Thread: Atari XEGS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Atari XEGS

What is my atari XE system worth? I have the keyboard, one atari XE colored joystick, the power brick and the light gun. I only know that the system powers on, I don't have any games to test it with. Although if it accepts a NES RF cable I may be able to see if it sends a signal...

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    I only know that the system powers on, I don't have any games to test it with. Although if it accepts a NES RF cable I may be able to see if it sends a signal...
    It's worth $30-$40 if it works. You don't need any games to test it. It's a computer with BASIC OS and it also has Missile Command built in, so you can fully test its functionality without any cartridges. You'll need either an RF cable set-up (w/ manual switch box or coaxial adapter) or standard mono AV cable (same type as used by the NES toaster) to set it up to a TV...a NES RF box won't cut it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PingvinBlueJeans For This Useful Post:

Slate (08-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PingvinBlueJeans View Post
    It's worth $30-$40 if it works. You don't need any games to test it. It's a computer with BASIC OS and it also has Missile Command built in, so you can fully test its functionality without any cartridges. You'll need either an RF cable set-up (w/ manual switch box or coaxial adapter) or standard mono AV cable (same type as used by the NES toaster) to set it up to a TV...a NES RF box won't cut it.
    I hooked it up to a TV but I'm not getting a screen. The TV screen does change when I turn the XE system on but I am not getting a blue screen or anything similar to that. How do I start missile command?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    I hooked it up to a TV but I'm not getting a screen. The TV screen does change when I turn the XE system on but I am not getting a blue screen or anything similar to that. How do I start missile command?
    If you start up the system without the keyboard plugged in, Missile Command should load up. With the keyboard plugged in, it should go into BASIC. Either way you should get something.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PingvinBlueJeans For This Useful Post:

Slate (08-14-2018)