Thread: Do you respond to all questions?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Do you respond to all questions?

I gave despcription of game (gigawing 2, currently at $8.50) as great, disc is spotless. This guy has emailed twice asking:
    Hi, I was wondering if you can give each of these a rating out of 10:
    The game disk, instruction booklet, jewel case, insert. Please be as
    picky as possible.

Yuuuckk. I might do it, despite the giant pain that it is to reply, and the premonition of doom I get from this guy- he is obviously going to be picky about tiny thing and I hate those buyers. But his feedback is 80 positive and 20 negative so I don't think I'll bother anyway. Most of the feedback indicates he is a kid like "couldn't pay" and "gave password to his little brother".

Maybe in some respects I'm ebay lazy, but my philosophy is that if you are buying a game the seller says is in great condition, and they have the feedback to back it up, and sell games on a regular basis- hey amazing, it's probably going to be as described! Don't ask me to analyze a $10 game with a magnifying glass, it's almost disrespectful.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I agree with you. The only thing that annoys me sometimes is when I buy a game that I have allready played (read: like) and intend to keep for years and years, maybe as a possible collector item. Sometimes when they say 'great condition' I get the game with a crack in the case or something, and the packing is solid enough so I know it was'nt due to the mailing.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me replies to those are ALWAYS:

Please refer to the picture and item description for the answer to this question. Thanx!
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

In a case like that you can always opt to reply fairly late...that's what I've done. In that case, I'm not a dick for ignoring the person, but because I've waited so long, they probably aren't going to bid.

Maybe not the best policy, but there it is.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like to respond to all of them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default more people who just read the title and spam

hah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually email back telling the person that the exact description is in the auction. I try my best to be as precise in my auctions as possible. I have actually received emails for OTHER games for a game I was/am auctioning...example:

"I saw your Outrun 3d game for the SMS on ebay. I would like to win it as long as I can buy some other games such as Afterburner, Shinobi, Alex Kidd Lost Stars, and Transbot. Give me a shipping price for the lot"

WHAT? I only listed one game! Does this person think I am a retailer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't read all of the posts in this thread so pardon me if I am repeating anyone. I usually only reply to incredible picky buyers like this guy if the item is going to go over$30 to $40.

I had a series of auctions end for PS games and many items included statements like "complete with original instructions and jewel case" I received 3 emails from different bidders asking if the item was complete. Crap like that turns me away from eBay.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Do you respond to all questions?

Quote Originally Posted by chocobokick
    "gave password to his little brother".
    Dude, if I had a dollar for every time I have been given this as an excuse from a buyer I'd be the richest person here. It's just another lie like the "I have a brain tumor", "my husband is in the gulf" and "I got my penis caught in the cat".

I actually did get that last one as an excuse, but the accompanying pic was so funny I let them off.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gotta disagree here.

First, because all I sell are rarer games, I always have a good photo, and a detailed description of any flaws (even small cracks in the jewel case, for instance). I answer all email questions, because I dont think of it as being picky - if I were buying an 80 dollar game, I'd want to be damn sure what I was getting too.

Quite frankly, if I want something for my collection, 10 bucks or 1000 bucks, I want to know exactly what condition it's in. The better you describe your auction, the less Q's you'll get AND the more money you'll get for the auction.

If I saw a fuzzy picture and "Includes CD, instructions and jewel case", I would definitely email for more info. That doesn't cut it for collecting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    Me replies to those are ALWAYS:

Please refer to the picture and item description for the answer to this question. Thanx!
    As someone who just got cheated a bit on an auction WITH a picture because of a small lie ("sin of omission" if I were feeling kindly) in the item description, I'd say that an answer like that would bother me.

On the other hand, I wouldn't answer anything that's obvious from the auction description, unless to chide them for not reading it, so I can see where Wulf's answer would come in handy too.

The secret is, if it isn't OBVIOUS from your picture and description, by all means, answer them.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?