Thread: They are still making PS2 games!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default They are still making PS2 games!

I just saw an ad here on japanese TV for some army game that looks hawt. I thought it was going to be a PS3 game from the look of the graphics, but actually it was PS2. I would have thought high-budget ps2 stuff would have winded down with it's replacement out.

Then again maybe not, nobody I know in Japan (I know a lot of gamers here) has a PS3 except for a banker who has every major system and never actually plays his ps3.

Insert Coin (Level 0) consolecrusader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    consolecrusader
    PSN
    consolecrusader

If you look at the Japanese market there are still TONS of games for PS2 every time a Gundam game comes out it sells 1 million or so in first week lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rumor has it that the new Sonic Unleashed game will not only be released on the Xbox360 & PS3, but also the Wii & PS2. And then there's Persona 4.

I hope the PS2 lasts a good long time as I'm starting to enjoy all the SNK Playmore love.
    Last edited by Xexyz; 03-31-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

yeah its still kicking. Last I played was devil kings and NGBC from snk. I really want yakuza 2 dammit!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    yeah its still kicking. Last I played was devil kings and NGBC from snk. I really want yakuza 2 dammit!
    Sega has confirmed that it's coming out here this year at some point. Sometime in Fall would be my best guess.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've actually been playing a lot of PS2 lately. My 360 RRoD'd, and I wanted to take a break from Wii gaming. I picked up FF 12 a year ago, but it sat unplayed on my shelf, so I finally started this weekend. I've had the original Ratchet & Clank sitting around unopened for years as well, though I had played a demo which I really liked. I started that last week and I'm enjoying it. I honestly don't miss my 360 at all, and it's nice to get caught up on a little bit of the gaming backlog.

Sports games are still coming out for the ps2, and probably will for another couple of years.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony's still selling about 200K PS2s a month, so it's going to be supported for a while. You're not likely to see any AAA titles (God of War II was probably the last) but it's going to be on store shelves for probably another couple of years.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They better keep making and releasing PS2 titles! I can't get enough of the system. And the imports just keep getting better.

Yeah, there is some budget crap out there, but for the most part, there are some decent games that have come out recently. I'm thinking about Heavenly Guardian right now.

As far as AAA titles, I guess it depends on your definition of what a AAA title is. Domestically, we're about to get Arcana Heart, Baroque, Chaos Wars, Mana Khemia and SNK Classics within the next month, so that looks pretty promising to me. I figure at the very least we'll keep getting Wii ports without the motion control functionality.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

I miss my PS2 so much. I wish I'd brought that to Korea with me instead of the 360. There's just nothing on the 360 I'm particularly interested in playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I haven't been paying attention to the PS2 section in stores for at least a year or so. When I check out videogames, I tend to look at cheap Xbox games, or new Xbox 360 titles. The other day I walked through a GameStop and saw a bunch of games I wanted, like the Aqua Teen Hunger Force game, the Harvey Birdman one, and the new Twisted Metal game. And a new add-on/upgrade to Phantasy Star Universe that looks fairly lame. The screenshots on the back have your character doing yoga. Um... wha? Still, there's some life left in the ol' PS2. There's still several titles that look good enough to keep buying stuff for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SNK classics? Guess I'll be leaving the PS2 hooked up after all. I'm contemplating buying a 360 so I can play online with my friends...but I wish they all played PS2 online instead, being able to play with my friends is the really the only reason i want a 360 (well, that and Street Fighter 4)

i really am not much into modern games, but all of these sweet classics compliations keep coming out for the PS2...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The nice thing is that sealed new PS2 games get cheap quickly too. Super Robot War OG Gaiden retail $70 or so, I bought it new from an online shop 3 months after it released for $15.

Gundam games, are ANY gundam games any good aside from Super Robot Wars and G Generation? I guess the 3D SEED ones aren't bad.

On a side note, I just got God of War I for PS2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanon View Post
    Gundam games, are ANY gundam games any good aside from Super Robot Wars and G Generation? I guess the 3D SEED ones aren't bad.
    Federation vs Zeon DX for the DC, baby!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking about SRW. I wish the SRW Advance remake was for PS2 and not PSP. I need more Soulgain and PSP doesn't have enough games I want to play.