Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The King of Fighters XII Thread

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Solertia View Post
    Care to replicate it for those of us who don't have Facebook logins/profiles?
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    I Am Your Face
    PSN
    Solertia

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Gladly.

Hello KOFXII Fans:

As we stated yesterday, we are currently in serious talks with SNK PLAYMORE about getting some of the online/netcode and functional concerns addressed as soon as possible. We have also passed along the top DLC requests that the fans are making so they can be very much aware of what people want. Here are some of the requests we have specifically passed along to SNK PLAYMORE:

FUNCTIONAL ISSUES:
    1. Netcode performance improvements **HIGHEST PRIORITY**

2. Ability to search for game sessions by connection speeds

3. Adding the ability for players and spectators to quit out of online matches

4. Addition of “kick” or “remove player” option from host lobbies

5. Various game play bugs, including the Raiden/Elizabeth critical combo bug

6. Ability to cancel or back out of the character selection screen

DLC FAN REQUESTS:
    Additional Characters (and yes, Mai is on top of the list we provided SNK)
    Additional Stages
    Ability to Color Edit Characters
    Endless Survival Mode
    Endless Time Attack Modes
    Challenge Mode

We will keep you informed of any progress made with SNK PLAYMORE and we again thank you for the incredible support. We encourage you to continue with the constructive feedback, as we are fans of the series too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Relax, Frankie.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    Relax, Frankie.
    What makes you think I'm not?

I just don't have a Facebook and I was interested in what Ignition have to say.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

What makes you think I'm not?

I just don't have a Facebook and I was interested in what Ignition have to say.
    You don't need a Facebook account to read the post. Click on the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    I Am Your Face
    PSN
    Solertia

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    You don't need a Facebook account to read the post. Click on the link.
    No, he was right. When I clicked it to replicate it for him I got hit by the login screen. But relax, guys, it was a humble request and I was happy to grant it.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Odd. I'm not logged into Facebook and didn't get any sort of login screen. Maybe they locked it down after a while?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Let's hope we start seeing DLC quickly. Though, honestly, it'll probably be a while until we see anything, if they've not started on fan favorites already (such as Mai). Last I read, it took a single animator a day to complete a frame and a half for a given character.

Hopefully the DLC won't be too expensive. It does feel as though we bought the skeleton of a game, not a complete one (even though it has basically the same features as the arcade games did, minus a million characters). This is probably reinforced by how much stuff BlazBlue has out of the box.

Aside from characters, I'd like an in-game movelist in practice mode!
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djbeatmongrel View Post
    After 2 days of having this game I don't think it's as bad as most of your are making it out to be. Yes it is barebones. Yes there's some bugs. Yes some characters are absent and others are a bit bare bones.

But what is saving this for me is this: This is the first time since the KoF series inception that the sprites have been completely redone which would make sense that a lot of moves arent there. The other factor is that the gameplay engine is damn good. Its hard to knock the balance this game has.

I'm thinking I may play some KoF 94 to see how this compares.
    But the problem is that this was not a discount game like the other SNK collections. This is a full price $60 release and it didn't even include all the freebies that Blaz Blue did for the same price, let alone provide a polished game. I'm sorry, but as someone who has supported SNK for many, many years including buying many AES games at full price on release, I find this totally unacceptable. For $60, you have to have your game at the same level as every other $60 release which means fully working on-line, minimal or no bugs and a full roster of characters. You don't get a pass just because you're SNK or you don't have the same resources you once did. It really makes me sad that people are defending this piece of junk. And yes, I did actually pay full price for this game and I feel really stupid for having done so as it will be in the bargain bin very shortly I'm sure.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    But the problem is that this was not a discount game like the other SNK collections. This is a full price $60 release and it didn't even include all the freebies that Blaz Blue did for the same price, let alone provide a polished game. I'm sorry, but as someone who has supported SNK for many, many years including buying many AES games at full price on release, I find this totally unacceptable. For $60, you have to have your game at the same level as every other $60 release which means fully working on-line, minimal or no bugs and a full roster of characters. You don't get a pass just because you're SNK or you don't have the same resources you once did. It really makes me sad that people are defending this piece of junk. And yes, I did actually pay full price for this game and I feel really stupid for having done so as it will be in the bargain bin very shortly I'm sure.
    I paid full price for it as well and i don't see what the problem is with the title. Yes i like what SNK does but I don't go crazy over them but as someone whos played a shit ton of 2d fighters i don't see the problem with this game. Maybe its because I focus on the fighting and versus play more than I care about story modes with crazy boss battles but the game is solid in a "back to basics" sort of way in that respect. Since it appears they are making an effort to rectify the other problem issues I'm willing to sit back a sec before I piss and moan about being jipped.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Bojay, if you're comparing the roster of characters keep in mind KOF XII has almost twice as many characters as BlazBlue. It's not as many as older KOFs, and I would have rather had more as well, but it's not completely barebones.

The online is just not acceptable, though. It's very, very poor performance in its current state. I'll be very upset if this doesn't get fixed. I'm happy I have the game - it's an excellent game played offline - but I don't feel as though I got my money's worth with the broken online since that's a major game feature.

Speaking of online - any Ontario PS3 players here? I've heard that you can sometimes get acceptable performance within the same general area.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by djbeatmongrel View Post
    I paid full price for it as well and i don't see what the problem is with the title. Yes i like what SNK does but I don't go crazy over them but as someone whos played a shit ton of 2d fighters i don't see the problem with this game. Maybe its because I focus on the fighting and versus play more than I care about story modes with crazy boss battles
    I agree completely - I really don't understand the complaints about the lack of single player modes. It's a fighting game - the core of the game is its multiplayer. Single-player modes are a bonus, not something you spend most of the game with. The core gameplay is very solid and that's what I expect from a fighting game. (Though I also expect the online multiplayer to work properly! Again, that is something they need to fix soon - I'm glad they're working on it, but it should have been working out of the box.)
    Last edited by Vlcice; 07-30-2009 at 10:30 PM.