Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Wait 'til the episode where he shits on a PS3.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    He needs to play shitty games asap.
    Agreein' with this.

And lol @ kupomogli. "Ooooo he sucks so much and I hate watching him, but let me watch this video a 6th time so I can bitch about it".
    Yeah, I despise the Game Dude or whatever and I think the Talking Classics retard is the least funniest gaming reviewer on the 'net, but you don't see me writing boring college theses no one's going to read on why they suck whenever they update.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He seems a little tired of his old "cursing and playing" routine. I'd have him over the GameOverthinker though.
    Last edited by Hari Seldon; 11-20-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    Wait 'til the episode where he shits on a PS3.
    I assume that we'll be getting a doctoral thesis-length paper from kupomogli when that day occurs.

And I third the argument that the AVGN needs to go back to bad games. While these Castlevania reviews haven't been my favorites, I still enjoy just about every video he does. My personal enjoyment of his stuff is as big as it ever was.
    Settle down, raise a family, join the PTA
    Buy some sensible shoes and a Chevrolet
    And party 'till you're broke and they drag you away
    It's okay, you can dare to be stupid

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Good Lord, I don't think James needs all these psychoanalysts. I learned a lot from his CV reviews. I like it when he reviews good games, too.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree completely with James, in that I enjoyed SC4 more over SOTN. Overall a decent video even though he glanced over Bloodlines.

Strawberry (Level 2) tomaitheous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I thought this most recent review sucked. This seems to just be a really quick one he pushed out. Though he was correct on the CV series really following the SotN formula afterwards, though OoE you did have different outside backgrounds as well as DoS(somewhat.)

Okay. First I'll talk about what I liked about the review most. The ending. How he displayed the ending of SCV4 with scenes of previous levels and then showed alot of parts on all the CV titles. It looked really nice how he did that. I also liked how he actually gave good information on SotN.

Here's what I didn't like about the review though. The Bloodlines review just wasn't there. It's like he mentioned it, said it wasn't as good as SCV4, then moved onto SotN. What? Why? If you gave detailed reasons on stuff you did and didn't like on CV, CV2, CV3, and CV4, why not do the same for Bloodlines?

There are plenty of things he could have said about Bloodlines as well. Other than the fact that there are two different characters, he failed to mention how these two characters differ. John Morris attacking diagonal but only in upward directions while jumping, where Eric Lecard could actually attack straight up as well as the upward directions if on the ground. Or that John could whip onto a ledge and swing across or that you could hold down with Eric to do a High Jump. Also each character throughout the game had branching areas depending on which one you played, meaning that only playing both characters you'd see the entire game. The final thing is how many unique ideas that there were in stages on Bloodlines, an example is on stage 5 with the mirrored room and the upside down room, none of which were given any recognition, yet he mentioned the mode 7 in stage 4 on Super Castlevania 4 which looked cool but didn't effect anything really. Last there was literally no mention on any of the great bosses on Bloodlines. So yeah, he did nothing more than mention the name, the reference to the movie Dracula, and that was it. There's so much more that he could have said but he just didn't really do any sort of a review than throwing this last video together quickly.

Then the review also gave false information and was misinformative for those who may have never seen the original copy of Dawn of Sorrow. He mentioned that "In Dawn of Sorrow, Dracula's castle returns in an eclipse above Japan" which isn't correct. Instead, he was thinking of Aria of Sorrow. In Dawn of Sorrow, Dracula's castle was a replication created by Celia so it actually wasn't even Dracula's castle at all but rather a base for the cult that Celia led. Also the Dawn of Sorrow copy he had was a rereleased copy and not the original, yet in his review how he talked it was like he was describing the cover as the original release.

The only other part that bothered me in the review was one part with SotN when he was talking about whenever you die you go right back to the start menu after having to wait to hear the game over. First off, SotN is easy as hell so you should never hear that more than once or twice even for some one new at the game, unless you're fighting Galamoth for the first time and don't know any of the tricks on the game. So it was pointless to even put that into the review when he could have been referencing stuff far more important, like, oh I don't know, actually saying something about Bloodlines? The only reason why I assume he's bitching about the game over screen is he sucks more at games than I previously thought. Right before he mentioned it, it showed him DYING AT SLOGRA AND GAIBON. The first boss in the game and one of the easiest bosses at that. That was just sad.

There was also the part when he mentioned Shaft. Being a fan of Castlevania and hearing Shaft jokes and references no less than a couple thousand times I assumed he would do the same in his video.
    So... you're complaining because he didn't go on about how Bloodlines sucks? 'Cause it totally sucks. Worse castlevania game in the 16bit era (with 8bit CV3 possibly beating it out). The best thing that came out of Bloodlines, was PoR.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is he ever gonna do any Neo Geo reviews? He obviously has one...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomaitheous View Post
    So... you're complaining because he didn't go on about how Bloodlines sucks? 'Cause it totally sucks. Worse castlevania game in the 16bit era (with 8bit CV3 possibly beating it out). The best thing that came out of Bloodlines, was PoR.
    "Worst CV game in the 16 bit era(with 8bit CV3 possibly beating it out.)"

Are you really Japanese and using Google translate before you post? I know what you meant, but the way you presented this sentence is like you're saying that the 8bit CV3 is 16bit.

Anyways, when it comes to 16ibit CV games there's really not much to choose from that are in the classic style. You have Akumajou Densetsu X68000/Castlevania Chronicles, Super Castlevania 4, Dracula X, and Dracula XX. The SNES Dracula XX, while a good game, is easily the worst of them.

