many of his other reviews, and I think it suggests that he is getting tired of the AVGN persona. This review was very informative, though. I never had heard of the R-Zone before.
    Like I said, I kinda prefer the informative reviews. Like when he talked about the Atari 5200, the Virtual Boy, or even the various Pong Consoles. I like learning about the history of gaming.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by fairyland View Post
    I dunno...he has a sweet collection of those tabletop arcade LEDs and they are just as limited. I currently own about 30 Tigers and 100 handhelds. I really love how they look and Tiger defines a certain period in gaming history much like how Coleco ruled before that with their various handhelds and then Nintendo with their Game and Watches. These things usually looks way better than they play but they are pretty fun to collect. I've always been razzed about collecting the Tigers, but I still buy them whenever I find them at garage sales.
    The table tops are more advanced than the Tiger LCD's. Plus they look a lot cooler. He didn't go after the Game & Watch though, his main issue was how Tiger sold LCD games that tried to do too much. Like I said, I still have several from the 80's that would be fun to play but I'm not bothering with watch batteries anymore. I used to play Tiger Football for hours and hours. Not to mention my favorite was this Head to Head talking baseball.

What Tiger did in the 90's though was pretty absurd. Sonic, Street Fighter, Batman Returns??? They should have given up by then and moved to a newer technology.

BTW, James likely only had the original Super Screen version, but there were two subsequent R-Zone's. First was the R-Zone XPG (Xtreme Pocket Game) which used the same reflective mini-screen and red colors, but was entirely hand held. Still looked terrible. Last was the R-Zone Super Screen, which scrapped the red entirely, and was basically a Tiger LCD hand-held with a magnifying glass attached and used interchangeable carts. I had a magnifier/light for Tiger games, still do in fact!

The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK