Thread: Nubytech Megaman X GC Controller Problem (This is REALLY weird)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    OsakaPapa

Angry Nubytech Megaman X GC Controller Problem (This is REALLY weird)

Ok, so, I've had my Megaman X GC controller since the day it came out, and since then it has worked like a charm...until the other day. I'm playing Brawl on the Wii with it, as I have done many times before, and all of a sudden, it stops working mid-game. I plug it in and take it a few times, and still no response. Every other GC controller I have works fine, so I know it's not the port in my Wii. So I gave up on it, and tried again another day. Start up Brawl, it's all loaded up, and I plug in my Megaman controller, and my Wii powers off.......WTF. If I then press the pwoer button again, my Wii LOSES POWER. Yes, that's right, the light goes completely off, and I have to unplug and plug in my adapter to the back of the Wii. I didn't even know a controller could DO that!

The collective minds of myself, Joe, and Murphy couldn't figure out this lunacy, so maybe one of you guys can. I know Murph opened it up, and all the solders were fine, and he put the heat gun on them just to make sure they were good.

I'm at a loss, and this is my favorite controller of all times. What do you guys think?

Taking commissions for bead sprite artwork! Check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pixxe...29914793751788 to see all the awesome video game pixel art I've made!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like this will remain a MYSTERY???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two of my controller "s" for the Xbox did something similar. At first they worked great but then in the middle of playing a game I got the "please insert a controller" message pop up on my screen. After that, they will not let me do anything. If I have the game started at the menu with another conroller, as soon as I put them in they cause that message to pop up.

Microsoft's customer service couldn't help at all, so I sold one of them to a video game store down here. I think the problem is more my Xbox refusing to acknowledge them more than anything else.

You should try your controller on both another Wii and your Gamecube(or someone else's). If it doesn't work on either, it's a controller problem. If it work's on the other systems, than it's probably your Wii doing what my Xbox did: refusing to accept a certain controller that it has regularly accepted in the past. I have no idea why this happens but it just does.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Be careful. It sounds to me like a short in the controller, and you don't want to mess up your system by plugging it in. I could be wrong, though.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026