I prefer Super Castlevania 4 over Bloodlines as well, but the fact that he reviewed every other game and just gave almost no information at all about Bloodlines then went to Symphony of the Night just proves how lazy this review was. Like I said previously. The best part about this review was James' speech at the end about the classic games and also the work that Mike Matei most likely did right after.

But yeah. Let's give James a break for being lazy and making a shitty review all because it's a second income.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"
    But yeah. Let's give James a break for being lazy and making a shitty review all because it's a second income.
    His castlevania reviews were anything but lazy. It was a gigantic 4 part retrospective. It was FOUR parts, longer and more involved then any other review he has done. The closet before this was the CD-I videos.

Nothing lazy about it. If the bloodlines part was too short for you, oh well. Nobody else really seems to have a problem with it.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvis8atari View Post
    His castlevania reviews were anything but lazy. It was a gigantic 4 part retrospective. It was FOUR parts, longer and more involved then any other review he has done. The closet before this was the CD-I videos.
    What kind of retarded logic are you trying to come up with. Oooo wow, it's four parts. Whether it's one part of whether it's four different parts doesn't mean its any different.

He released each Castlevania review two weeks a part. His reviews are usually around two weeks a part. So if the "GIGANTIC FOUR PART RETROSPECTIVE OMG Z" wasn't released, we would have received four other reviews in the same amount of time.

So yes, James was lazy as hell on his fourth review. Not only did he not talk about Bloodlines nearly at all, he spent a third of the video bitching about how sucks and he has to wait for the title screen, giving false information about Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow on two accounts instead of verifying the bs information he torws out before throwing it out there. If he's getting paid he should do the work for it rather than throw it out there and assume it's correct. The rest of the fourth review was ass, that's the least he could do.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So yes, James was lazy as hell on his fourth review. Not only did he not talk about Bloodlines nearly at all, he spent a third of the video bitching about how sucks and he has to wait for the title screen, giving false information about Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow on two accounts instead of verifying the bs information he torws out before throwing it out there. If he's getting paid he should do the work for it rather than throw it out there and assume it's correct. The rest of the fourth review was ass, that's the least he could do.
    Don't you REALLY hate the AVGN videos? I mean, that's the impression I always get when I read your comments. If that's the case, why do you insist on continuing to watch them?

I'm being completely serious here. You've practically written thesis papers on how much you hate the guy's videos, and yet you continue to torture yourself. Is it masochism, or are you that desperate for attention?

Quote Originally Posted by eastbayarb View Post
    Is he ever gonna do any Neo Geo reviews? He obviously has one...
    I think that he'll eventually get around to a console retrospective of the Neo Geo; the only problem I can see is there's probably not all that much to complain about.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Not only did he not talk about Bloodlines nearly at all
    Personally I think you're like the Howard Stern audience that hates/despises him, but listens every day anyway because you have to know what stupid thing he'll do next so that you can ponder why he's so popular and rant about it.

I love the stuff. If you read thes forums James (you're a braver man than I) keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Nature Boy; 11-26-2009 at 11:35 AM.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just in case you aren't familiar with his work. He makes Internet video reviews about his opinion on video games while taking a shit on a guy in a Bug's Bunny costume.

-Sosage

WTF is a Dim-Mac?!?!?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

What you see:

What I see:

Bitch bitch bitch, biiiitch bitch bitch bitch biiiiitttcchhh bitch bitch bitch biiiiiiiiitch bitch moan cry bitch bitch whine bitch. Bitch bitchhhhh bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. Moan. Whiny cry bitch, whine bitch bitch. Bitch moan cry bitch bitch whine bitch. Bitch bitchhhhh bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. Moan. Whiny cry bitch, whine bitch bitch.
    We get it. You don't like him. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaeljason View Post
    I'm being completely serious here. You've practically written thesis papers on how much you hate the guy's videos, and yet you continue to torture yourself. Is it masochism, or are you that desperate for attention?
    It's because he's a troll. Which is why I give him shit on any post he makes, bitching or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    It's because he's a troll. Which is why I give him shit on any post he makes, bitching or not.
    I know that, but I feel like it would have been really rewarding to see him admit it.

But yeah, I think it's best for me to start ignoring him. Does this site have a block feature, or should I start giving him the exact same kind of shit until he goes bye-bye?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As an aside, I think the videos/site are his only source of income. I recall reading a while ago on his site that he started this as a joke, it turned into something bigger, then he got the offers to do the AVGN, the trips to comic con and such, and basically that's his living now.

Oh and expect a ton of board games reviews this year. At the last convention he bought a shit ton (literally took a few trips to get it out) of board games. Either he really likes collecting them or they'll serve a purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So yes, James was lazy as hell on his fourth review. Not only did he not talk about Bloodlines nearly at all, he spent a third of the video bitching about how it sucks
    Then quit watching him It seems all you do is bitch about everything on this site. From all the people above me it seems everyone is getting sick of you bitching.

Cherry (Level 1) PresidentLeever's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomaitheous View Post
    'Cause it totally sucks. Worse castlevania game in the 16bit era (with 8bit CV3 possibly beating it out). The best thing that came out of Bloodlines, was PoR.
    Bloodlines was way better than SNES Dracula X, and would've trumped SCIV too if not for the unlockable hard mode and excellent music in that game.

The nerds lack of enthusiasm for talking about the game did piss me off a bit because I think he actually makes good points in his reviews, whether they're negative or positive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vivaeljason View Post
    But yeah, I think it's best for me to start ignoring him. Does this site have a block feature....
    Why would you do this? Some of the best entertainment on these forums is watching kopumogla get all butthurt over some youtube videos.