Thread: Prediction: The Xbox won't age well as a console.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I leave for one night and this is what I come back to??

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmount View Post
    You ever thought maybe I didn't like the games on Xbox , did that cross your mind so my perception is skewered cause (Shock) I have a different opinion!??
    Funny you should say that because I had expected to post this today: both you and Boat obviously do NOT like the Xbox. I know it's your opinion, but no sane gamer could honestly say the Xbox(which popularized fps's, pioneered online gaming and brought it to the masses and made hard drives a requirement, along with having many of the best games of the last generation) is going to be a forgetable system unless they truely detest it. I can't stand the N64 controller but you won't hear me saying it's a forgetable/worthless system. So Boat should have titled this thread "Why I hate the Xbox" because we can all see beneath the thin veil he layed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmont
    2. Mainstream Games: I recall saying Ps2 no? Plus most of the games 1st appeared on Playstation 2 I didn't really need a port of Gta 3 a game that I already bought. Heck I could have a Ps2 and a Gamecube than I would still have a majority of the releases so no need for an Xbox.
    That still isn't making a very strong case for the Gamecube though. If you had to choose just one system last gen and you chose the GC over the Xbox, you would have missed out on the majority of the best mainstream games. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmont
    3. Ports:The only actual exclusive on that list is Otogi since there are numerous ports of those games on different systems already, even Ninja Gaiden , Fable , Jade Empire , Kotr , Kotr 2 and Halo 2 . Doesn't make me want to go back to my Xbox considering I have other numerous and possibly better places to play some of those games. Though I have a certain affinity of the Snes version of Doom over the PC version. My point is the Xbox was good for ports but there are better ports than the ports on Xbox now in this day and age.
    This is going to be fun. All those games were Xbox console exclusives for the last gen. I'm pretty sure I said that before. We aren't comparing consoles to pc's here. We are comparing console exclusives on the Xbox to console exclusives on the Gamecube. I'm fairly certain you can't play Kotor 1+2, Halo 2, Fable or Ninja Gaiden Black on any console but the Xbox(or 360). Yes the PS3 got Ninja Gaiden Stigma, but what did the Gamecube get? So you failed on that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmount
    4. Graphics: yes the Xbox had processing power , doesn't mean much to me if its not aesthetically pleasing. I recall the mundane and dreary colored and washed out Splinter Cell. Graphics in a game should be consistent , appealing not dark and muddy or washed out. Something the Xbox couldn't pull off with a regular output yet when it comes to that Xbox is outdone by a Turbo Grafx's sharp color and detail.
    Huh? The Xbox was the only last gen system that could regularly output in 720p(for the games that supported it). And wait a minute....did you just say the Turbo Grafx had better visuals than the Xbox I'll let everyone else handle that one for me.

5. Cult hits:As for cult hits I think once I step into 1 cult hit for Xbox , I could find 5 more on Playstation 2 for every cult hit that was on Xbox.
    Perhaps, but for every 1 cult hit on the Gamecube you could find 10 on the Xbox.

How are you going to call him out without seeming hypocritical?
    He knows I love him. And he is a big Nintendo fan. Theres nothing wrong with that. I was just pointing out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    You're right, I can't predict the future, but that's what this thread is all about, so I'm just going along with it.

You missed my point. I'm not bashing the Xbox or blindly defending the GameCube. I'm just pointing out how one art/design philosophy has a wider, longer-lasting appeal than the other.
    I feel you. I was just giving my point of view from a person who has all three last gen systems and enjoys the Xbox the most. But I also like my PS2 and GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600
    Besides, 7 out of the 17 Xbox games you listed are first-person shooters. That's 42%.
    Subtract 6 of those fps's and add these:

Forza
    Outrun 2
    Hitman Contracts
    Fatal Frame 2
    Panzer Dragoon Orta
    Crimson Skies

Problem solved.

I thought that was Goldeneye 007.
    Let's keep it real. Goldeneye 007 was a phenomenal game.....in it's time. Today it's nearly unplayable compared to all the great fps's we get yearly. It hasn't aged well and can't hold anything on Riddick....except multiplayer But the new one is getting that.

Why do you think Joe charges so much for a common game like Super Mario World?
    Because he needs the money obviously. I try to get as much for my games as possible too.

Anyway, Boat and Richter just want the Xbox to go away. I'm not sure why but it's their opinion to have. Maybe they are still upset that the new kid beat the Gamecube. It's fine(and normal) to not like a particular system but it helps to have a good argument for that stance, especially on these forums.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-06-2009 at 04:50 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.